SAVM

Wow, the Philippines!

336 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I've got to ask, because some one has to do it, why are the Philippines so apparently overrepresented on VJ in terms of K-1 beneficiaries? I understand that the country makes up somewhere around 1.37% of the world population, but my sense is that somewhere around 75% of the k-1 beneficiaries on this site are from the Philippines. What gives?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to ask, because some one has to do it, why are the Philippines so apparently overrepresented on VJ in terms of K-1 beneficiaries? I understand that the country makes up somewhere around 1.37% of the world population, but my sense is that somewhere around 75% of the k-1 beneficiaries on this site are from the Philippines. What gives?

boy am I going to run,what gives?

philipinas give!!!!

movingthread.jpg

Moved from K-1 to Philippines (seems regional).

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

The Embassy in the Philipines (USEM) does more K1 visas than any other US Embassy. The reasons are varied and different for each couple.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Shhhh, itz a well-kept secret: Filipinas make the best wives. They KNOW how to properly care for their man!

alecbaldwin_008.jpg

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Shhhh, itz a well-kept secret: Filipinas make the best wives. They KNOW how to properly care for their man!

:thumbs: I am a lucky man! :dance:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

alecbaldwin_008.jpg

:thumbs: sooooo AGREE!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

alecbaldwin_008.jpg

AMEN!!!

And they are very pretty also!

*mr stockwell*

ea924d6b6b.png

FILING FOR LIFTING OF CONDITION

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Each situation is different, but I think in general filipino women want a husband that treats them with respect and lets be honest offers them a better quality of life. Marrying an American or European man gives them the best chance of achieving these goals. Again every case is different but my filipino wife and I are extremely happy with each other... she is beautiful inside & out!

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

alecbaldwin_008.jpg

Oh yea +1

I remember the first time I went to the PHILS. It was just two weeks after 4 bombs went off in Manila back in 2001 (I think) and my company sent me there to lead a project. My firends and family were against it, I was not happy about it having just come back from another project in Chile. To be brief, I spent about 9 months there (6 weeks in Manila, 9 days at home and then back again - back and forth that way for the 9 months) and it just changed me.

My project team was made up of men (Pinoy) and women (Pinay) and that's how I began to see Filipina's in a differant light because to say they make the best wives is one thing (and true) but they are also very smart, intuitive, loyal and hard working as well, to a fault sometimes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

April 21, 2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Received in Chicago

alecbaldwin_008.jpg

yes.. agree with this...

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

alecbaldwin_008.jpg

:thumbs: I Agree.

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

:thumbs: I am a lucky man! :dance:

My Scotty often says the same. :thumbs:

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

In what other country can a fat ugly old man get a young beautiful wife if you aren't rich!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.