peezey

Question about religious sites

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm curious if anyone has used or read Beliefnet.com much? I only ask because I visit the site sometimes when I'm curious about a religious question, but I get the feeling (actually, it's very obvious to me) the site is extraordinarily biased in a particular way (which I'll refrain from mentioning), plus a few other observations about the sort of dictatorial way the discussion boards are looked after. I find this to be true in all different forums, not just Islam.

Just wondering what others have found.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
I'm curious if anyone has used or read Beliefnet.com much? I only ask because I visit the site sometimes when I'm curious about a religious question, but I get the feeling (actually, it's very obvious to me) the site is extraordinarily biased in a particular way (which I'll refrain from mentioning), plus a few other observations about the sort of dictatorial way the discussion boards are looked after. I find this to be true in all different forums, not just Islam.

Just wondering what others have found.

Belief.net is more progressive way more progressive. And depending on what type of Muslim you believe yourself to be (moderate to liberal, fundalmental,etc) and what you are looking for, then that is the type to look for:

Converts to Islam

Islam101

Islam City

Islam.com

Harun Yahya

Islam TV

Islam for kids

Islamic Laws

Unifed Ummah

Qur'an Reciter

Qur'an Resources

Eat Halal

Let the Qur'an Speak

I have more but again depends on what the person looking for. MAybe SZSZ has even more...

Timeline
I think some members here use or have used beliefnet. Private maybe?

Well I donnot know about that. But I found VJ from a post on Belief.net back in May 2006. Someone forwarded me some thread from their and i checked the site out. I remember some names there from here, so... :whistle:

Well I donnot know about that. But I found VJ from a post on Belief.net back in May 2006. Someone forwarded me some thread from their and i checked the site out. I remember some names there from here, so... :whistle:

are you thinking what I think your thinking :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dude, then I'm responsible for bringing Henia to VJ. I rock! B)

Pretty sure there are some other bnet posters around here :whistle:

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

:unsure: Not sure what you think I am thinking, buuuuuuut the 3 times I have visited that site I remember catching some *familiar* and unique names that I see here on VJ too... But really I donnot think it matters. (If you were I was talking about you, OPer, or Private ...I was not)

But as I far as the validity of that site. I think it is more of a chat forum discussing issues that may have some conncection to religion, then a site for information.

:unsure: Not sure what you think I am thinking, buuuuuuut the 3 times I have visited that site I remember catching some *familiar* and unique names that I see here on VJ too... But really I donnot think it matters. (If you were I was talking about you, OPer, or Private ...I was not)

But as I far as the validity of that site. I think it is more of a chat forum discussing issues that may have some conncection to religion, then a site for information.

I agree, and some off-the-wall discussions at that.

Filed: Other Timeline

I actually don't know anyone between VJ & BN, but I do correspond regularly with two people in the Islam forum on BN (I don't know many of the regulars there), and apparently the current thought is, at least one of the main moderators is jewish posing as a muslim. I have no idea if it's true, but apparently people are very concerned with the neutrality of the Islam section of the site, especially with someone like Elliott Abrams as a featured columnist.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Timeline
Dude, then I'm responsible for bringing Henia to VJ. I rock! B)

Pretty sure there are some other bnet posters around here :whistle:

:thumbs: Yes, I was thinking of Rahma when I made that comment. I recognized the name since it was unique. I remember reading some thread the first time I saw that site, about immigration or visas or something. I cannot remember. And someone (donnot remember who) posted the VJ link. So I checked out VJ and been here ever since ;):luv:

Timeline
I actually don't know anyone between VJ & BN, but I do correspond regularly with two people in the Islam forum on BN (I don't know many of the regulars there), and apparently the current thought is, at least one of the main moderators is jewish posing as a muslim. I have no idea if it's true, but apparently people are very concerned with the neutrality of the Islam section of the site, especially with someone like Elliott Abrams as a featured columnist.

LOL Jew posing as a Muslim. I see that acuzation (sp?) alot on other (Salafi based) forums. And knowing some of the looney ideology of *some* of the Salafis, I tend not to believe all I read. Hard to know what is what, when it comes to people and *their* form of religion. So I just use common sense and try to the proofs behind what they are saying.

Alot of people Submission.org is corupt (maybe I have not totally read the site well over) buuuuuuut I do not see it. So Allahu Allem!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know exactly what you're talking about. It's pretty astounding and also yucky.

Timeline

I know exactly what you're talking about. It's pretty astounding and also yucky.

;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

This topic has been moved to the 'Off Topic' Forum.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.