NaNaNaNaBooBoo

Can I-129F Petition Expire?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am a bit nervous, as I spoke with our case manager at the Johannesburg Embassy in South Africa and he said that the I-129F petition is only good for four months!!! Is this possible? He said we may have to refile. We have done nothing wrong, all forms were returned one day after we received them. He said he would need to look further into our case, but went ahead and scheduled our interview date for Nov. 7th. This man was our first case manager, then we were sent to 3 other managers, and turns out all along the first manager was our case manager, unbelievable. Our NOA1 is April 4th, four months after that is Aug. 4th, we didn't even get our NOA2 until Aug. 14th. I think our case manager is loopy. Should I ask to speak to a supervisor?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If the Embassy had your case before the 4 months they "usually" automatically extend your petition.

I have not heard of anyone having to refile.

Good luck.

Traveled to Morocco on Aug 3rd, 2005

Got Engaged on Aug 16th, 2005

Left Morocco on Aug 19th, 2005

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/03/06 Turn in Passport at 9am

03/15/06 Visa Issued

03/31/06 Enter USA via JFK

05/15/06 Wedding for Visa

06/10/06 Mailed AOS papers

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/15/06 My offical wedding day....I know .....:-)

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

09/26/06 AOS Interview (Recommend for Approval)

10-05-06 Received Welcome Letter

10-10-06 Green Card Arrived.

We are now one9d63d28.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

SEARCH is your friend...

YES, It will expire after 4 month. BUT the Case Manager can extend it...

HERE - 4 months only

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It is 4 months from the approval date on the NOA2, the consulate can extend the time, I should know, many consulates are so back logged that they extend them automatically.

You may want to send them this letter if they get close to that 4 month time limit: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/extend-approval.doc From the example forms.

Also see the replies in your duplicate post: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37960

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

:yes: The important point as just mentioned above is 4 months from approval!!! This is your NOA2 date. I copied this quote from the USCIS website:

Extending the Petition

The I-129F petition is valid for four months from the date of approval from USCIS. Consular officers can extend the validity of the petition (revalidate the petition) if it expires before the processing of the visa application is completed.

Good Luck to you!!!

6/14/06 - I-129f packet ready to send

6/15/06 - Decided to delay sending and use new form when available

6/28/06 - Finally mailed to Nebraska Service Center

7/20/06 - NOA1

9/20/06 - Touched for the very first time

9/21/06 - Email NOA2 wooohhooo faster than we had hoped for

9/25/06 - Snail Mail NOA2

9/25/06 - Received at NVC, verified with phone call

9/27/06 - Sent to embassy in Bangkok! Hoping my love will be here for the holidays!!!

9/30/06 - Arrived at embassy and waiting for packet 3

10/24/06 - Finally recieved packet 3

11/22/06 - Packet 3 sent to BKK embassy

11/24/06 - Embassy received packet 3

01/08/07 - Received packet 4 from BKK embassy

01/29/07 - Embassy Interview

01/30/07 - VISA in hand!!

02/05/07 - Returning to states with POE @ SFO

04/05/07 - Filed AOS

04/13/07 - NOA for I-485

06/15/07 - Biometrics

03/25/08 - Interview Date

04/04/08 - GC Received

I am a bit nervous, as I spoke with our case manager at the Johannesburg Embassy in South Africa and he said that the I-129F petition is only good for four months!!! Is this possible? He said we may have to refile. We have done nothing wrong, all forms were returned one day after we received them. He said he would need to look further into our case, but went ahead and scheduled our interview date for Nov. 7th. This man was our first case manager, then we were sent to 3 other managers, and turns out all along the first manager was our case manager, unbelievable. Our NOA1 is April 4th, four months after that is Aug. 4th, we didn't even get our NOA2 until Aug. 14th. I think our case manager is loopy. Should I ask to speak to a supervisor?

The approval is valid for 4 mths. Your interview is Nov 7th. You should worry about the interview.

Your worried about no real reason

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The approval is valid for 4 mths. Your interview is Nov 7th. You should worry about the interview.

Your worried about no real reason

You are correct, in reality she is worried for no reason other than the alarming fact that the consulate feeding her bad info.

YMMV

It should be kept in mind that whilst a petition can be extended and usually is, it is not a foregone conclusion as it is totally up to the consulate as to whether they grant the extension. To avoid any possible problems at POE the extension date should also appear on the paperwork as there has been those in the past that have had issues due to the petition being expired when the visa was granted and the date not being recorded to reflect the extension. Not trying to scare anyone, just trying to say that an extension should not just be accepted as automatic. That can be dangerous.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Aussiewench is absolutely correct. Extensions are not automatic. I am filing a second K-1 petition because the CO decided not to extend our petition. I would request an extension in writing. I did and I am including it in my second K-1 to show that I was on top of things and earnest about getting my fiance here.

Aussiewench is absolutely correct. Extensions are not automatic. I am filing a second K-1 petition because the CO decided not to extend our petition. I would request an extension in writing. I did and I am including it in my second K-1 to show that I was on top of things and earnest about getting my fiance here.

:thumbs: All the best this time around.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Other Timeline

Cute, country is Tibet? Tibet is a province of China.

I wonder if you consider Texas a seperate country.

While Aussiewench is quite an authority on almost all things K1/K3/CR1 visa petitions, I think it's assumed--and rightly so--that 99.9% of the time petition validity extentions are granted automatically. A VO/CO can deny your visa too. They have final authority of course but it would be rare for them to deny an automatic extension, especially due to no fault of your own. They probably wanted to deny your visa but used the validity period instead. I'm really curious to see if you get approved this second time around.

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

My fiance is not Chinese. He is a refugee who carries citizenship papers from the Tibetan governtment in exile. He lives in India in one of the two areas Nehru gave to the Tibetans in 1959 when the Dalai Lama fled Tibet. And, incidentally, the USCIS and the Embassy both accepted "Tibet" as his country on all forms.

But I appreciate your two cents and your concern for my visa process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
My fiance is not Chinese. He is a refugee who carries citizenship papers from the Tibetan governtment in exile. He lives in India in one of the two areas Nehru gave to the Tibetans in 1959 when the Dalai Lama fled Tibet. And, incidentally, the USCIS and the Embassy both accepted "Tibet" as his country on all forms.

Thank you for educating me personally! This is very interesting piece of history which not a lot of folks know... :thumbs:

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: Other Timeline

That is quite interesting. I stand corrected. So what US Consulate/Embassy do you go to? The one in India?

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.