TQM_Angie

QUESTION 11 ON I-134 AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

On Q 11 of the Affidavit of support, it asks:

"I intend/do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person(s) named in item 3 [by which they mean my fiance]. (If you check "intend," indicate the exact nature and duration of the contributions. For example, if you intend to furnish room and board, state for how long and, if money, state the amount in US dollars and state whether it is to be given in a lump sum, weekly or monthly, or for how long."

Here is my answer, in informal blogging terms. Tom has quite a bit of money saved (has a savings account, has sold his car, etc) and won't be a particular burden to me or, most certainly not the government, when he arrives. He will be living in my apartment however and I will continue to pay my rent on behalf of both of us--- it will be the same exact apartment that I have lived in for the past six months, the rent will not change, and thus the financial burden will be no greater to me. I will continue to pay my monthly rent like I always have--the only difference is that Tom will be there as well.

Here is my answer that I have so far written on the affidavit:

"I do not intend to make specific contributions, but will continue paying for my own housing/rent as I do presently. He will be living in this apartment with me, and will be able to make contributions towards rent within three months. Rent will not differ upon his arrival."

I know that doesn't sound very poetic, but space is limited on the form. Is this explanation still valid as a "do not intend to make contributions" answer? It's not like I will be handing over to him any kind of money, paper or otherwise, it's just he will be sleeping in a place that I already pay for anyway, whether he's there or not. Any suggestions????

I-129F Sent : 2007-01-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-02-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-05-03

Packet 3 Received : 2007-06-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-06-08

Packet 4 received: 2007-07-04

Interview: July 17th 9:30am- approved

Travel to US Cincinnati POE 2007-08-16

Married: 2007-08-25

AOS Sent: 2007-09-27

EAD: 2007-10-27

CSC Transfer 2007-11-23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This question gets asked so often.

Question 11 has to do with other Non-immigrant visas like student, visitor, business, ect, those visas have a time limit and the sponsor like an individual or organization can specify how long they will provide support.

This is not the case for K-Visas, in this case Question does not apply, so dont check either box, and notate on the lines below "N/A ( K1 visa process for permanent residence )" or "N/A ( K3 visa process for permanent residence )"

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.