sarah and hicham

AP- Security checks in Washington

105 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I posted this elsewhere but thought maybe I should post it here too:

After our recent interview we were issued a 221g for security checks in Washington.

I have called DOS 3 times- the first time on Fri they said they are doing security checks. The second time I called today the woman said "the Security check is complete". I asked if the Consulate would be contacting my fiance and she said yes. Being the person that I am, I decided to call back later to see if I would get a consistent response which normally in the past I have not gotten. So I called again and the woman said "It looks like one check has been completed." I asked how many there were left but she said she couldn't see anything on the computer and to call back later so I was like oooook lady thanks.

So for those of you who have been issued the 221g for AP in Washington- do you know exactly how many checks there are? Does the Consulate find out directly after the checks are complete? If you have any insight as to how this process works please let me know! Thanks!

Sarah

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

When I was at the embassy in April (my fiance was being fingerprinted) I caught a glimpse of something in his file which had three things handwritten on a sticky - one I believe was Mantis, so I figured they were three security checks being ordered... and then one of the many times I called, the lady at DOS told me she only showed one security clearance pending... noone has really been able to tell me much more than that... and so I continue to wait :clock: Generally, the number of checks ordered depends on the person's background, travels, the CO handling the file... so many different factors that it's hard to generalize the process... then the clearance is submitted to the embassy... and then Visa... given you are going through Morocco, it doesn't seem like it takes too long after the interview thankfully... good luck.

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Timeline

As far as I know they are checking the foreign fiance/spouse.

I think IMBRA is changing that in terms of doing checks or more checks on the USC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sarah, I am so happy for you both and I know that you will get things cleared...you are one "tough cookie" and your presistence should get you some answers soon...When Jamal was on AP it took them exactly a month to get things cleared...but I hope that it will be much faster...I think that once I got a confirmation that one of the checks was completed it took few more days and we were done...Best of luck....

Dorothy

Edited by ella74ny

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

After our recent interview we were issued a 221g for security checks in Washington.

I have called DOS 3 times- the first time on Fri they said they are doing security checks. The second time I called today the woman said "the Security check is complete". I asked if the Consulate would be contacting my fiance and she said yes. Being the person that I am, I decided to call back later to see if I would get a consistent response which normally in the past I have not gotten. So I called again and the woman said "It looks like one check has been completed." I asked how many there were left but she said she couldn't see anything on the computer and to call back later so I was like oooook lady thanks.

So for those of you who have been issued the 221g for AP in Washington- do you know exactly how many checks there are? Does the Consulate find out directly after the checks are complete? If you have any insight as to how this process works please let me know! Thanks!

Sarah

I have some good news and bad news for you.

The good news is, your background check will be completed with (hopefully) no issues, and the visa will be issued by the embassy.

The bad news is, you will just have to wait patiently (as long it takes). This is a limbo stage in the immigration process, and the most complex of all.

Here is a great topic on VJ on this subject, please read with caution as it contains alot of theories, assumptions, and tons of guessworks (if you look at the big picture, they all make sense). Also you will find some great resources from the State Department, FBI, and other agencies about the background check. Click this link for more: http://www.visajourney.com/forums2/index.php?showtopic=56297

Good luck

- mo

Edited by Mo007

My IR-1 Consular Proccess
11.05.2005: Interview Success at London, England.
03.02.2011: Naturalized Citizen.

Wife IR-1 Petition
09.01.2012: Met wife in Melbourne, Australia.
05.16.2013: Marriage Ceremony.
05.19.2013: I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox.
05.21.2013: I-130 Delivered at Chicago Lockbox. Routed to NBC.
05.24.2013: I-130 Fee Check Cashed.
05.28.2013: Notice of Action (NOA-1).

Adjustment of Status from B2 Vistior Visa

09.06.2013: I-485 sent with copy of I-130 and I-765.

09.07.2013: I-485 packet arrived Chicago Lockbox.

09.09.2013: I-485 packet accepted.

09.10.2013. I-485 and I-765 case numbers assigned, and check cashed.

09.10.2013: Notice of Action (NOA-1) for I-1485 arrived via email.

09.18.2013: Biometrics Fingerprints Appointment.

XX.XX.XXXX: Employment Authorization Card

Timeline

Thank you all so much for the information. You made me feel much better! I can't wait until Wed when I can call DOS again haha. Thank you so much for the help and best wishes. You all are always so helpful.

Sarah

Timeline

I am hoping we don't have too many problems- my fiance's name is Hicham Balamane and he is 20 years old and has never left Morocco or been in the military or anything. Balamane is not such a common name as far as I know I hope I hope I hope.

Filed: Timeline

we have been on AP for

10 months 8 days and counting...

in that time I can tell ya. we both have been interviewd.

the embassy did 2 random field investigations.

my husband never travedl outside of pakistan, never was in the military

and he dont have a technical job.

Edited by shonjaved
shon.gif

Filed: Timeline

Shon, I bleed for you. I know the waiting sucks some and then some MORE. But one thing to keep in mind is Sarah's is a K1 case and your's is K3/CR1. Now whether in actuality this makes a difference remains to be seen as many members can attest. But according to their lovely "guidelines" K1 is supposed to be faster. I won't tell you what I would like to do with those guidelines...............

Just wishing all the best for everyone.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sarah

Sarah...I was trying to get this info last week! No one has been able to tell me anything. I do know there are up to 8 checks that can be done and one of them can take 90 days.

When I call DOS they are very nice. I did as you did and called a few times too to see if the checks were really done. I then asked what were the results. i was toild they don't have that info but that a telegram was sent to the consulate and they would be contacting my husband. is this true the operators really don't know??? Or is this bad news for us???? I wish I knew. My husband has never left Moroco and he has never been involved in anything, but still we seem to not have any luck when it comes tothis consulate.

I also called the consulate but just got the ring around the rosey messages and not able to get a live person on the phone.

I also sent an e mail making an inquiry and I have not heard back as of yet.

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE......

Sarah

Casa usually goes through the AP process pretty fast... I dont know of any cases off the top of my head that lasted more than a month and a half.. Wishing you good luck

2 ND INTERVIEW: MAY 2

CHECK FINISHED: JUNE 29

TOOK 8 WEEKS

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.