skysofialila

NVC questions - putting together the packet(s)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am the petitioner.

1) Do I need to send in my original birth certificate?

2) Do I need to send in my original divorce decree from my previous marriage?

3) I have all of the beneficiary's documents for the NVC translated and ready to go. Do I send that in together with my AOS packet (I-864, taxes, etc.?) Or do I send them to the NVC in two separate envelopes - one envelope with the beneficiary's stuff and the other envelope with the petitioner's stuff?

4) Is a "Tax Transcript" the entire printout of federal and state taxes (about 20 - 30 pages long)?

Thank you

NOA1 received: July 30, 2013

Transferred: Jan 22, 2014 (time from NOA1 to Transfer: 5 months 3 weeks 2 days)

Touched: Jan 24, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Alien reg. # changed: Jan 27, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Filed for expedite: Feb 5, 2014

s-event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The police records are issued via the internet in .PDF format with a barcode. Is this OK or do I have to get it notarized?

NOA1 received: July 30, 2013

Transferred: Jan 22, 2014 (time from NOA1 to Transfer: 5 months 3 weeks 2 days)

Touched: Jan 24, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Alien reg. # changed: Jan 27, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Filed for expedite: Feb 5, 2014

s-event.png

You do not send originals

For the NVC you send originals for the beneficiary but not the petitioner.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I am the petitioner.

1) Do I need to send in my original birth certificate? NO

2) Do I need to send in my original divorce decree from my previous marriage?NO

3) I have all of the beneficiary's documents for the NVC translated and ready to go. Do I send that in together with my AOS packet (I-864, taxes, etc.?) Or do I send them to the NVC in two separate envelopes - one envelope with the beneficiary's stuff and the other envelope with the petitioner's stuff? two envelopes to separate them but they can be sent with both envelopes into one large one.

4) Is a "Tax Transcript" the entire printout of federal and state taxes (about 20 - 30 pages long)? No a tax transcript is not the entire tax return. It's a simple, summarized tax document that is double sided or two page document and received online, via IRS office or ordered from the phone.

Thank you

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.