AMHISHABIBATI

sponsorship

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I need to prove 36,912 to sponsor my fiance. I alone do not make this income. I was wanting my mother to sponsor him for the I-134 and then include my income for the I-865. My mother makes 100 percent of the requirement for I-134 but does not make 125% for the I-865.(as of last years wages, she is merely 1500.00 short of that obligation)

I was wondering about if she did not claim any of my kids or if i just allowed her to claim 2 then wouldn't the household size be smaller, and then once he got here, we could add on my income..

(I will add, MY CHILDREN, LIVE WITH ME.) i allowed her to claim them last year because of a car accident and having seizure disorder, i now claim disability. if my mother only claim 2 of my kids, then her household size would be her, my brother, my fiance, and 2 kids.. wouldn't that make her burden to prove, less? household of 5 instead of 6?

then could we later, add on my income with hers to prove the amount necessary for the I-865..(even if it meant moving there with her, temporarily until this is all finished)

i am merely trying to find a solution, the stress, the worry and anxiety is enough, so please, please, no rude replies.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The household size is dependent on who she claimed on her most recent tax return, in this case 2008. So you cannot change the count for the form as she would have to supply the tax return along with her I-134.

Also, check with your consulate regarding the 100%. Many consulates follow the guidelines for the I-864 which is 125%.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

thanks, actually, i was going to tunisia in march, next year, so she has not filed that yet, i was planning to do this when i got back from tunisia. i am just trying to get to a place where i can put the stress behind me for awhile. i don't want to be unprepared at the last minute.

for household size of 6 my worst case guess is she would be about 824 dollars less then the 36,912 needed. If i started a savings account and came up with the remaining 824 would that be acceptable, or would i need to save enough for 3 times the amount of 824?

she has a title on her trailor, valued at 10,000 and it is in her name. and a bigscreen also. if she has the title in her name i am thinking if she wanted to sell the trailor for cash, she could even if her sister took out the loan for it. the loan is in my aunts name and the trailor is in her name...How do you prove, that it can be sold for cash?

if i lessened her household size next year, to 5 the amount provable would be 32000(give or take)something.

on the I-864, does that mean, that i alone have to prove, the full amount for 125% if i don't live with my mom? or can we combine incomes with separate addresses?

oh sorry, the figures i am coming up with is for 125%.. 36912 is 125% for household of 6...her, my brother, my fiance, my 3 kids.

my mom definitely makes 100% i am just thinking ahead, (better prepared, then blindsided)

i came up with the ideal of reducing her household size in an attempt to reduce the amount proved, to 32,000 she definitely has that..(with the premise that i file for immi in 2010 and her taxes for 2009 reflect only 2 of my kids for household size of 5..

is this workable?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Assets are at 3:1 ratio, so the cash would have to be 3X the amount you are covering (need 100, must have 300).

They look at the net value (not the purchase price) of the asset meaning that if the item (house, car, boat, etc) can be sold for 10,000 and there is a 4000 loan that would be paid off that leaves a net value of 6000. Also selling the asset cannot cause "considerable hardship or financial loss to the owner." I'm not sure how they would look at a person's primary dwelling.

The poverty guidelines are reset every year I believe. So we don't know what the 2010 number will be. I'd guess that it would be a bit higher. Also, if you can find another person to sponsor that has a stronger financial situation that would eliminate a lot of the stress. Just getting to the minimum amount is no guarantee of success.

If you haven't already, do some reading in the MENA regional forum to learn from others going through the Tunis embassy.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Assets are at 3:1 ratio, so the cash would have to be 3X the amount you are covering (need 100, must have 300).

They look at the net value (not the purchase price) of the asset meaning that if the item (house, car, boat, etc) can be sold for 10,000 and there is a 4000 loan that would be paid off that leaves a net value of 6000. Also selling the asset cannot cause "considerable hardship or financial loss to the owner." I'm not sure how they would look at a person's primary dwelling.

The poverty guidelines are reset every year I believe. So we don't know what the 2010 number will be. I'd guess that it would be a bit higher. Also, if you can find another person to sponsor that has a stronger financial situation that would eliminate a lot of the stress. Just getting to the minimum amount is no guarantee of success.

If you haven't already, do some reading in the MENA regional forum to learn from others going through the Tunis embassy.

Thanks so very much for your advice. it helps alot ..

Your fuzzy household size math and dependents worries me. Are you sure that's legal? I mean, obviously you can do it, but that doesn't mean it's OK. Please be cautious about this sort of thing, because when you apply for immigration benefits, like adjustment of status, you open yourself up to a lot more scrutiny. Be sure that all your ducks are in a row.

Also, I think on one of your other (nearly identical!) threads, it was suggested that you try to supplement your income. Especially with all the time you have, perhaps you can comfortably come up with the right number without magic dependent math. Cosponsorship for the K1 is highly consulate specific. Read the embassy reviews and check your regional forum for what your embassy has accepted in the past. Some will let any US citizen cosponsor, maybe you don't need a family member.

Also, I don't understand why you keep mentioning your mother's income only. I thought that income between you and your cosponsor was a bit additive...again, check your embassy reviews and regional forum.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Your fuzzy household size math and dependents worries me. Are you sure that's legal? I mean, obviously you can do it, but that doesn't mean it's OK. Please be cautious about this sort of thing, because when you apply for immigration benefits, like adjustment of status, you open yourself up to a lot more scrutiny. Be sure that all your ducks are in a row.

Also, I think on one of your other (nearly identical!) threads, it was suggested that you try to supplement your income. Especially with all the time you have, perhaps you can comfortably come up with the right number without magic dependent math. Cosponsorship for the K1 is highly consulate specific. Read the embassy reviews and check your regional forum for what your embassy has accepted in the past. Some will let any US citizen cosponsor, maybe you don't need a family member.

Also, I don't understand why you keep mentioning your mother's income only. I thought that income between you and your cosponsor was a bit additive...again, check your embassy reviews and regional forum.

im just trying to be with the man i love, so shoot me!! as for it being "additive" only if i lived with her. this 'magic dependent math" you speak of, was the household size given to me by several members on here. i nver said anything about supplementing my income, i make enough to support us, my bills are paid and then some. The point is my doctor does not recommend i go back to work right now..(so next time you become expert on my posts..why don't you get your ducks in a row)

this is a terribly stressful process, where 2 hearts are involved with no guarantee that things will work out in the end(sitting ducks we are) so also it is a long process, with twists and turns, things may change tomorrow, as they have from my original posts..

but for now

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK QUESTIONS WITHOUT GETTING A BUNCH OF LIP FROM RUDE PEOPLE THAT ARE DOING NOTHING TO MAKE THIS A GOOD PLACE FOR INFORMATION..

I AM SIMPLY TRYING TO FIND A WAY, ANYWAY FOR US TO BE TOGETHER..

THAT IS WHAT 2 PEOPLE DO WHEN THEY LOVE EACHOTHER AND ARE DETERMINED TO BE TOGETHER :bonk:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Some will let any US citizen cosponsor, maybe you don't need a family member.

Most consulates that will permit a co-sponsor will allow ANY US citizen or LPR to co-sponsor. Manila is somewhat choosy, and has been reported to reject co-sponsors unless they are family members. Ho Chi Minh doesn't allow them at all. I'm sure there are others that are particular about co-sponsors that I'm not aware of. But I think most will accept anyone who is in the US legally.

Incomes can't be added on the I-134, which is submitted to the consulate. Each co-sponsor must qualify entirely on their own, without considering the income of anyone else. The I-864, which is submitted for AOS, does allow income to be combined providing the income is from another member of the same household.

Edited by JimVaPhuong

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

im just trying to be with the man i love, so shoot me!! as for it being "additive" only if i lived with her. this 'magic dependent math" you speak of, was the household size given to me by several members on here. i nver said anything about supplementing my income, i make enough to support us, my bills are paid and then some. The point is my doctor does not recommend i go back to work right now..(so next time you become expert on my posts..why don't you get your ducks in a row)

this is a terribly stressful process, where 2 hearts are involved with no guarantee that things will work out in the end(sitting ducks we are) so also it is a long process, with twists and turns, things may change tomorrow, as they have from my original posts..

but for now

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK QUESTIONS WITHOUT GETTING A BUNCH OF LIP FROM RUDE PEOPLE THAT ARE DOING NOTHING TO MAKE THIS A GOOD PLACE FOR INFORMATION..

I AM SIMPLY TRYING TO FIND A WAY, ANYWAY FOR US TO BE TOGETHER..

THAT IS WHAT 2 PEOPLE DO WHEN THEY LOVE EACHOTHER AND ARE DETERMINED TO BE TOGETHER :bonk:

You say that your mother claims your children, who do not live with her as her dependents. I just said that you're opening your self up for extra scrutiny that you wouldn't normally see by any regular tax cycle, so just not having been caught before isn't sufficient reason to believe that it's OK to do so. If you feel like moving your kids around to different tax households *but not physical households* is legal (pretty sure it's not, see link below),"little" things like this tend to get blown up when you start the immigration process.

http://taxes.about.com/od/dependents/a/Dependents_2.htm

Regarding a "qualifying child"

Residence — for more than half the year, the person must have the same residence as you do.

But the qualifying child rules always prevail over the qualifying relative rules. So you'll want to make sure the dependent would not qualify as a qualifying child for someone else before claiming a qualifying relative on your tax return.

I understand that you want to be with the person you love, but I think it should be done correctly. You're not likely to have much success with using a main residence as proof of assets - you can't get cash out so easily. Since neither your mother nor you can increase your income and you do not meet the requirements, I don't think it's a workable solution. Investigate the possibility of a less complicated cosponsor to relieve stress.

K-1:

AOS:

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

ROC:

Thanks jim for pointing that last part out to the self appointed genius, my sentiments exactly

Good idea to insult the intelligence of a person who is trying to caution you against potentially fraudulent activity. So glad to know that when I'm trying to help someone and make suggestions to them that my time is appreciated. I've done your research for you now. Let us know how it goes.

K-1:

AOS:

ROC:

sounds like this nOob is scamming ..and some folks here seem to be buying the bullshit..sad,,,

brother nik...good advice

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Thanks jim for pointing that last part out to the self appointed genius, my sentiments exactly

Good idea to insult the intelligence of a person who is trying to caution you against potentially fraudulent activity. So glad to know that when I'm trying to help someone and make suggestions to them that my time is appreciated. I've done your research for you now. Let us know how it goes.

DID I ASK IN MY POST ANYTHING ABOUT TAXES? OK THEN YOU HAVE AVOIDED THE ISSUE ALTOGETHER. AND I READ YOUR ORIGINAL POST, I WAS MOST OFFENDED BY YOUR VAGUE INSINUATION(THAT I HAVE NOTHING TO DO) TYPICAL RESPONSE FROM PEOPLE WHO NEVER HAD SEIZURES AND ASSUME THAT EVERYONE WHO IS ON DISABILITY IS LOOKING FOR A HANDOUT.

FYI, i was told by my doctor that i could go back to work(before my car accident) so i went in enrolled in school, and studied my #### off making perfect grades and being at the top of my class..i have 2 semesters 2 go before graduation before i was struck, receiving head and leg injuries which complicated my already having seizures(which are now worse)...i have to wait, now to finish 2 semesters of college, CAN U EVEN IMAGINE...HOW I MUST BE FEELING?

so now, because of the accident...i should just call this man, and say..oh sorry, it's over between us...i have received a set backNO, ABSOLUTELY NOT...AND I DON'T KNOW ANYONE WHO WAS TRULY IN LOVE WHO WOULD JUST GIVE UP LIKE THAT (i met him when i was in school)

i simply stated the truth, trying to find a way

i surely did not ask to be interrogated..

so if that was your way of 'HELPING" NO THANKS(AND BY THE WAY, ANYONE CAN READ THAT AND SEE HOW RUDE YOU WERE BEING)

sounds like this nOob is scamming ..and some folks here seem to be buying the bullshit..sad,,,

brother nik...good advice

and your a complete idiot

i was merely throwing ideals in the air...trying to find a solution because we need to be together...this online thing is for the damn birds...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.