TucsonBill

Possible fraud situation

85 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Here is the story,

I flew from Tucon to LAX this past July, then got on the plane for Taipei enroute to Bangkok Thailand. I and the unfortunate experience of having to sit next to a 50 year old drunk, who told me he was a cab driver from LA that was going to see his 'fiance' in Vietnam. As he coninued to drink, (and offer me sleeping pills), until he finally passed out (thank God I didn't have to listen to him the whole 13+ hour flight!) he told me all about his 18 year old fiance.

He was approched by a Vietnamese man who owns a restraunt in LA, with a photo of a very pretty vietnamese girl and the asked if he would like to marry her. The restraunt owner said it was his cousin. (The restraunt owner was on the same flight, sitting in a different row, and came forward to our section to check on this man sitting next to me a few times). At any rate, he was told all he had to do was accompany this restraunt owner to Vietnam, get his photo taken with the girl in Vietnam, and he could 'do with her what ever he pleased' while there.... He elaborated, I won't, (trust me, this man was disgusting!).

I don't know if I should report this incident or not, but its certainly been bugging me!

Should I report it or butt out?

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Here is the story,

I flew from Tucon to LAX this past July, then got on the plane for Taipei enroute to Bangkok Thailand. I and the unfortunate experience of having to sit next to a 50 year old drunk, who told me he was a cab driver from LA that was going to see his 'fiance' in Vietnam. As he coninued to drink, (and offer me sleeping pills), until he finally passed out (thank God I didn't have to listen to him the whole 13+ hour flight!) he told me all about his 18 year old fiance.

He was approched by a Vietnamese man who owns a restraunt in LA, with a photo of a very pretty vietnamese girl and the asked if he would like to marry her. The restraunt owner said it was his cousin. (The restraunt owner was on the same flight, sitting in a different row, and came forward to our section to check on this man sitting next to me a few times). At any rate, he was told all he had to do was accompany this restraunt owner to Vietnam, get his photo taken with the girl in Vietnam, and he could 'do with her what ever he pleased' while there.... He elaborated, I won't, (trust me, this man was disgusting!).

I don't know if I should report this incident or not, but its certainly been bugging me!

Bill

The nice consulars at HCMC will take good care of this guy. No worries :thumbs:

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Other Timeline

Bill

You think it's that simple? Seriously, I'm wondering. It's her that gets past them.....

This story is bugging me for the young girl......18 yo and a big chance of getting abused by this 50 yo pervert.... I mean thats exactly the kind of situation that makes the K-1 visa looking bad :(.

I dont know. But maybe I would report that.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Timeline

He sat right next to me on the flight, I have little doubt that if Homeland Security wanted to know who he was, they could get his name. And of course, I can give them his general discription, and I'd certainly know his face if I saw it again.

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

AOS Journey:

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-08-27 Biometrics

Citizenship Journey:

Report it and do this young woman a big favour..... she is not a peice of meat for people to abuse....

Kezzie

Well, it could be abuse. I guess they could be lying to the cabbie and she's being brought over as part of something larger.

But supposedly it's the restuarant guys cousin. They might just want to get her over here....

Either way it's narly...

You think it's that simple? Seriously, I'm wondering.

I do. I think all the OP has to go on are the rants of a drunk middle aged man. The consulars at HCMC are hardasses and they will have a complete picture of the case. And they will take their sweet time in figuring it all out. In the end, I trust their ability to weed out this guy (if he's a fraudster) more than the OPs account of the ravings of a middle aged alcoholic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sounds very much like that ring that was broken up in Utah, and the other one in Georgia.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/n...rriage1014.html

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctime...ws/15815224.htm

I would report it to just get it off your chest, it probably wont get to far.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

This story is bugging me for the young girl......18 yo and a big chance of getting abused by this 50 yo pervert.... I mean thats exactly the kind of situation that makes the K-1 visa looking bad :(.

I doubt they'd even be living together for him to abuse her....

You think it's that simple? Seriously, I'm wondering.

I do. I think all the OP has to go on are the rants of a drunk middle aged man. The consulars at HCMC are hardasses and they will have a complete picture of the case. And they will take their sweet time in figuring it all out. In the end, I trust their ability to weed out this guy (if he's a fraudster) more than the OPs account of the ravings of a middle aged alcoholic.

Oh, yeah, for sure the CO's at HCMC play hardball. And I guess technically you could call the OP a fraudster. Sounds more like a pawn to me, in which case the beneficiary is going to be well trained by someone else to pass the interview.......

Timeline
..snipped.. Sounds more like a pawn to me, in which case the beneficiary is going to be well trained by someone else to pass the interview.......

This was my thought as well, if this 'restraunt owner' is willing to shell out the money for all these plane tickets, (as he purchased, or otherwise paid for this man to travel to Vietnam of course), I'm sure the girl has been and will be 'well coached' on what she must do.

Bill

PS If I (the OP) were a fraudster, I would not be posting my information here with my photos etc, (unless i was REALLY stupid, as I believe USCIS probably monotirs this site).

Edited by TucsonBill

I-129f Journey:

2006-10-23 NOA2

AOS Journey:

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-08-27 Biometrics

Citizenship Journey:

..snipped.. Sounds more like a pawn to me, in which case the beneficiary is going to be well trained by someone else to pass the interview.......

This was my thought as well, if this 'restraunt owner' is willing to shell out the money for all these plane tickets, (as he purchased, or otherwise paid for this man to travel to Vietnam of course), I'm sure the girl has been and will be 'well coached' on what she must do.

Unless she's a street girl. Then it may all fall apart at the interview...

If I (the OP) were a fraudster, I would not be posting my information here with my photos etc, (unless i was REALLY stupid, as I believe USCIS probably monotirs this site).

Maybe I've been sloppy in my choice of language. I meant the guy you spoke to, not you.