Jaycee

Refused Entry to US.....affect interview?

13 posts in this topic

My fiancee was denied entry to the US while our K1 visa was pending(they thought she was going to stay illegally, which she wasn't) I wish I had found this site before that happened, i could have avoided this. Well she is having her visa interview on Tuesday and she is worried the entry they put in her passport will affect her visa approval. Do we have anything to worry about? Does this affect her entry to the US? There was no illegal intentions, she was simply trying to visit while the paperwork was pending, she had a return ticket. Any help you guys can give would be really helpful. Thank you.

Filed: Timeline
My fiancee was denied entry to the US while our K1 visa was pending(they thought she was going to stay illegally, which she wasn't) I wish I had found this site before that happened, i could have avoided this. Well she is having her visa interview on Tuesday and she is worried the entry they put in her passport will affect her visa approval. Do we have anything to worry about? Does this affect her entry to the US? There was no illegal intentions, she was simply trying to visit while the paperwork was pending, she had a return ticket. Any help you guys can give would be really helpful. Thank you.

i WAS TOLD THAT YOUR FIANCE MAY SEEK TO ENTER AS A TOURIST AND IT WOULD NOT AFFECT YOUR PENDING PETITION. SO I REALLY WOULDNT WORRY TOO MUCH.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
My only concern is they put an entry in her passport saying she had been denied along with a case number(I think....its some kind of number)......will this be an issue for the visa?

It wont affect your case, many people have this happen, since your fiance failed to prove that she did not have strong ties back home, the Customs guard denied entry. It has no barring on the case.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
My only concern is they put an entry in her passport saying she had been denied along with a case number(I think....its some kind of number)......will this be an issue for the visa?

Copy the number out here exactly and we'll show you how to look up the piece of law she was refused with.

Then you can know if it will be a problem or not.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Copy the number out here exactly and we'll show you how to look up the piece of law she was refused with.

Then you can know if it will be a problem or not.

Not a problem at all. My fiance was denied entry when our K1 was pending too. It had absolutely no effect on the K1 and his visa was issued without any problem.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It will not affect your interview, you may geta lesson on immigration for about three minutes as we did at the interview. Just nod ,agree get your retrun slip and leave.

K-3 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2002-09-28

I-130 Sent : 2004-06-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2004-06-29

Re-entry to U.S. Denied:2005-12-31

I-130 Approval : 2006-03-09

NVC Received : 2006-05-02

Your I-130 was approved in 646 days.

NVC Packet complete 2006-09-14

Interview : 2006-11-01

Visa: 2006-11-02

POE: 2006-11-02

Arrived at home: 2006-11-04

Welcome Letter: 2006-11-24

Great, that puts my mind at ease a little. I don't have the number they put in her passport handy. I am just trying to avoid any surprises that may pop up during the interview. I want her to be as prepared as possible. Thak you guys for your responses.

Well so much for no baring on the case. My fiancee had her interview and was told since she was refused at the border in May the embassy had to do "further investigation" that would take a few more days. I am really starting to get worried. I have read the transcript of why she was refused and I know its because the immigration officer thought she was coming to stay(which she wasn't) not for some nefarious reason....she had been to America twice on a tourist visa before we filed for the K1. Has anyone had a similar problem? She was not given any paperwork, just the generic "wait longer" response....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sorry this happened - perhaps it wasn't a simple refusal at the border - if you look up the code you'll find out more about what happened.

Can you fill in your timeline please? Someone who has been through your consulate might be able to offer some information if you tell us where.

Sounds like Administrative Review to me. They are probably just trying to confirm the reason she was denied entry in May. The good news is that they did not issue a denial. Good luck. :thumbs:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Sorry this happened - perhaps it wasn't a simple refusal at the border - if you look up the code you'll find out more about what happened.

I don't have the code handy, the embassy kept her passport from the interview. I know the reason though. I read the transcript of her interview at the border and the agent from the Point of Entry called me when she was denied. He said he had reason to believe she would not be returning to Belgium which was ridiculous because we had filed the paperwork to do it the right way, she had a return ticket, and she had been to America twice before on a tourist visa. If she was going to stay illegally it would be much easier just to have her come on a tourist visa without wasting the $170 to file the K1. Thank you for the replies though. I hope it is just a simple Administrative Review as suggested.

Can you fill in your timeline please? Someone who has been through your consulate might be able to offer some information if you tell us where.

She has all the paperwork so I can only do a generic timeline but its the Brussells embassy. Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.