JVKn'CVO

Calculating for NOA2

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I'm wondering...

Checking the timelines and stats, I see that it's a lot more common to calculate the estimated date for the NOA2 going by the day the NOA1 was received. But one would think that it would be more accurate to go by the date the I-129 was received by the service center, right?

http://k1visastats.com/March.htm

"Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On April 5, 2007, we received this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Caro,

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I guess they go by the day it was entered into the system. Depending on when they get it they may have to wait to enter the info.

Just my 2 cents B)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

One of the reasons it is easier to use the NOA1 issued date rather than the receipt of application date, is that NSC and TSC have to send theirs to CSC. CSC will issue your NOA1 and NOA2, and there is no travel time between service centers. Therefore it is easier to calculate.So it is easier to use the NOA1. But then again, CSC never ceases to amaze me with the way they do things.

OUR TIMELINE

MARCH 7, 2007 - SENT I-129F TO CSC

MARCH 13, 2007- NOA1

MARCH 19, 2007- REC'D BY SNAIL MAIL

May 23, 2007- APPROVED!

May 24, 2007- Rec'd e mail stating I was approved on the 23rd!!!!

May 29, 2007- Arrives at NVC

May 30, 2007- Called NVC and received MNL#

May 31, 2007- Left NVC headed to MANILA

June 4, 2007- Petition Arrives at USE Manila

June 12, 2007- Packet Mailed from Manila

June 25, 2007- Rec'd Packet

July 27, 2007- Medical appointment Aug. 3, 2007- August 3rd Interview, APPROVED!!! 149 days from filing!!!

Sept. 7,2007- Mary will be landing in LAX

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
One of the reasons it is easier to use the NOA1 issued date rather than the receipt of application date, is that NSC and TSC have to send theirs to CSC. CSC will issue your NOA1 and NOA2, and there is no travel time between service centers. Therefore it is easier to calculate.So it is easier to use the NOA1. But then again, CSC never ceases to amaze me with the way they do things.

Yes, the NOA1 notice date is the most accurate starting point. The way things are going now, many would never have a start date if they used the NOA1 receipt date. Your place in line starts on the NOA1 notice date.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

mmm maybe I'm mistaken...but our case was forwarded from TCS to CSC and the received date showing in the USCIS web site is the day CSC received our petition...not TSC.

where did you get that information, that the received date is for the service center that first received the petition?

Caro,

***Justin And Caro***

Filed: Timeline
I'm wondering...

Checking the timelines and stats, I see that it's a lot more common to calculate the estimated date for the NOA2 going by the day the NOA1 was received. But one would think that it would be more accurate to go by the date the I-129 was received by the service center, right?

http://k1visastats.com/March.htm

"Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On April 5, 2007, we received this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Caro,

Welcome to the process. The first part is the hardest as it's the longest wait times for things to happen. Either way you look at it, if you go through CSC it's going to take about 3 months for your NOA2 and if you go through Vermont it's about one month. Since your at the CSC, you have till about the middle of July for yours to be escalated to NOA2 level. It's kind of weird in that the days go by slow by the weeks go by fast. We just submitted our Packet 3 and should be getting an interview date in July in Bangkok. It's well worth the wait. Just enjoy the process. Ken

Timeline
Welcome to the process. The first part is the hardest as it's the longest wait times for things to happen. Either way you look at it, if you go through CSC it's going to take about 3 months for your NOA2 and if you go through Vermont it's about one month. Since your at the CSC, you have till about the middle of July for yours to be escalated to NOA2 level. It's kind of weird in that the days go by slow by the weeks go by fast. We just submitted our Packet 3 and should be getting an interview date in July in Bangkok. It's well worth the wait. Just enjoy the process. Ken

Nice to meet you Ken :thumbs:

Caro,

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***

Timeline
mmm maybe I'm mistaken...but our case was forwarded from TCS to CSC and the received date showing in the USCIS web site is the day CSC received our petition...not TSC.

where did you get that information, that the received date is for the service center that first received the petition?

Caro,

Anyone? :(

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hmmmmmm....I have been wandering about the timelines also. The VJ timeline shows me waiting 88 days. I really don't know where this number comes from. My NOA1 was 03/05/07 and that is 81 days. I mailed it on 02/27/07; which still doesn't add up to 88 days. None of this is really a problem, but I have been curious anyway. And my estimated time of approval on my timeline shows me at 06/19/07, which puts me around 105 to 113 days until approval. With all of the March Filers getting approvals already I would think that day would get nearer. But I know this is all about averages...I will just have to wait and see when my NOA2 arrives and it will all be a moot point anyway..

reach449

Edited by reach449

SAO'S AND RANDY'S TIMELINES:

K-1

03/05/07-NAO1

06/03/07-NOA2

08/06/07-INTERVIEW>>PASSED INTERVIEW!!

08/21/07-POE LAX!!!

09/24/07-Wedding

AOS:

10/29/07-All, (three) NOA1's received in the mail!

11/20/07-Biometric's Appointment/Complied with..no problems

12/18/07-NOA for interview appointment...02/12/08

01/04/08-Recieved EAD card and AP in the US mail!

02/12/08-AOS APPROVED AT INTERVIEW; CARD ORDERED

02/28/08-Green Card arrived in mail.

Removal of Conditions:

11/12/09-Mailed I-751 package

11/23/09-NOA 1

01/21/10-USCIS confirms no Biometrics

02/16/10-Card Production ordered

02/27/10-Green Card arrived!

N-400 Naturalization Citizenship:

12/12/2014-N-400 Package received by Lewisville Lockbox

12/18/2014-I-797C NOA received in mail; sent in old version of N-400

01/02/2014-USCIS Lewisville Received Package

01/06/2014-Checked Cashed

01/12/2014-Email from USCIS Receipt of Package

02/03/15-Biometrics Completed

02/04/15-USCIS notice of scheduling Interview

02/24/15-Interview scheduled for 03/31/2015

03/31/2015-Interview>Went Very well!

04/28/2015-OATH

Timeline

You mean in the K1 stats link? you're right, I haven't noticed that, that's weird

Maybe I wasn't very clear on the initial post. The question is:

What would be the most accurate way to calculate estimated adjudicated date? using the received date, the day NOA1 was received, or the date the first package was sent?

Many things can delay the date the NOA1 is received (I've even read about some people that never got the NOA1 at all!)

for example....someone that lives it Texas is bound to receive the NOA1 later than someone that lives next door to CSC.

or maybe they just didn't tip the postman on christmas! :P

Same thing with the date the package was sent...and keep in mind that NSC and TSC applications are being forwarded to California, so between the time we sent the the first package and California received it, 9 days went by. (we sent the first package march 27 with next day delivery to TSC and because of the transfer hassle, CSC received it april 5th)

So my question is...with all this factors in mind...why is the rule that we are using date of NOA1 to calculate estimated adjudicated date? is there something I'm missing? :innocent:

Caro,

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
You mean in the K1 stats link? you're right, I haven't noticed that, that's weird

Maybe I wasn't very clear on the initial post. The question is:

What would be the most accurate way to calculate estimated adjudicated date? using the received date, the day NOA1 was received, or the date the first package was sent?

Many things can delay the date the NOA1 is received (I've even read about some people that never got the NOA1 at all!)

for example....someone that lives it Texas is bound to receive the NOA1 later than someone that lives next door to CSC.

or maybe they just didn't tip the postman on christmas! :P

Same thing with the date the package was sent...and keep in mind that NSC and TSC applications are being forwarded to California, so between the time we sent the the first package and California received it, 9 days went by. (we sent the first package march 27 with next day delivery to TSC and because of the transfer hassle, CSC received it april 5th)

So my question is...with all this factors in mind...why is the rule that we are using date of NOA1 to calculate estimated adjudicated date? is there something I'm missing? :innocent:

Caro,

I think the most logical way to calculate the NOA1 start date is not the day you send it or the day it was signed for; but the very first date recorded at USCIS,(CSC, NSC, VSC, TSC) on your petition. Of if you are lucky enough to actually get an official NOA1,(I didn't), the date on that should work. The bottom line is when you read the sentence from USCIS; " On (date) we received your 129F petition for alien fiancee'.....). That is the most accurate date to use, regardless where we send it. Just my opinion.

I think I will send this link to Captain Ewok and see what he says about this.

Anyway, Good luck! :thumbs:

reach449

Edited by reach449

SAO'S AND RANDY'S TIMELINES:

K-1

03/05/07-NAO1

06/03/07-NOA2

08/06/07-INTERVIEW>>PASSED INTERVIEW!!

08/21/07-POE LAX!!!

09/24/07-Wedding

AOS:

10/29/07-All, (three) NOA1's received in the mail!

11/20/07-Biometric's Appointment/Complied with..no problems

12/18/07-NOA for interview appointment...02/12/08

01/04/08-Recieved EAD card and AP in the US mail!

02/12/08-AOS APPROVED AT INTERVIEW; CARD ORDERED

02/28/08-Green Card arrived in mail.

Removal of Conditions:

11/12/09-Mailed I-751 package

11/23/09-NOA 1

01/21/10-USCIS confirms no Biometrics

02/16/10-Card Production ordered

02/27/10-Green Card arrived!

N-400 Naturalization Citizenship:

12/12/2014-N-400 Package received by Lewisville Lockbox

12/18/2014-I-797C NOA received in mail; sent in old version of N-400

01/02/2014-USCIS Lewisville Received Package

01/06/2014-Checked Cashed

01/12/2014-Email from USCIS Receipt of Package

02/03/15-Biometrics Completed

02/04/15-USCIS notice of scheduling Interview

02/24/15-Interview scheduled for 03/31/2015

03/31/2015-Interview>Went Very well!

04/28/2015-OATH

Timeline

great! :thumbs:

Good luck to you too, :)

Caro

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.