23 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
HELLO EVERYBODY, really I do not know from where I start but i will try to explain and i hope that you can guide me and sorry from the beginning for my unperfected English grammar , i am CR1 case waited for 13 month to get my visa and only i dreamed to join with my real love as i thought ( i mean my puertorican wife - she is American citizen - ) and the relation was perfect for 2 years from the day we started the relation , anyway my dream turned into a nightmare in one moment and my wife felt change in her feelings before i receive my visa in a few days , then she start to no answer my calls and i did not understand nothing , so when i received the visa i thought only to go for her and try to fix the relation but i shocked when I went to her after 36 hour trip 18 hour in flight and 18 hours in transit and i went to her home in romantic surprise with roses in my hands and much gifts for her and her 3 lovely kids that i accepted them as a father from the first day , but all my dreams destroyed and she treated me so badly even i did not believe till now she is the same woman i loved and married .... , anyway she asked me to not stay in her home and only i stayed in very bad situation for one week in Puerto Rico tell i tried to make contacts with some people from my country ( EGYPT ) living in USA to help me even they are not a friends but they try to help me as much as they can and all i succeeded to make in the nightmare week spent in Puerto Rico that i got my SSN number (not the card ) which they will send to her address as she is my agent and the final address exists in my package from the embassy !!! , now i am in WASHINGTON DC , and i try to find a job and place to live in , cause i have been hosted at friends home about a week till now ,of course i can not back to my country and tell my family that i lost all , sorry for the long story , but all i need to guide me to understand my new situation and how i can keep living in USA as a legal immigrant after the new circumstance i tried to explain to you , thank you for all the people will try to replay or even pray for me .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

wow one new story of being left or whatever... I m sorry for whatever happened to u.. I don't have any advice for u just wish a good luck..

interview date- 11/06/2009

visa approved! 11/17/2009.. pheww!!

received passport-11/20/2009

entered in US- 12/14/2009

POE- New york

welcome received- 02/01/2010

green card received- 02/08/2010

removal of condition-12/15/2011

ROC package sent to CSC- 09/21/2011

http://craftychefcooking.blogspot.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You might want to go home, if you don't have nobody here to assist you. Whatever decisions you make may the hand of ALLAH guide you and pertect you my Brother.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Try posting this on a mena forum. You might find some one from Egypt that can help. Maybe mods can move it.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hmmm well i think muslimlady is rite.. u might want to go home?? anyways its your choice.. if u still wanna survive there or just wanna go back to ur home. May Allah help u amen.

interview date- 11/06/2009

visa approved! 11/17/2009.. pheww!!

received passport-11/20/2009

entered in US- 12/14/2009

POE- New york

welcome received- 02/01/2010

green card received- 02/08/2010

removal of condition-12/15/2011

ROC package sent to CSC- 09/21/2011

http://craftychefcooking.blogspot.com/

how long have you been married again? if more than two years then u entered with an IR1?

That means you will get a 10 year PR status... no need to lift conditions.

If you entered as a CR1, then you'd have problem when the time comes to lift conditions.

If what you say is true and you love this woman and is not after the visa or staying in US, you may want to take the time to woo her back within the two years that you have to wait to lift conditions... if she really don't love you anymore then it's time to go home and move on.

sorry to hear about your situation... i hope things work out for you. I wouldn't be too quick to advice you to go home, you can look for a job and prove to your wife that you love her truly. Marriage is a lot of hard work... I'm not one to give up easily and say pack things up and move on.

You have time enough to prove your love and your commitment to your wife.

god be with you.

Edited by tngirl21809

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved from CR1 forum as OP may get more useful advice and information in MENA forum.

Moved to the more appropriate 'Effects" forum - with link left in MENA

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Let me get this straight.

You married a Puerto Rican woman who is, evidently, living in Puerto Rico with her three children. At some point recently, she stopped taking your phone calls. Your visa came through, so you went to her home and found you weren't welcome there. You stayed in Puerto Rico for a week and somehow managed your way to Washington, DC. You don't want to go back to Egypt because you would be embarrassed.

Is that right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Salaam ya Nesnas, I am so sorry to hear about your expereince. We are all adults and I just don't understand people who can't communicate like ones. Anyhow, MuslimLady is right...if you don't have people to support you emotionally/mentally/financially you should just go home. If you have the CR1 then you have time to try and figure things out, even with the IR1 you have a little time. Anyhow, inshaAllah things work out for you the way you hope. I will say a du3a for you. Just remember....Allahu Ahlam.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline

If I understand correctly you have given up after one week on your relationship with your wife and travelled all the way from Puerto Rico to Washington DC. Your question to this forum is how you can stay in the US legally because you are embarrased to go back to Egypt.

I wonder why you even travelled to Puerto Rico when your wife had already made it rather clear that the relationship was broken since she wouldn't even talk to you... or take your calls.

Your priority seems to be to move on with your life in the USA. I think you need to consult an attorney and find out what you need to do. Do you plan to divorce your wife? It doesn't seem that you plan to try to save the relationship since you didn't even stay where you could be in contact with her if she changed her mind. I seriously doubt you'll be seeing that SS Card if they mail it to her.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

you know i think if shes going to do this to you then i think maybe its best for you to go back to egypt, you came all the way down here for her and she refuses to even look your way, i think you should be strong for yourself and go back to your family, you can marry a nice egyptian girl who will never stop loving you, and i think itll be very hard to make a life for yourself here. Inshallah everything gets better for you. Just be strong and no one deserves to be treated that way.

Timeline

thank you for all friends tried to help me in advice or praying for GOD and for whose these asking if i still love my wife ? my answer is yes and everyday i try to send here sms that i really miss her and also asking GOD in my prays that she think again to fix the relation and this is the first reason i keep staying in USA , the second reason is that i selld all i have in my country and till now i spent maybe the half amount of the money i had and the third reason that i can not back to my family after 2 weeks and tell them that i wasted 2 years from my life and all the money i had and also lost my wife and till now i call my dad and tell him all is ok and he think i am in puerto rico i can not live with feeling that he worry about me , i hope that i answerd about all what you wonders about for my story that never think that happens for me , and asking you all to keep supporting my with words and prayes

Timeline
Let me get this straight.

You married a Puerto Rican woman who is, evidently, living in Puerto Rico with her three children. At some point recently, she stopped taking your phone calls. Your visa came through, so you went to her home and found you weren't welcome there. You stayed in Puerto Rico for a week and somehow managed your way to Washington, DC. You don't want to go back to Egypt because you would be embarrassed.

Is that right?

yes , this is the breif of my story and i wrote a general answer in replay for other members so i hope anyone can guide me seriously , thank you for interesting and the time you spent to replay for me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well first off I'm sorry to hear your sad story .

I don't like to comment that kinda topics . but anyway that woman does not deserve your love . look at the picture. you sold everything in Egypt to be with her .you crossed the ocean to be with that woman . and you was waiting 2 years for that day to be with her . but she did not appreciate all of that . which mean she does not love you anymore .

and maybe she found someone else .

My thought to you now try to live your life . if you think you can survive in USA OK go on . i understand what you really talking about . its so hard to go back to Egypt now .

If you want to hear my advice from a man to man ( be a man and kick that woman out of your life . she does not deserve your love .)

Good luck and my best wishes for you .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

duplicate posts removed

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.