And_Sam

Our Interview Monday 2/22

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello all!

Finally I got time on the computer to update about our interview!!

Ok, to start out!!!

We got to the embassy about 7:45 this morning and stood outside with all the people for the interviews.

Once we went through the metal detector and out the door, people were all ready sitting outside waiting for their number to be called. We went inside and got our number in line, then back outside again to wait.

We only waited for about 15 minutes before they called us in to one of the windows inside. There an Arabic woman had all of our papers that had been sent in, Thank God all of the paperwork and documents made it there. I was worried that our packet hadn't made it there in time from the NVC.

Right from the beginning, the woman asked me was I married before, I told her yes. She asked for the Original divorce document from my first marriage. (I am so glad I read on VJ about them wanting it because NO WHERE did the NVC request this form!!) The woman took the document and looked through it all. She handed me back the extra photocopies that I sent in to the NVC and kept the original documents together. I told her that I had finished my taxes for 2009 and she took them and put them with the rest of the forms.

We were told to go back outside and wait. (The waiting area inside was full.) So back out again. This time we waited for about 30 mins then called again to another window where they took my husbands fingerprints and told to go the DHL counter and pay for the return envelope needed.

Then we were told to sit inside. We stayed sitting inside probably the longest time of actual waiting. They kept announcing over the loud speaker that all the people who needed a visitor visa or student visa to come to the window because they were stopping accepting applications for the day.

Finallly we got called back to the original window where we were speaking to an Arabic woman and there was an older Arabic man there with our application.

The questions started, AND he was basically interviewing me!!!

Where was I from?

How did we meet?

What website did we meet on?

How long ago?

When did I get divorced?

Did I give them my original divorce papers?

When did we get married?

How many time have I came to Egypt?

When was the first time I came to Egypt?

Where did I work?

Where will we live when he comes to the USA?

While he was asking these questions he was going through all of our paperwork. Not saying a word to my SO. :innocent:

Once he got to my letter of employment, he was looking at it, almost checking off all the things listed on there, like how long I have worked there, my salary, how was my standing with my employers.

The CO then held up my husband's IV application and asked me if I helped him fill this out. I told him of course and smiled.

He then told me that he was going to talk to my husband and for me not to talk. I told him OK.

He then asked my husband if he understood what the IV application said and my husband pointed at me and said, she did it!!! ( Got to love him! :star: )

The CO then asked him in Arabic if he understood what the application said and my husband couldn't understand him!!! ( I think he was so nervous!)

On the third time he asked my husband laughed and said yes he understood. The CO then handed him the IV form and told him to sign the last page. Quietly I told him in English and my husband laughed and said "I know".

While he was signing his name (it takes him awhile still :innocent:) the CO gave back his original birth certificate, military certificate, marriage contract, my divorce papers

and any original papers I had sent to them.

When my husband gave back his IV application, the CO said to us "Mabrooks! Congratulations and Welcome to the USA! You will get your visa in a couple of weeks!

I said What? Really? The CO said all the papers were in order and all was good. You were prepared. I asked the CO, What you didn't want to see any photos? The CO laughed and said No, because I know you brought all of them with you. Yes, I brought 2 photo albums :whistle:

We were out of the embassy by 11:45 so it really wasn't that long!!!

I told my husband that this is good because they kept his passport and insha'allah he will get the visa in a couple of weeks, BUT I read that this is common for them to tell people and not be surprised if it does take long than a "couple" of weeks.

SO give me your views and comments!!!

All in all it was a good interview!!!!!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sounds really good, Andrea!! :dance: :dance:

I hope it he has his visa in hand very soon! :star:

How much longer are you staying in Cairo?

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that he will get his visa soon .

Good luck and my best wishes for you .

Edited by Hot Guy

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello all!

Ok, to start out!!!

We got to the embassy about 7:45 this morning and stood outside with all the people for the interviews.

Once we went through the metal detector and out the door, people were all ready sitting outside waiting for their number to be called. We went inside and got our number in line, then back outside again to wait.

We only waited for about 15 minutes before they called us in to one of the windows inside. There an Arabic woman had all of our papers that had been sent in, Thank God all of the paperwork and documents made it there. I was worried that our packet hadn't made it there in time from the NVC.

Right from the beginning, the woman asked me was I married before, I told her yes. She asked for the Original divorce document from my first marriage. (I am so glad I read on VJ about them wanting it because NO WHERE did the NVC request this form!!) The woman took the document and looked through it all. She handed me back the extra photocopies that I sent in to the NVC and kept the original documents together. I told her that I had finished my taxes for 2009 and she took them and put them with the rest of the forms.

We were told to go back outside and wait. (The waiting area inside was full.) So back out again. This time we waited for about 30 mins then called again to another window where they took my husbands fingerprints and told to go the DHL counter and pay for the return envelope needed.

Then we were told to sit inside. We stayed sitting inside probably the longest time of actual waiting. They kept announcing over the loud speaker that all the people who needed a visitor visa or student visa to come to the window because they were stopping accepting applications for the day.

Finallly we got called back to the original window where we were speaking to an Arabic woman and there was an older Arabic man there with our application.

Where was I from?

How did we meet?

How long ago?

When did I get divorced?

When did we get married?

Where did I work?

While he was asking these questions he was going through all of our paperwork. Not saying a word to my SO. :innocent:

Once he got to my letter of employment, he was looking at it, almost checking off all the things listed on there, like how long I have worked there, my salary, how was my standing with my employers.

The CO then held up my husband's IV application and asked me if I helped him fill this out. I told him of course and smiled.

He then told me that he was going to talk to my husband and for me not to talk. I told him OK.

He then asked my husband if he understood what the IV application said and my husband pointed at me and said, she did it!!! ( Got to love him! :star: )

The CO then asked him in Arabic if he understood what the application said and my husband couldn't understand him!!! ( I think he was so nervous!)

On the third time he asked my husband laughed and said yes he understood. The CO then handed him the IV form and told him to sign the last page. Quietly I told him in English and my husband laughed and said "I know".

While he was signing his name (it takes him awhile still :innocent: ) the CO gave back his original birth certificate, military certificate, marriage contract, my divorce papers

When my husband gave back his IV application, the CO said to us "Mabrooks! Congratulations and Welcome to the USA! You will get your visa in a couple of weeks!

I said What? Really? The CO said all the papers were in order and all was good. You were prepared. I asked the CO, What you didn't want to see any photos? The CO laughed and said No, because I know you brought all of them with you. Yes, I brought 2 photo albums :whistle:

I told my husband that this is good because they kept his passport and insha'allah he will get the visa in a couple of weeks, BUT I read that this is common for them to tell people and not be surprised if it does take long than a "couple" of weeks.

CONGRATS THAT SOUNDS GREAT!!! :dance::dance::dance:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Of course you are approved! Don't worry!!!!!!

yaaaaay

CR-1 Journey - California Service Center

I-130 timeline:
I-130 NOA1 - 05th Nov, 2009
I-130 NOA2 - 10th February, 2010 Yay!!!!
"Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date."

NVC Journey:
02-16-2010: NVC Case # Assigned
03-31-2010: Case Complete!!
04-12-2010: Interview date assigned by NVC.
05-11-2010: Medical appointment in Rio

05-13-2010: Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!

06-02-2010: POE in Washington DC - Finally home!

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

03-02-2012: Elegible to lift conditions
06-02-2012: Temporary GC expires

12-20-2012: Permanent GC received

6 MONTHS LATER......

06/03/2013: n400 Filled

10/22/2013: Citizenship test and oath ceremony

i dont think u have to worry and if they dont tell u u r under AP then u r not under AP they r straight forward they wont ignore such a thing

cos they wanna play around so i say chill :) but it might take 2 weeks even less cos they always gonna give u maximum time so u dont keep askin and e mailing etc like for me they said ur visa issuance will be sent within 10 days and i got it after 3 days sooo

thats pretty much it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

Congrats...

GOD is Good,GOD is Great,GOD is Awesome!

*K1*(process time 7months & 13days)*

12.11.2007 -Filed I-129F

07.24.2008 -VISA interview. APPROVED!!!

*AOS*(process time 7months & 5days)*

11.26.2008 -Filed AOS,EAD,AP

02.09.2009- AP Received

03.20.2009-EAD Received

07.09.2009-2Year Green Card Received

*ROC*(process time 3months & 18days)*

04.04.2011-Filed ROC(I-751)

07.28.2011-10 Year GC Received

*NATURALIZATION*(process time 4months & 27days)*

04/02/2014- Filed N-400

07/08/14-Interview (Recommended for Approval)

08/29/2014-Oath Ceremony

as1cCDkFg000010OXNsenwxNjA0emx8V2UgaGF2Z

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

congratulations, andrea!! doing the happy :dance: for you :dance:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congratulations! That's wonderful!! :dance::dance:

6/27/2009 Married

10/20/2009 I-130 sent

10/28/2009 NOA1

2/8/2010 NOA2

2/12/2010 NVC received and case number assigned

2/19/2010 Gave NVC email addresses

2/19/2010 AOS/DS3032 generated (not related to giving the emails)

2/21/2010 Emailed DS3032

2/22/2010 Received DS3032 and AOS bill via email

2/23/2010 Paid AOS bill

2/25/2010 AOS bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

3/2/2010 Received IV bill

4/9/2010 Paid IV bill

4/12/2010 IV bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

4/13/2010 Mailed IV packet

4/15/2010 IV packet received and signed for

4/16/2010 AOS packet mailed

4/19/2010 AOS packet received and signed for

4/20/2010 AVR changed and states biographic documents received on 4/17/2010

4/24/2010 AVR notes AOS entered into system on 4/23/2010

4/28/2010 Sign-in fail and NVC operator confirms case complete

5/01/2010 Interview assigned!

6/16/2010 Medical Exam

6/29/2010 Interview Approved!

7/7/2010 Visa in hand!

7/22/2010 POE

ROC

5/15/2012 Mailed in I-751

5/16/2012 Received

6/5/2012 Check cashed

6/6/2012 NOA1 received

Filed: Timeline
Hello all!

Ok, to start out!!!

Where was I from?

How did we meet?

How long ago?

When did I get divorced?

When did we get married?

Where did I work?

While he was signing his name (it takes him awhile still :innocent:) the CO gave back his original birth certificate, military certificate, marriage contract, my divorce papers

Congrats!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

mabrook! :dance::dance:

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.