DeathKnell

Is it possible to get approved in one week?

203 posts in this topic

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Is it possible that my fiancee can have her visa by the end of next month?

In theory it is possible but in reality extremely unlikely.

When and where did you file the I-129F or are you already at the interview stage? (Please post your timeline as it helps people to answer your questions).

If you have just filed the I-129F, consider that there are many many many March applicants still waiting for approval due to the IMBRA fiasco. You would be better off counting on a six month process in the US and if you have just filed the petition, do not make any plans based on approximate processing of the petition or visa - it's just impossible to know what will happen with processing times, security checks, delays and interview dates.

Good luck

Uh, no. Not even close. Sorry.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Timeline

I filed with Texas service center.Mailed original I-129F this week. I will update my timeline soon. We have scheduled a wedding October 7th.

When and where did you file the I-129F or are you already at the interview stage? (Please post your timeline as it helps people to answer your questions).

If you have just filed the I-129F, consider that there are many many many March applicants still waiting for approval due to the IMBRA fiasco. You would be better off counting on a six month process in the US and if you have just filed the petition, do not make any plans based on approximate processing of the petition or visa - it's just impossible to know what will happen with processing times, security checks, delays and interview dates.

Good luck

Edited by DeathKnell

Timeline
I filed with Texas service center.Mailed original I-129F this week. I will update my timeline soon.

These days, to be safe, best to plan on nine months for the whole thing. Again, depending on delays, security checks, interview date delays in her country, could be more, could be less. Do not do not do not plan a wedding date, quit a job, sell a house, break a lease, buy a plane ticket, etc until the visa is in hand. This will avoid a lot of heartache and additional problems.

edit: for an example, from a post just made: "Well, after one year and a month that I stared this process my fiance is finally arriving"

Edited by kitkat1

I filed with Texas service center.Mailed original I-129F this week. I will update my timeline soon. We have scheduled a wedding October 7th.

Good luck

I think you are being a bit optimistic with that date. I think the chances of your fiance having her visa in hand and ready for your wedding (you filed this week) is about 1 in 1 million. This is also taking into consideration that your file will be transferred to the CSC.

Be prepared to change your wedding date. I had hopes for an Octboer wedding and I filed in April...

Jen

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Yes, it's also possible for me to win the Powerball Lottery.

:lol: I had several thoughts along those lines..."Yes, and it will be personally delivered by Santa Claus"

Good Luck DeathKnell...it will come, eventually

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Are you kidding me? From April? You must have a criminal record? I have read that that holds up stuff?

Be prepared to change your wedding date. I had hopes for an Octboer wedding and I filed in April...

Jen

Oh, very nice.

Is your head still spinning from the divorce?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...25783&st=15

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Timeline

Jen

Oh I missed that part. To the OP - change the wedding date now. Put it on hold. There is a zero % change you will have an October wedding. Sorry - this process is not that fast and these days, it's taking about 3 times longer than "normal" just on the processing of the petition in the US. Then there are potential delays at the national visa center, getting the fiance packet from the embassy to your fiance, as well as delays in getting her interview date. And nothing is a slam dunk - depending on where she lives, there could be problems or delays at the interview. Sorry.

Read up on IMBRA - that will help you understand more about the current delays and why there are still hundreds of people who filed in MARCH who do not have approvals yet. (The reason for the delays is US government error - not criminal record)

Edited by kitkat1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Are you kidding me? From April? You must have a criminal record on the IMBRA questions? I have read that that holds up stuff?

Jen

DeathKnell, that was a rather insulting thing to say to Jen, IF you get Visa "in hand" in 6 months you can consider yourself EXTREMELY lucky...

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Are you kidding me? From April? You must have a criminal record on the IMBRA questions? I have read that that holds up stuff?

Jen

From what I hear, you should expect to wait at least 6 months before your fiance arrives. And that's if you did everything right and don't get a RFE. (5 months if you're lucky or the country's embassy is quicker than others) I'm hoping for a february/march wedding, and I sent everything july 28. don't be too optimistic- otherwise you'll set yourself up for heartache.

timeline doesn't matter.

Jen

DeathKnell, that was a rather insulting thing to say to Jen, IF you get Visa "in hand" in 6 months you can consider yourself EXTREMELY lucky...

Thank you. He clearly has not taken the time to look at other people's timelines around here.

Jen

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.