rizthomson

the mystery behind NVC # explained....

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

hello VJ friends........

just found the mystery behind the NVC case no......

take for example MNL 2006 785 030

the first three letter is for the abbreviation of the consulate where the beneficiary will be interviewed.. like for Manila it will be MNL.......and for Bombay = BMB

the next four digits is of this year as we all know....... 2006

and the next three digits......substract 500 from the three digit number and the # you get will be the day on which your case was entered into NVC system......

for ex 785 = (785-500) = 285 that is 285th day of this year which will be OCT 12th, the date when your case was entered into NVC system....

and the last three digits is the # of the case which was enterd into NVC on that day....

i dont know whether this was told in any previous forums...........also its for CR1/IR1 dont know if its same for other type of visas.....

just came to know so thought to share through this forum......

(F) my best wishes to you all 4 ur remaining visa journey..........

thaaaanx

Edited by rizthomson

IR5- Mother CIS (mom currently residing in UAE)

Jan 10, 2011 NOA 1 receipt

***********GOT RFE since my birth certificate was made after 29 years.********

June 29, 2011 NOA 2

NVC-

NVC Case Number and IIN Received, E-mails Exchanged : 08-03-2011

DS-3032 E-mail sent by Beneficiary: 08-03-2011

DS 3032 approved 08/10/11

IV & AOS bill payed 08/12/11

NVC receivd AOS & IV package 09/12/11

AOS approved 09/22/11

GOT RFE .... 09/28/2011

now NVC wants to see my original marriage certificate and birth certificate.

Case Complete 10/11/2011 (NO interview in November or Dec@ ABU DHABI consulate )

VISA granted...... 1/24/2012 thank you JESUS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for the NVC information.. The information was very helpful.

AKS

I-751 10yr Green Card

01-07-10 Approval Letter for the 10yr Green Card

01-15-10 Production Email Regarding the Green Card from USCIS

01-28-10 Green Card received from USCIS

US Citizenship

10-19-10 Mailed N-400 packet to Texas via Priority Mail

10-22-10 Packet was delivered after being forwarded to Dallas

10-27-10 Check was finally cashed by USCIS

10-30-10 I-797C Notice of Action (NOA) Received

11-02-10 RFE Text Message, and Email Received (Must be the Biometrics)

11-08-10 Biometrics Letter Received for 11/17/2010

11-17-10 Biometrics was done with in five minutes of reaching at 8:00am

12-06-10 Testing, and Interview email status received via email from USCIS with information to expect a letter shortly with appoinment time.

1-13-11 Interview Passed with form N-652 checked [box A] with congrats you have been recommended for finally approval.

1-13-11 USCIS JAX officer said the Oath letter will come in two or three months.

2-23-11 Oath Ceremony Letter was received for March 17th for 9am in the GNV Federal Court House

3-17-11 Oath Certificate was received at the oath ceremony, and appointment made for US passport for Monday 3-21-11.

hello VJ friends........

the first three letter is for the abbreviation of the consulate where the beneficiary will be interviewed.. like for Manila it will be MNL.......and for Bombay = BMB

and the next three digits......substract 500 from the three digit number and the # you get will be the day on which your case was entered into NVC system......

for ex 785 = (785-500) = 285 that is 285th day of this year which will be OCT 12th, the date when your case was entered into NVC system....

and the last three digits is the # of the case which was enterd into NVC on that day....

i dont know whether this was told in any previous forums...........also its for CR1/IR1 dont know if its same for other type of visas.....

thaaaanx

Glad to see somebody has found a way to fill their time..lol !!.. Thanks for the post :thumbs:

hello VJ friends........

thaaaanx

It is not a mystery. It had been discussed before, but I forgot at which forum. But there is nothing wrong discussing it again, as it can be helpful to some.

Edited by simple_male

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

rizthomson

Regardless of whether it has been discussed and posted before, it never hurts for it to be posted again as there will always be members who dont know the meaning of the NVC case number and will appreciate your posting this. :thumbs:

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

thank you Lorelle.........and dear MR simple_male as for your comment i have addressed about that in the original quote itself see " i dont know whether this was told in any previous forums"...........so you need not have spend your valuable time in responding to my thread......but its useful for the new members and LORELLE as usual is right.........

thaaaaaaaaaaaanx

IR5- Mother CIS (mom currently residing in UAE)

Jan 10, 2011 NOA 1 receipt

***********GOT RFE since my birth certificate was made after 29 years.********

June 29, 2011 NOA 2

NVC-

NVC Case Number and IIN Received, E-mails Exchanged : 08-03-2011

DS-3032 E-mail sent by Beneficiary: 08-03-2011

DS 3032 approved 08/10/11

IV & AOS bill payed 08/12/11

NVC receivd AOS & IV package 09/12/11

AOS approved 09/22/11

GOT RFE .... 09/28/2011

now NVC wants to see my original marriage certificate and birth certificate.

Case Complete 10/11/2011 (NO interview in November or Dec@ ABU DHABI consulate )

VISA granted...... 1/24/2012 thank you JESUS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
hello VJ friends........

thaaaanx

Thank you so much for this.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-18

NVC Received : 2006-10-20

NVC Left : 2006-10-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-02

Packet 4 Received : 2006-12-07

Interview Date : 2007-01-31

Visa Received : 2007-02-03

US Entry : 2007-03-06

Marriage : 2007-03-30

• 4 years later...

CROSS REFERNCING THE OTHER THREAD. I POSTED A PICTURE OF THE JULIAN CALENDAR FOR CALCULATIONS ON THAT THREAD. NO MORE ROOM IN MY ATTACHMENT QUOTA TO POST IT AGAIN OVER HERE FOR FOLKS.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/39241-the-meaning-of-the-nvc-case-number/page__gopid__4761855#entry4761855

Julian Calendar to calculate the day of the year. Perhaps easier on the eyes if you go to the webpage directly.

http://www.scp.byu.edu/docs/doychart.html

First column within each month is for regular years. The second column is for leap years: 1972, 1976, 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2020.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Kinda like the secret handshake that we all share--we can wink at each other knowing that the outside world doesn't have a clue and that this small circle shares an intense degree of friendship and knowledge

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.