alcearosa

Calgary Medical

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So... I went to Calgary for my medical.. it was creepy to begin with because it's a cosmetic surgery clinic. First they weighed and measured me, then an eye exam. The receptionist who weighed me took me into a room and asked me a bunch of questions about my medical history. Then said the doctor would be right in. The doctor came in introduced himself, asked me a few more medical questions, then told me to completely strip down and put a gown on. He left the room came back... and didn't proceed to tell me anything he was doing... just grabbed my arm for a blood pressure test. Asked me to breath in while he listened to my lungs. Then said lay down.. did the most thorough breast exam in my life said ... you can tell you're pregnant. Then said knees together... knees apart... (i'm looking at him without gloves on) and he said I just have to make sure you're a girl and you don't have warts. Yey! he just looked. After that he was a bit more friendly but not much... definatelly made me feel like a piece of meat!

Then off to get blood work done (thankfully I don't have to have the chest x-ray since i'm pregnant or I would have had to go to 3 different places that day.) Asked the receptionist to courier my results because my interview was a week away. She said not a problem but because you don't live in a major city please call me and make sure it's mailed right away. So I call tuesday, the lab messed up my bloodwork!!!!! They forgot to do the HIV test!!! Never informed the clinic!!!! So here I am in Golden.. without my medical having to leave on thursday to make my appointment in Vancouver!!!!

Anyways... after a very long stressful day the wonderful receptionist got them to test the blood they currently had and I should (knock on wood) have my medical today!!!!!! *Sigh* I hope everyone elses goes much more smoothly!

Some consulates will allow visa interview WITHOUT medical report; on successful interview, the result will be "decision to issue visa after submission and examination of medical report".

This was the case with Chennai (for Pras' interview)--of course, she was staying in Chennai (where the medical was anyway) so she could physically take the envelope to the consulate. If you're able to do interview WITHOUT report, you may have to recourier the report afterwards to the Vancouver consulate (the Vancouver-Golden distance looked to be about 750 km, a full-day's drive).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just curious to know the name of this doc? Was he the only option for doctors in Calgary? I live in Calgary and eventually will be getting my medical done..just wanted to know if there was more than one or do I have to see this guy? Thanks and good luck in your interview!

K1-Journey

[*]March 9,2006 finally sent K1 Package to Nebraska

[*]March 24-NOA1

[*]July 17/06 -IMBRA RFE

September 13/06- 3 Emails stating we got NOA2, APPROVED!!! Dated September 8,2006.

[*]October 20th/06-Received Packet 3

[*]October 31/06-Medical Exam

December 6,2006-Interview in Vancouver APPROVED!

Arrived in US- December 14, 2006

January 3,2007- Applied for SSN got within 7 days in the mail.

February 17,2007- MARRIED!

AOS-EAD-AP Journey:

March 2, 2007-Started AOS paperwork

March 12,2007- Filed AOS, EAD, AP Docs.

March 22, 2007-NOA1 for AOS,EAD, AP

March 23, 2007-Receive "Biometrics Appointment"Letter

April 4, 2007- Biometrics Appointment...done..

April 19,2007-Notice in Mail saying transfered to CSC..not sure what is up with that...

May 21, 2007- Touched and email saying case pending at CSC.

May 23,2007-AOS Touched!

May 25, 2007-AOS Touched-Again

May 29, 2007-Email AP APPROVED.

May 29, 2007-EAD touched

May 30,2007-AP and EAD Touched

May 31, 2007-Email stating I-485 Card Production Ordered!!! WOOHOO!

June 1,2007-Email EAD Approved

June 2, 2007- AP Received.

June 4, 2007 -Welcome New Permanent Resident letter received.

June 7, 2007-EAD Card Received..no GC yet..

June 9, 2007-GREEN CARD IN HAND!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.