jlay2006

I129F extension

7 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

Our approved I-129F is about to expire in a week (07/17). Our case was transferred to the embassy 2 weeks ago and hopefully will get there before the expiration date. Do we still need to get it extended at the embassy? Has anybody done it before? Can it be done via mail or should I appear in person. I have already emailed the embassy, but haven't heard back.

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I-485 AOS Timeline:

September 14, 2006- AOS package filed

September 20, 2006 - NOA1 for both AOS & EAD

September 27, 2006 - Biometrics appt letter recieved

October 5, 2006- Biometrics taken

October 10, 2006 - both I485 & EAD touched

November 1, 2006 - I485 touched

November 21, 2006 - still waiting ......

December 7,8,9 - touched

December 11, 2006- approval notice via email

December 15, 2006 - EAD arrives in mail with the wrong dates (03/21/07-03/20/08)

December 18, 2006 -InfoPass re: wrong dates (fixing the card will take another 90 days...)

January 13, 15, 2007-both I485, EAD touched

February 25, 2007 - Initial interview letter recieved in mail

April 18, 2007-Interview!

May 7, 2007- Approval notice sent

May 11, 2007-Permanent Residency Card arrived in mail

February 2, 2009- I -751 filed

February 6, 2009- NOA received

April 8, 2009- I 751 approved!

June 20, 2009- GC received

ticker.png

Hello everybody,

Our approved I-129F is about to expire in a week (07/17). Our case was transferred to the embassy 2 weeks ago and hopefully will get there before the expiration date. Do we still need to get it extended at the embassy? Has anybody done it before? Can it be done via mail or should I appear in person. I have already emailed the embassy, but haven't heard back.

The consulate will automatically extend it. You don't have to worry about it.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi,

I've been in the same situation, my husband is an USC. He has sent a fax to the Embassy in Romania, the Immigrant Visa Unit , requesting the extension . I think you should call them and ask, just to be sure.

The letter was something like this:

Name and address......

USA

March 1st , 2006

Immigrant Visa Section

U.S. Embassy in Romania

ATTN: Head of Immigrant Visa Section Department

Subject: Extending the validity of the I-129F Petition

Dear Sir,

Undersigned ............... US citizen, I am writing you in connection with the I-129F petition that has been approved on July 21st, 2005 and has been forwarded by NVC to the U.S Embassy in Romania. The beneficiary is my wife,........... Romanian citizen and currently living in Romania. She will apply for a K3 visa in July 2006, after she had completed the two–year foreign residence requirement of the J1 visa.

Given the reason presented above, I respectfully ask you to extend the validity of the I-129F petition until my spouse, ..............., will be allowed to apply for a K3 visa at the US Embassy in Romania.

Sincerely,

I hope this helps. You should call them , just in case you need to fax them a request.

I wish you luck.

Daniela

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello everybody,

The FAM states that as long as the case is being actively processed that the petition expiration date shall be automatically extended. The petitioner does not need to do anything...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Hello everybody,

The FAM states that as long as the case is being actively processed that the petition expiration date shall be automatically extended. The petitioner does not need to do anything...

Thanks everybody for a prompt response. It feels great to have people to turn for advice and actually get a valuable one :thumbs: .

Good luck to everybody in your journey (F) .

I-485 AOS Timeline:

September 14, 2006- AOS package filed

September 20, 2006 - NOA1 for both AOS & EAD

September 27, 2006 - Biometrics appt letter recieved

October 5, 2006- Biometrics taken

October 10, 2006 - both I485 & EAD touched

November 1, 2006 - I485 touched

November 21, 2006 - still waiting ......

December 7,8,9 - touched

December 11, 2006- approval notice via email

December 15, 2006 - EAD arrives in mail with the wrong dates (03/21/07-03/20/08)

December 18, 2006 -InfoPass re: wrong dates (fixing the card will take another 90 days...)

January 13, 15, 2007-both I485, EAD touched

February 25, 2007 - Initial interview letter recieved in mail

April 18, 2007-Interview!

May 7, 2007- Approval notice sent

May 11, 2007-Permanent Residency Card arrived in mail

February 2, 2009- I -751 filed

February 6, 2009- NOA received

April 8, 2009- I 751 approved!

June 20, 2009- GC received

ticker.png

Hello everybody,

Hi zyggy

Whilst I agree that the FAM states such, it appears that some consulates ask for a request to have it extended eg Ukraine. I am curious as to what would happen re these particular consulates if one didnt send a request, would they ignore the FAM??

Q. What is the process for extending a petition beyond the original four-month validity?

A. The process is very simple. A consular officer can revalidate a K visa petition any number of times for additional periods of 4 months provided the officer concludes that the petitioner and beneficiary remain legally free to marry and continue to intend to marry each other within 90 days after the beneficiary’s admission into the United States. To have the petition revalidated send a written request to the Embassy that includes a statement of your intention to go forward with the marriage.

http://kiev.usembassy.gov/visa_K1K2_eng.html#pC

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Timeline

Consider China, where a visa can take 1-2 years to process... you can imagine the need for automatic extensions occurs over and over !

One issue that I will relate: A case was sent back to the US for review for revocation... and while in their hands, they used the "expiration" issue as cause of ending the case.

So, I guess the moral of the story is that as long as it is moving along the visa process, it should occur automatically; if it goes back to the US then I it might not apply

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.