Pucca23

documents to bring for the interview?

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

good news! I got the letter with the date of the interview today!!! :-) I am so happy!!!

The only thing is they ask for the original and one copy of documents I gave them in the second step (DS230 and I-864), like marriage certificate, birth certificate, affidavit of support...

I do not have them anymore

I believed they would give me back my originals at least at the interview.

What does it mean?

What could I do? they have all my originals already and a copy of them.

thank you a lot

P:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello everyone,

good news! I got the letter with the date of the interview today!!! :-) I am so happy!!!

The only thing is they ask for the original and one copy of documents I gave them in the second step (DS230 and I-864), like marriage certificate, birth certificate, affidavit of support...

I do not have them anymore

I believed they would give me back my originals at least at the interview.

What does it mean?

What could I do? they have all my originals already and a copy of them.

thank you a lot

P:

You did DCF, but you don't have your original documents (birth, marriage)? They should only ever need to look at them when you take them in - once for fliling I-130 and once for your interview. The checklist indicates the documents you have ready to bring to the interview.

You might want to double check with Mtl to see if they have your docs and if they will be returned to you.

Edited by birdnerd

I know for my interview in Australia, they have all of my documents and only expect my passport and a photo to come with me on interview day. You should contact them if they have your originals as it would be impossible to take them with you!

02/11/10 - Hubby (USC) has I-130 interview at Sydney Embassy

02/11/10 - Hubby and I have CRBA interview at Sydney Embassy

02/17/10 - Medical results received

02/22/10 - Police check received

02/22/10 - NOA2/Packet 3 received

02/23/10 - DS230 mailed off to Embassy

02/23/10 - CRBA received with US Passport for daughter

02/26/10 - DS2001 and supporting documents mailed to Sydney Embassy

03/02/10 - Packet 4 received. Application is complete!

03/09/10 - Visa interview scheduled at Sydney Embassy

03/09/10 - Visa approved

03/11/10 - Visa received

03/19/10 - POE Los Angeles

03/31/10 - Greencard received

04/20/10 - SSN received

I know for my interview in Australia, they have all of my documents and only expect my passport and a photo to come with me on interview day. You should contact them if they have your originals as it would be impossible to take them with you!

thank you for your answer.

did they tell you by mail or email thy only expect your passport and a photo to come with you on interview day?

because they did not tell me anything, its was written in the interview letter I would need to bring originals.

I do not understand if I sent them the originals, they should have with them at the consulate and keep them.

they do not send the orginals to the US somewhere?

they keep with them at the consulate (DCF)?

I emailed them yesterday, and I am waiting.

did they tell you by mail or email thy only expect your passport and a photo to come with you on interview day?

because they did not tell me anything, its was written in the interview letter I would need to bring originals.

I do not understand if I sent them the originals, they should have with them at the consulate and keep them.

Yes they did tell me in a checklist that I received that I had to bring certain things to the interview with me - the originals of my documents was not on there as they already had those.

They do keep your originals at the Embassy - they don't send them to the US. Hopefully they will reply to your email soon. Don't worry; if they have your originals, then there is no need to 'bring' them with you to the interview as that's impossible.

02/11/10 - Hubby (USC) has I-130 interview at Sydney Embassy

02/11/10 - Hubby and I have CRBA interview at Sydney Embassy

02/17/10 - Medical results received

02/22/10 - Police check received

02/22/10 - NOA2/Packet 3 received

02/23/10 - DS230 mailed off to Embassy

02/23/10 - CRBA received with US Passport for daughter

02/26/10 - DS2001 and supporting documents mailed to Sydney Embassy

03/02/10 - Packet 4 received. Application is complete!

03/09/10 - Visa interview scheduled at Sydney Embassy

03/09/10 - Visa approved

03/11/10 - Visa received

03/19/10 - POE Los Angeles

03/31/10 - Greencard received

04/20/10 - SSN received

Hi Pocca23,

Just touching base to see if you rec.'d a response.

Since we are filing from within Canada, also; I was just wondering what we should expect by learning from you, on sending the originals as requested with the 2nd step, then not having originals requested in hand for time of interview; since they were already submitted.

I appreciate your knowledge.

CONGRTAS on your Interview!!!!

Lily

Amos 9:11

http://live.lifechurch.tv/

DCF USC married to Canadian

March 18, 2010 I-130 Submitted Ottawa (in person)

April 26, 2010 Packet 3 Request Arrives Canada Post, MTL # assigned

April 26, 2010 Overnighted Packet 3 Checklist and DS-230

April 28, 2010 Montreal Recieves Packet 3

July 21, 2010 left DH in Canada to prove domicile in USA :(

July 26, 2010 DOS contacted, Logged & Accepted, interview not yet scheduled

Interview------God Speed please!!! I miss my husband

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.