mckintosh

Got our 2nd Interview Today

22 posts in this topic

They interview my wife(USC) for an hour while i'm wating outside and they only ask me one question.

But whats worst is that they told my wife that our marriage is fraud because they were able to open facebook,friendster

And it doesnt say on status that married and they didnt see any pictures of us on it.

But ofcourse she said that the marriage is true and the IO told us to wait the decision on mail

Is there any case like these before?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

They opened them on their own, or did you present those pages printed out as evidence?

It makes little to no sense to me that a marriage would be considered fraudulent because of something like Facebook. Anything else that happened that you didn't mention, or even recognize while it was going on?

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Timeline

I'm really sorry, but it sounds like nonsense and there is pretty much no logic to it.

Every couple that does not even own Facebook accounts, what happens to them, then? :rolleyes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
They did it on their own and thats actually how the interview goes they keep on telling that it was fraud because we dont have any pictures together on facebook.

How did they just see your facebook page? Is it open for all to see? Most have privacy settings set up

That doesn't sound right, they can't deny you based on facebook, that's ridiculous

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

I bet it won't be Facebook.

shoot i never even updated my myspace to married and i've been married t almost 4 years now. anyone can start a facebook and myspace or whatever page so they can't base there decision on that, if they do appeal and the judge will c it another way.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's why I got mine on lockdown.....no one allowed I don't know and trust.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

There has to be more to this than just Facebook. Not sure we have all the details here. Not that you're obligated to give them, I just have trouble believing that they would deny someone based solely on their Facebook page. USCIS had to have reason to interview you a second time. Facebook updates are not a reason to deny you, I'm sure there are other reasons for it.

What kind of evidence did you provide?

Your timeline is a little confusing, and incomplete. Says you are CR1-IR1, but in that case it's my understanding you wouldn't have had to apply for AOS?

Edited by trillium13
24q38dy.jpg

I'm really sorry, but it sounds like nonsense and there is pretty much no logic to it.

Every couple that does not even own Facebook accounts, what happens to them, then? :rolleyes:

That's the craziest thing I've ever heard....Facebook.. I've never even been on it ever. You should provide them with printed pics if you still get another interview.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

thats lame, get more info from the interviewing officer and speak to his/her supervisor, facebook is not enough to deny..

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

They interview my wife(USC) for an hour while i'm wating outside and they only ask me one question.

But whats worst is that they told my wife that our marriage is fraud because they were able to open facebook,friendster

And it doesnt say on status that married and they didnt see any pictures of us on it.

But ofcourse she said that the marriage is true and the IO told us to wait the decision on mail

This is astonishing and I had a feeling that something like this could possibly be considered. The reason I felt this way is because on news you hear of people getting fired over their online Facebook or MySpace profiles a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if they are also looking at this site for additional evidence. If your information is visible then there are search engines such as Google or profile builders that will point someone in your direction. If you haven't updated your Facebook profile in a long time and it's used against you, I would consider hiring a lawyer. If the IO officer mentioned anything about potential fraud, be aware that this is a felony and you should consult an attorney as soon as possible.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

The IO is allowed to say anything he or she wants to try to rattle you and try to get you to admit your marriage is a fraud, which of course you did not do. This may have nothing to do with what the officer is actually thinking. They are not required to tell you anything. You may very well be approved. There isn't much you can do until you hear from USCIS.

There has to be more to this than just Facebook. Not sure we have all the details here. Not that you're obligated to give them, I just have trouble believing that they would deny someone based solely on their Facebook page. USCIS had to have reason to interview you a second time. Facebook updates are not a reason to deny you, I'm sure there are other reasons for it.

What kind of evidence did you provide?

Your timeline is a little confusing, and incomplete. Says you are CR1-IR1, but in that case it's my understanding you wouldn't have had to apply for AOS?

Actually that was it they found pictures of my wife with her ex boyfriend on it and none of me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.