mRx

Military expedite for K1 visa

11 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone has tried to do the military expedite for the K1 visa.... i checked processing times for CSC, and they are definetely the slowest. And of course with my luck thats where our i-129f went... Anyways i did the math and i will definetely be deployed to the sandbox by the time that all the interviews and procedures are done. I have a reciept with a date of august 05 2006, and thats all i have, no NOAs.... I called the USCIS customer service and the woman said that a request for expedite can only be sent by fax with a copy of the i 129f ,a letter stating i will be deployed signed by someone high ranking, and a cover letter. After that they will respond to the request if its approved, and if i dont get a fax back, then it was denied... I was just wondering if anyone had ever tryed this?

This is a great website with lots of great people.... kudos to all.

thanks for anyone with any info....

Matt

21FUNNY.gif

Filed: Country: Solomon Islands
Timeline

Hey what's up MATT. Is this your first deployment? What branch? I'm with the ANG. I spent a year in Iraq. It sucked. Came back alive and with all my limbs, so I'm thankful. Our unit is looking at doing another tour. Hope not, but likely, the way things are over there. New myself, so can't really answer your question. Just wanted to say " stay safe". Kino

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

HI Matt,

I have heard that military deployment is one of the very few reasons that USCIS will grant expedition. I'm not sure where exactly I read this - search USCIS.gov and this website for more information.

Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Try the threads linked to this post for further info: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=420594

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Matt, I would start by contacting your senator for help - go to their website, download and fill out the privacy form and fax with your request. Then call to follow up and get the name of person assigned to your case.

Here is the info from CSC's website:

General Expedite Procedures:

A detailed explanation of the situation should be provided in a one-page support letter prepared and signed by the petitioner or the applicant. An expedite request can be submitted by mail or fax. When mailing, mark the envelope with a red dot and send the request via bonded courier or other overnight delivery service to:

USCIS

California Service Center

24000 Avila Road, 2nd Floor, Room 2312

Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Cases will not be expedited if they are not clearly approvable. Requests to expedite petitions or applications that are incomplete will not be granted. All supporting documents not in English must include a certified translation

USCIS Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Service Center Director. The criteria are as follows:

Severe financial loss to company or individual.

Extreme emergent situation.

Humanitarian situation.

Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States.

Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government.)

USCIS error.

Compelling interest of USCIS.

If a response to the expedite request is not received within 72 hours, the request is denied. The application or petition will then undergo normal processing.

Good luck!!!

Matt, I would start by contacting your senator for help - go to their website, download and fill out the privacy form and fax with your request. Then call to follow up and get the name of person assigned to your case.

Here is the info from CSC's website:

General Expedite Procedures:

A detailed explanation of the situation should be provided in a one-page support letter prepared and signed by the petitioner or the applicant. An expedite request can be submitted by mail or fax. When mailing, mark the envelope with a red dot and send the request via bonded courier or other overnight delivery service to:

USCIS

California Service Center

24000 Avila Road, 2nd Floor, Room 2312

Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Cases will not be expedited if they are not clearly approvable. Requests to expedite petitions or applications that are incomplete will not be granted. All supporting documents not in English must include a certified translation

USCIS Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Service Center Director. The criteria are as follows:

Severe financial loss to company or individual.

Extreme emergent situation.

Humanitarian situation.

Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States.

Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government.)

USCIS error.

Compelling interest of USCIS.

If a response to the expedite request is not received within 72 hours, the request is denied. The application or petition will then undergo normal processing.

Good luck!!!

Thank you very much for the advice, I will speak to my 1st Sergeant tomorrow. He is a direct liason between me and my Commander. I will try to have my Commander sign a letter for me. And if I send that and it gets denied, then i will have the wild card! Good ole Oregon Senator Ron Wyden! haha Hope is not all lost... Thank you so much for the advice... I will keep posting on the developements

Cheers

Matt

21FUNNY.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Thank you very much for the advice, I will speak to my 1st Sergeant tomorrow. He is a direct liason between me and my Commander. I will try to have my Commander sign a letter for me. And if I send that and it gets denied, then i will have the wild card! Good ole Oregon Senator Ron Wyden! haha Hope is not all lost... Thank you so much for the advice... I will keep posting on the developements

Cheers

Matt

Good luck! :star:

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Cheers

Matt

hey neighbor, you must've been a transfer case?

You might find that you have better luck with your Congressperson than Mr Wyden... the reps will often do better than the senators. BUT, Wyden is a soft touch for a good story and is pro-soldier, so check him out. You might make a couple of phone calls before you decide, because it's better to have just ONE inquiry line going out on your case. It's not the Actual Man that will do the work for you, each of those offices has an immigration liason---see how interested they are on the phone before commiting who you'll work with and/or ask other Oregonians. Blumenauer's office did a good job for me with other stuff so I can't comment on anyone's immigration work.

I also recommend that your request be very well organized--use the info you get here to show-n-tell when you expect each step to happen and what the consequences will be for your new bride etc. Hint: they can and will waive your required presence at her AOS interview if you are overseas. The office here in Portland is fantastic.

Thanks for your work, Matt. Best luck with this!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

I don't think you'll need to contact a congressman. You have a receipt notice ... that's your NOA1. Submit the expedite request with the letter from your commander concerning the deployment. It will be approved.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Thank you for your service, Matt. Stay safe.... you have someone special waiting to spend the rest of their life with you...

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.