norotonfd

NOA2 Running Out for us old school folks

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

As you all know from my timeline, I fell into the first batch of IMBRA issues. Most of us have our NOA2 dates expiring as Early as August. Has anyone called VSC or any other service center and found out if our dates will be automatically extended? Also our action numbers should remain the same right? Even though we are being completely re-approved am I right to think we are getting new NOA2's with the old numbers on them and longer expiration dates? Anyone in my boat send me a line.

TIM - North Conway, NH

ANA - Chisinau, Moldova

JULY: Met Ana when my Russian tenants had a BBQ at my house

OCTOBER: Ana's visa about to expire time to go home to Moldova

JANUARY 2006: Flew to Moldova to ask her parents permission to marry her

Engaged January 12, 2006

Left Moldova January 28th

MARCH 3: I-129F sent to Vermont Service Center

MARCH 10: NOA1 Received

APRIL 26: NOA 2 Received Approval

APRIL 28: NVC forwarded to Embassy in Romania

MAY 5: Received by US Embassy in Romania

MAY 12: Packet 3 Received

MAY 17: Packet 3 sent to US Embassy in Romania

MAY 17: Fiance notified of impending RFE due to IMBRA LAW

JUNE 30: Case Reopened at VSC

JULY 6: Received IMBRA RFE

JULY 10: Mailed RFE back to VSC

JULY 17: VSC has acknowledged receipt of IMBRA RFE

AUGUST 8: VSC Approval of NOA2!!!!! Great Day

SEPTEMBER 19: Interview in US EMBASSY Bucharest - VISA GRANTED

OCTOBER 16: Fly to Moldova

JANUARY 11: Fly home to America with Ana to get married!

JANUARY 16: Married in North Conway, NH

JANUARY 19: Filed for AOS and EAD

JULY 13: Received Green Card and Employment Authorization Card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm under the impression once your case is approved, you will have a new NOA2 date and a new expiration date. I have no idea what purpose the NOA1 date will have at this point but in your case it is good either way because you have a very early one if it does matter. I asked the USCIS about this a while ago, and they gave me that impression. Just taking a stab at it, I'm not saying this to spread misinformation.

Wow, that's cool that you may get yours reapproved soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think we will get new NOA2 dates and the petition will be valid for another 4 months...

Don´t know about the same or a new case number at NVC...

Just wondering if everything inside the petition will still work for the interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

rlt, I believe the petition will still work with the interview, especially if you had it investigated by your congressperson. The only thing I can think of that can expire before the interview is the medical exam for the beneficiary (valid for 1 year). As for the other docs, they are still part of the original submission that was already approved. My fiancee's adress changed, so I notified the consulate, the USCIS and the NVC about it. For the interview, just make sure you bring more evidence of relationship that you have accumulated during the unexpected recall, it will work to your benefit. I knew July was the month!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just thought I'd make reference to the other thread where it's been discussed: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21444

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.