djw54

Things changed after signing the I-751

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

We filed the I-751 and supporting supporting evidence for my wife in February, and her unconditional residency was approved in May. She was not at all excited about it when she received the letter from USCIS. Since her approval her behavior has changed drastically. Intimacy and sex dropped off and recently she said that she is not interested in sex anymore and does not want to have a baby. She said that I could find a "friend" to have sex. No kidding.

The two years that she was a conditional resident were rocky by I tried to make it work, and things seemed to be going better. But there were several red flags. She pressured me soon after her AOS was approved to get plastic surgery on her nose and the next year orthodontia. I lost my job during this time and she still went ahead with the surgery and spent a month back in Brazil with family and friends while I'm looking for work. Just before filing the i-751 she pushed to put one of my cars in her name, her name on utility bills, and to open a joint bank account etc. Until it was time to prep for the i-751 she showed no interest in doing anything jointly.

Needless to say the marriage has pretty much broken down. And I can't imagine that we'll be staying together much longer.

Her online activity shows that she's been looking at apartments, condos and looking at personal ads of women seeking men, and getting estimates on the value of my car. She's also looking at jobs like wearing sexy/fetish outfits and donating her eggs. Sounds bizarre, I know, but all true.

She has been totally self-absorbed during these first couple years and seems that I've been duped, and she married me for the immigration benefit.

I feel that at this point I should write a letter to the USCIS and withdraw my support of the I-751 and explain all of this to them, even though her unconditional green card is in processing - suppose to arrive any day now.

Thoughts??

djb

Hi All,

We filed the I-751 and supporting supporting evidence for my wife in February, and her unconditional residency was approved in May. She was not at all excited about it when she received the letter from USCIS. Since her approval her behavior has changed drastically. Intimacy and sex dropped off and recently she said that she is not interested in sex anymore and does not want to have a baby. She said that I could find a "friend" to have sex. No kidding.

The two years that she was a conditional resident were rocky by I tried to make it work, and things seemed to be going better. But there were several red flags. She pressured me soon after her AOS was approved to get plastic surgery on her nose and the next year orthodontia. I lost my job during this time and she still went ahead with the surgery and spent a month back in Brazil with family and friends while I'm looking for work. Just before filing the i-751 she pushed to put one of my cars in her name, her name on utility bills, and to open a joint bank account etc. Until it was time to prep for the i-751 she showed no interest in doing anything jointly.

Needless to say the marriage has pretty much broken down. And I can't imagine that we'll be staying together much longer.

Her online activity shows that she's been looking at apartments, condos and looking at personal ads of women seeking men, and getting estimates on the value of my car. She's also looking at jobs like wearing sexy/fetish outfits and donating her eggs. Sounds bizarre, I know, but all true.

She has been totally self-absorbed during these first couple years and seems that I've been duped, and she married me for the immigration benefit.

I feel that at this point I should write a letter to the USCIS and withdraw my support of the I-751 and explain all of this to them, even though her unconditional green card is in processing - suppose to arrive any day now.

Thoughts??

djb

What we are interested in knowing about is any warning signs that cropped up maybe this time last year.

How many times did you go see her?

Brazilian women are not know to act this way...Fiercely loyal and devoted to their man. Any signs of substance abuse?

:whistle:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Sorry to hear that. I completely understand your situation because I have some friends with similar problems.

Reading your story is obvious to me that she was holding the marriage (and in first place started any relation with you) just for the green card and the surgery and now the money that she can take from the future divorce... I can't advice anything because just you can make a decision but if I was you I would report her immediately to ICE (Immigration Police) and explain everything, trying to save some evidences to explain that she was not in a bona fide marriage (even try to record some conversations) but again is just my opinion... because will be VERY DIFFICULT at this time to prove now anything to drop her condition in US. But the law is very clear: She IS just a Permanet Resident and her status could be terminated in any time if she did something illegal or not real.

MORE IMPORTANT: I hear some stories like yours where the wife (or husband) but in most stories was wifes, leave the US Citizen without a penny after the divorce, taking all they can in court. So be prepared...!!

Is terrible but I think some people need to learn not to be naive or blind for "love", we need to keep a good part of our brain in any possibility (bad or good) that could happen. A lot of people in countries like mine could show to be the perfect couple just to come to US in a legal way with a US Citizen then hold some years with that marriage and then once everything is done finish that theater of the "perfect couple" and end the movie...

But again in my opinion go NOW to USCIS not only with a letter, report her (with evidence) like the websites, some conversations, try to find more and go ahead with that until the end. If she win at least she will have that report in her record and at least is not going to be an easy way for her.

Good luck and I am sure that from this you will learn a lot for your next relationship that for sure will be much better!

05/25/10 - N-400 package delivered in Phoenix, AZ

06/04/10 - Check cashed

06/10/10 - NOA received

06/16/10 - Case available online

06/17/10 - Case online showing RFE (Biometrics notice) sent on 06/16/10

06/21/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

07/08/10 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/10 - Walk in Biometrics

08/06/10 - Email / Text for for new case status: "Test and Interview"

08/09/10 - Interview Appointment letter received for 09/13/10

09/13/10 - Interview Approved!

09/13/10 - Same Day Ceremony! I am a US Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

By the way... this is the link to contact ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) http://www.ice.gov/about/contact.htm

They have a 1-800 number and maybe they can tell you what to do.

I really wish you good luck with that and BAD LUCK to her!!! He didn't deserve to be in US.

05/25/10 - N-400 package delivered in Phoenix, AZ

06/04/10 - Check cashed

06/10/10 - NOA received

06/16/10 - Case available online

06/17/10 - Case online showing RFE (Biometrics notice) sent on 06/16/10

06/21/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

07/08/10 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/10 - Walk in Biometrics

08/06/10 - Email / Text for for new case status: "Test and Interview"

08/09/10 - Interview Appointment letter received for 09/13/10

09/13/10 - Interview Approved!

09/13/10 - Same Day Ceremony! I am a US Citizen!

Filed: Timeline
Hi All,

Thoughts??

djb

You think she could have held out for another year and got her USC, half of all your stuff, and the freedom to bring her ex in from her home country.

no doubt, brother bill..really stupid play on her part

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:o

K-1 TIMELINE:

05-11-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: called the Military Help Line and requested for expedite

06-04-2009: NOA2

06-14-2009: NVC letter received in the mail

07-02-2009: Packet 4 received

08-27-2009: Interview - Visa approved!

09-03-2009: visa in hands.

09-20-2009: POE - Miami

09-21-2009: we got married!

AOS TIMELINE:

05-12-2010: NOA1

06-08-2010: Case transferred to CSC

06-21-2010: Biometrics

Timeline
Hi All,

Thoughts??

djb

What we are interested in knowing about is any warning signs that cropped up maybe this time last year.

How many times did you go see her?

Brazilian women are not know to act this way...Fiercely loyal and devoted to their man. Any signs of substance abuse?

:whistle:

Nothing that I can recall from one year ago. I visited her five times before she entered the US. Definitely no drug and barely drinks.

:o

Did you have a comment?

I know a guy for $20 bucks and a case of Bud can make your problem.......

Hey if she is duping you, start selling off all your possesions to a family member or friend you trust for say $1 each. When she is out and about, change the locks, put all her stuff on the dor step with a note saying c-ya, wouldn't want to be ya. Have her cell turned off, atm,credit cards cancled...all the good stuff. Good luck to you.

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Get all the evidence you can about her online activity and get to ICE asap! If that application goes through then you are obligated to provide for her even if you are divorced. Don't be played for a fool and it's really bad luck to her if she had this planned all along. All the best.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Start protecting your self now. Hide your money sell things write every thing down report her . Dont let her know any thing what is going on while you are preparing. then give her the boot all at once. Maybe send her home to visit then cancel the return ticket at least she will have to make it back to the states on her own then while she is gone file for divorce and move. She will have nothing to come back to.

Dont make it easy for her. Sound coniving sure but do you think she hasnt been doing a little planning of her own? Cut it off at the pass.

I have been taken for every thing I had its not real fun make sure she has no credit cards in your name or cancel the ones you have. Secretly take her name off of every thing you can

Timeline
Start protecting your self now. Hide your money sell things write every thing down report her . Dont let her know any thing what is going on while you are preparing. then give her the boot all at once. Maybe send her home to visit then cancel the return ticket at least she will have to make it back to the states on her own then while she is gone file for divorce and move. She will have nothing to come back to.

Dont make it easy for her. Sound coniving sure but do you think she hasnt been doing a little planning of her own? Cut it off at the pass.

I have been taken for every thing I had its not real fun make sure she has no credit cards in your name or cancel the ones you have. Secretly take her name off of every thing you can

Fortunately, nothing is in her name, and we don't have any joint checking accounts. The car she drives I purchased before we got married.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.