phopho06

what to do when i get to USA?

73 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello hello!!!! :D

i want to know what i have to do when i get to us coz i dont have any idea about this!!!!i hear about SSN?

but i dont have any idea about it!! and i will be needing lots of help coz i will be going to US by july 14.. and i hope you can give me more information in whats the first thing to do..!!! :help:

:dance: i will be sure happy to know and to receive lots of replies for this!!!! :dance:

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to know what i have to do when i get to us coz i dont have any idea about this!!!!i hear about SSN?

but i dont have any idea about it!! and i will be needing lots of help coz i will be going to US by july 14.. and i hope you can give me more information in whats the first thing to do..!!! :help:

:dance: i will be sure happy to know and to receive lots of replies for this!!!! :dance:

:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

i think the first thing to do is to get married since you're K1 then apply for SSN (social security number) tell your fiance about it then apply for AOS, EAD, AP goodluk and happy trip

Edited by DianneWalgreens

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A new Journey begins once you arrive in the States. Reading the guides on VJ will tell you step by step what you need to do. Good luck. Have a safe trip and welcome to the U.S. Mike

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I applied for SSN before we get married (k1), just wait for a couple of days or a week :star: Goodluck!!!

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with the other member's advice here.

Get married before your I-94 expires. I-94 is stapled in your passport upon arriving at your POE.

Then you may apply for SSN 2 weeks after US arrival or after you get married. I suggest the latter.

Don't worry if your SSN will be on your maiden name since you can change it when you do your AOS and present your GC.

Good luck and happy trip!

SDYlm4.png

-=MY TIMELINE=-

K1 IR-5 (Dad)

01.05.09 - Medical

01.09.09 - Embassy Interview 11.25.13 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

01.17.09 - Visa rec'd 11.26.13 - Packet rec'd

02.03.09 - US Entry (POE: LAX) 11.27.13 - Check cashed

02.18.09 - Wedding 12.01.13 - NOA1 (Transfer to VSC

AOS 01.12.14 - NOA2 (Transfer to NVC)

03.02.09 - Applied for SSN on 2/27;SSN rec'd in mail 02.24.14 - NVC changed # to MNL

03.20.09 - AOS sent to Chicago via USPS 02.27.14 - DS 261 submitted

03.23.09 - AOS Package rec'd @ Chicago 03.04.14 - AOS fee paid; showed paid status on 3/6

07.06.09 - Welcome letter rec'd = FINALLY! 03.10.14 - AOS packet sent

07.09.09 - 10-YR GC rec'd.. odd? 03.12.14 - AOS packet delivered

I-751 03.17.14 - Rec'd IV bill invoice

04.04.11 - Infopass re:10-yr GC 03.18.14 - IV Fee paid; showed paid status on 3/20

04.09.11 - I-751 packet sent to VSC; delivered on 4/11 03.23.14 - DS 260 submitted online

04.22.11 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 4/23 03.28.14 - Rec'd AOS checklist via email

06.27.11 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 07/08 (walk-in) 03.31.14 - Mailed checklist with corections

12.13.11 - I-751 approved 04.01.14 - Mailed civil documents

12.19.11 - 10-yr GC rec'd 04.03.14 - Civil docs delivered

N-400 04.07.14 - Advance Medical--PASSED!Done in 1 day

04.17.12 - N400 packet sent to TX Lockbox: REJECTED 04.18.14 - False IV checklist rec'd

05.17.12 - N400 resent to Lewisville,TX 04.23.14 - IV checklist re:Qatar PCC

05.23.12 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 5/26 05.05.14 - Qatar PCC sent to NVC

06.01.12 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 06/11 instead of 6/21 06.05.14 - Case completed

07.09.12 - Rec'd interview letter for 8/14 @ 2PM 07.16.14 - Interview rescheduled due to Typhoon Glenda

08.14.12 - PASSED Interview; awaiting oath letter 07.31.14 - Interview @ USEM: APPROVED

10.01.12 - Rec'd Oath Letter 08.05.14 - Visa on hand

10.12.12 - Oath ceremony! I'm finally a USC! 08.27.14 - POE: LAX

09.08.14 - SSN in mail

09.15.14 - ELIS status changed to OPTIMIZED

09.22.14 - ELIS status CLOSED

09.26.14 - GC received

Filed: Other Timeline

Don't worry about it. your husband probably know everything on how to work your papers here. you will be super busy on your first month here in US.

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't worry about it. your husband probably know everything on how to work your papers here. you will be super busy on your first month here in US.

Wrong! Not all husband's knows what to do next or what paper works that you're gonna prepare again, one of them was mine, when I told him what I have read here in VJ he ask some more proof of sites or where did the members get the infos so i research more and sent him the USCIS site where it talks about AOS ang stuff like that. \

Enjoy first but don't forget to do what you have to do that won't jeopardize your stay here in the US. HAPPY TRIP!!!!

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

Wrong! Not all husband's knows what to do next or what paper works that you're gonna prepare again, one of them was mine, when I told him what I have read here in VJ he ask some more proof of sites or where did the members get the infos so i research more and sent him the USCIS site where it talks about AOS ang stuff like that. \

Enjoy first but don't forget to do what you have to do that won't jeopardize your stay here in the US. HAPPY TRIP!!!!

It's a good thing the husband knew what he was doing or else, I would have been clueless about what to do after arriving in the US. He was the one who helped me with my AOS paper work. Funny, but we found out about Visa Journey after we got my green card. :star:

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: Timeline

RELAX and Enjoy it for a while..... :thumbs:

and most important catch up for all the time you have been away from each other..... :devil::innocent:

You're wrong... I never said ALL husbands knows about it but they should know what to do about it. :

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have t say.. Go to Disney World first. avoid the monorail..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

She seems more excited to get her SNN than seeing her husband to be. :unsure:

Edited by lotus101

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.