the.ronin

Confederacy of the Dunces

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We received our first touch a few weeks ago ... no email updates although I have signed up for it and no changes to the status language on the USCIS site.

Over the weekend I received an RFE for evidence that we have met in person within the last two years - evidence which I have already submitted ...

The Petitioner submitted evidence copies of Passport pages that show admission stamps older than 2 years.

The copies of each pages of the petitioner U.S. passport were per directions on the I-129F as proof of citizenship. Additionally, entry into Mexico from the U.S. does not warrant a passport stamp nor does re-entry into the U.S.

Under a separate section - which, mind you, I'd like to think was clearly marked per my obsessive compulsive disorder ...

dunceszy8.jpg

... included 5 photos with month, day, and year stamped on each, location, and both of our full names. Additionally, this section includes copies of airline boarding passes each with our names and copies bus boarding passes each with our names; copies. Each page with the header clearly indicating "Proof of Having Met in Past Two Years" including a description of what is contained on the page. In each circumstance, all dates are within 2 years from the date of application (as well as the current date today).

Yes, I am extremely pissed off. I made sure to put in an inordinate amount of time and effort to make sure the application was not only complete - but also extremely organized and presentable. I would never presume that all the attention to detail would warrant an automatic visa - hardly. But I would expect my $170 to cover some degree of competence in reviewing my application. Now we've got another three months delay to the process thank you to an imbecile at USCIS with the mental capacity of a spoon.

|| Adjustment of Status ||

01.09.09 :: Interview passed and conditional GC granted

11.17.08 :: Appointment Notice for Interview on 01.09.09

06.09.08 :: EAD received

06.06.08 :: AP received

06.02.08 :: EAD touched; card production ordered

05.30.08 :: AP touched

05.08.08 :: Biometrics appointment; AOS and EAD touched

04.28.08 :: Appointment Notice for Biometrics on 05.08.08

04.22.08 :: NOA1 receipt confirmation (AOS, AP, EAD)

04.21.08 :: Application fee processed

03.09.08 :: Application received by USCIS

03.07.08 :: Submitted I-485 Adjustment of Status (incl AP, EAD)

|| K1 Fiance Visa ||

12.01.07 :: Marriage date

09.29.07 :: Entered U.S. via San Ysidro POE

09.21.07 :: Cena de Compramisos - officially proposed

09.04.07 :: CDJ interview - visa granted (full report)

09.03.07 :: CDJ medical exam taken

08.11.07 :: CDJ packet received by beneficiary

07.15.07 :: CDJ packet received by petitioner

06.20.07 :: NOA2 petition approval

06.19.07 :: Touched

06.14.07 :: Touched - CSC confirmed receipt of RFE response

06.06.07 :: RFE received by CSC

05.30.07 :: RFE replied

05.28.07 :: RFE received

05.21.07 :: Touched

03.09.07 :: NOA1 receipt confirmation

03.07.07 :: Application fee processed

03.06.07 :: Application received by CSC

02.28.07 :: Submitted I-129F Petition for Fiance Visa

05.17.05 :: Registered on VisaJourney.com

12.21.04 :: She hit on me first ... really... I swear

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline

ok...first things first...Breathe!

I hear you loud and clear that you are frustrated at receiving and RFE. However, it is not the end of the world, and hardly a waste of three months. and RFE does not put you back at square one. It allows you to send in the requested information directly to 'you case' via your case number. So the successful processing of received RFE information tends to get you an approval within a couple weeks...but I can't say this is definate.

My suggestion for the evidence is to resubmit the boarding passes and what-not from the trips to Mexico, and any relevent pages in your passport (if any). I would also attach a signed supplemental letter that explains the lack of stamps in your passport. It sounds like you may have older stamps in there and they are looking for the ones that correspond to the most recent trips you claim. The USCIS workers wouldn't always know which countries would give a stamp and which wouldn't. (This letter is what I am doing for the interview as I have run into a similar issue.)

I'm sure the frustration you let out was just a little vent, but just in case, I will caution you to be as sweet as pie in any phone calls/infopass appointments or correspondence as a perceived nasty tone (frustration in our world) will only make things harder when trying to get information.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sorry about the frustration...but I do have to say that I couldn't help but admire your tabs. If only I could be as organized...but I just got frustrated and stuck everything together with a binder tab.

Are you sure that entry doesn't warrant a passport stamp? I've got stamps from entry into both Mexico and the US. Or perhaps you mean by land?

Good luck!

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: Timeline
We received our first touch a few weeks ago ... no email updates although I have signed up for it and no changes to the status language on the USCIS site.

Over the weekend I received an RFE for evidence that we have met in person within the last two years - evidence which I have already submitted ...

The Petitioner submitted evidence copies of Passport pages that show admission stamps older than 2 years.

The copies of each pages of the petitioner U.S. passport were per directions on the I-129F as proof of citizenship. Additionally, entry into Mexico from the U.S. does not warrant a passport stamp nor does re-entry into the U.S.

Under a separate section - which, mind you, I'd like to think was clearly marked per my obsessive compulsive disorder ...

... included 5 photos with month, day, and year stamped on each, location, and both of our full names. Additionally, this section includes copies of airline boarding passes each with our names and copies bus boarding passes each with our names; copies. Each page with the header clearly indicating "Proof of Having Met in Past Two Years" including a description of what is contained on the page. In each circumstance, all dates are within 2 years from the date of application (as well as the current date today).

Yes, I am extremely pissed off. I made sure to put in an inordinate amount of time and effort to make sure the application was not only complete - but also extremely organized and presentable. I would never presume that all the attention to detail would warrant an automatic visa - hardly. But I would expect my $170 to cover some degree of competence in reviewing my application. Now we've got another three months delay to the process thank you to an imbecile at USCIS with the mental capacity of a spoon.

There is no evidence that USCIS doesn't just get your petition & throw out all tabs, and file according to their standards. They could hardly be expected to read your cover letter for each tab. Deep breath & return what they asked for. It is most definitely not a waste nor a delay of 3 months.

Many people get RFEs for things already submitted.

Seriously nice organization. You are my hero :)

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Many people get RFE's for 'evidence' already submitted in the original filing. Just copy your "Evidence of Having Met w/in the last 2 years" section all over again, and mail it in. Many have done the same thing. In most cases approval of the petition comes shortly after USCIS acknowledges receipt of your RFE response. Its not as bad as you think....chin up, you'll probably have your approval in short order. :thumbs::)

Good luck!

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

Thanks for the responses you guys ... yes, this is just me venting. Mostly because I am beside myself that $170 evidently doesn't even buy enough competence to warrant reviewing the whole application package. The passport copies were in front of the tab marked "evidence" and I presume they got to that passport, saw that the stamps were outdated and assumed that was the evidence of having met. When in fact ... 1) the passport was meant for proof of citizenship and 2) the only stamps on there are for travels to Morocco, the U.K., and Holland. :bonk:

And yes, I do plan to be as cordial as can be when I speak to them ... as my boss always tells me, "... easier to catch bees with honey than vinegar" haha.

Thanks again you guys. It is helpful to just have good people that sympathize with you. I'd buy you all beers if I could. :thumbs:

|| K1 Fiance Visa ||

Timeline

Wow so it's NORMAL to get RFEs for Es already submitted??? And I thought I had read through enough of these forums ... I guess not!!

Do you think it is worth my contacting the 800 number and referring to the evidence already submitted; just go ahead and submitting the evidence (again); submit the evidence and then some; or all of the above?

I feel SO much better now. Damn I really wish I could buy you all beers!! :thumbs:

|| K1 Fiance Visa ||

Filed: Timeline
Wow so it's NORMAL to get RFEs for Es already submitted??? And I thought I had read through enough of these forums ... I guess not!!

A 13 page RFE thread here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...0&start=180

Do you think it is worth my contacting the 800 number and referring to the evidence already submitted; just go ahead and submitting the evidence (again); submit the evidence and then some; or all of the above?

No, do not call. Just submit what they ask for.

I feel SO much better now. Damn I really wish I could buy you all beers!! :thumbs:

You have to send a response to the RFE, no way around that. Calling the 800 number at this point will get you a person who will tell you the same thing, and it will be an exercise in futility. Your adjudicator (incompetent as he/she may be) has requested evidence....and that has been noted electronically in your 'file'. This means processing on your case has stopped and USCIS is waiting on you to respond. The only way to get to the next step is to send the evidence they're requesting (as stupid as it sounds since you've already included it) and wait for them to resume processing your case. The good news is that approval is usually forthcoming relatively quickly after you mail in your RFE response. Don't even think that this is a 3 month delay, I doubt that. I've seen a few weeks delay for RFE's but not as much as 3 months.

I'll take a Heineken, if you please! :D

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline
I'll take a Heineken, if you please! :D

-P

Just one?? :D

|| K1 Fiance Visa ||

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline

Bass Ale for me...I've been in Grenada too long...only get really strong rum or Carib beer (not that great)

and I could be persuaded to have two or three.

I'm glad you feel better. We all put so much into this process, it seems like a disaster when little things go wrong along the way. Good Luck with your response to the RFE.

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

Timeline
Seriously nice organization. You are my hero :)

5th degree OCD. :D

I'm still curious as to why I never got an email update and why the status description on the site has not changed.

I understand they are doing the "best" they can but for $170, I truly do find this all rather disconcerting. And to think they are increasing the fees more than two-fold. Quicker turnaround ... yeah ok, right after I buy that bridge in Brooklyn.

|| K1 Fiance Visa ||

Timeline

Ok guys and gals ... I'm about to head to the post office to send in my response to the RFE via certified & return receipt mail.

I plan on including exactly what I had sent with the original package:

- 5 original photos with time stamps (month, day, year) with our names, locations, and dates on back as well

- copies of airline boarding passes with our names and dates for our trip in Oct 2006 to Gauadalajara

- copies of bus boarding passes with our names and dates for our trip in Dec 2005 to Mazatlan

I also included a cover letter outlining the above and clarifying the purpose of the U.S. passport copy included in the original application was as proof of U.S. citizenship. Recall they had thought that was meant as proof of having met. For what it was worth, I also indicated that traveling to Mexico by land does not warrant an exit / entry stamp - that you don't even need a passport just a drivers license. I also mentioned that I live just 100 miles from the border and visit my fiance every weekend.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything here. Wish me luck!

|| K1 Fiance Visa ||

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.