Mike n Huong

Expedite Request

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just Received a letter in the mail today from DHS and it was thicker than the one I received on Friday, with the notice of action. I was getting so excited as I thought it was finally the RFE. Well when I opened it, it is from Mr. Paul Novak. He states that our recalled petition does NOT meet the criteria for special handling.

THIS IS A DISGRACE TO EVERYONE WHO WAS RECALLED!!!! I have never been so disappointed in my government in my entire life.

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Filed: Timeline

mike,

If your petition had been approved already and had to be recalled (because the VSC got ahead of itself) then you have a Notice Date that puts you at the head of the line.

What's to expedite? Who is there to move you ahead of?

Yodrak

I just Received a letter in the mail today from DHS and it was thicker than the one I received on Friday, with the notice of action. I was getting so excited as I thought it was finally the RFE. Well when I opened it, it is from Mr. Paul Novak. He states that our recalled petition does NOT meet the criteria for special handling.

THIS IS A DISGRACE TO EVERYONE WHO WAS RECALLED!!!! I have never been so disappointed in my government in my entire life.

Sorry Mike BIG BIG HUGS :luv::luv:(L)

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2faws.gif

K-1 Sent to Vermont St Patrick's Day~ May the Luck of the Irish Be With Us Today!! 3/17/06

NOA1 03-25-06

Touch 06-16-06=RFE Email

Touch 06-17-06

RFE Arrived 06-21-06

RFE Sent back to Vermont 06-21-06

RFE Delivered 06/23/06 10:55am

RFE-Touch 06/24/06

Touch 06/27/06

Approved 08/21/06 {157 days)

Touch 08/22/06

NVC Letter 08-25-06 Hard Copy

Left NVC 08-25-06

Arrived at London 09-01-06

Packet 3 Arrived at Steves Door 09-05-06

Packet 3 Sent back to London 09-15-06

London Medical 09-29-06- Completed

Packet 4 11-20-06

Londen Interview 12-08-06 APPROVED

Visa in Hand 12-12-06

Enters the USA 12-13-06

WEDDING DAY 2/18/07 @ 3pm

Timeline
mike,

If your petition had been approved already and had to be recalled (because the VSC got ahead of itself) then you have a Notice Date that puts you at the head of the line.

Yodrak

Yodrak,

I usually enjoy your posts, but I am not sure if you understand how USCIS is handling this at all. Petitions that were never approved with a much later date are already getting their RFE's before any of us with a previous approval. Those that have received the RFE have already sent it back in and all of us that has already been approved but recalled, have not even received the RFE. I am not even sure they know how they will handle the order. ALl of the new petitions that are being filed now are using the new form and won't receive the RFE. SO where does it leave us recalled petitions????

I-129F Timeline:

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

04-08-09 - Biometrics

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

mike,

Agreed. The USCIS is in a bit of chaos with regard to IMBRA, another example can be seen here:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.visa.us...13e52ca77f192ab

If you don't participate in the Usenet newsgroup alt.visa.us.marriage-based you might want to at least keep an eye on it. You'll find worthwhile information coming from the AILA, which has contacts with the USCIS, via folinskyinla, that you won't find here.

The USCIS has announced that it is sending out the IMBRA RFEs in batches, to get that part of the job done as quickly as possible. Still nothing that I've seen to indicate that they won't be following the standart FIFO approach to processing when the responses come back.

Your case is fully processed except for the IMBRA questions, there should be little to do to reaffirm your approval once you provide them with the information they need to do so.

Yodrak

mike,

Yodrak

Yodrak,

.... I am not even sure they know how they will handle the order. ALl of the new petitions that are being filed now are using the new form and won't receive the RFE. SO where does it leave us recalled petitions????

Edited by Yodrak

mike,

Yodrak

Yodrak,

I usually enjoy your posts, but I am not sure if you understand how USCIS is handling this at all. Petitions that were never approved with a much later date are already getting their RFE's before any of us with a previous approval. Those that have received the RFE have already sent it back in and all of us that has already been approved but recalled, have not even received the RFE. I am not even sure they know how they will handle the order. ALl of the new petitions that are being filed now are using the new form and won't receive the RFE. SO where does it leave us recalled petitions????

START CALLING AND FAXING EVER MAJOR NEWS AGENCY EXPLAINING THE CONTINUED MISTAKES INCLUDING THE FACT THAT USCIS HAS USURPED CONGRESS, i.e., they changed the wording on the IMBRA law using the word "or" when the law states "and" when talking about the numerical number of fiancee petitions and the 2 year requirment on the IMBRAlized I 129-F and REF sup.

The new IMBRAlized I 129-F and supplementary questionnaire state:

"If you have filed two or more K-1 visa petitions at any time in the past or previously had a K 1 visa petition approved within 2 years prior to the filing of this petition, you must apply for a waiver. To request a waiver, you must submit a written request with this petition accompanied by documentation of your claim to the waiver." "If you are seeking a waiver of the filing limitations imposed by IMBRA, you must attach a signed and dated request for the waiver, explaining why a waiver would be appropriate in your case, together with any evidence include, but not limited to: a death certificate, police reports, news articles, or medical reports from a licensed medical professional, regarding the death of an alien approved for a prior K visa."

If I am not mistaken, IMBRA actually states that such a waiver is necessary if one is applying for a third petition (already had 2 and one was approved). Here is the actual wording:

(2)(A) Subject to subparagraphs (B) and ©, a consular officer

may not approve a petition under paragraph (1) unless the officer

has verified that—

‘‘(i) the petitioner has not, previous to the pending petition,

petitioned under paragraph (1) with respect to two or more

applying aliens; and

H. R. 3402—108

‘‘(ii) if the petitioner has had such a petition previously

approved, 2 years have elapsed since the filing of such previously

approved petition.

Bushocracy at work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Mike, I haven´t gotten the RFE update as well.

I´m actually furious. The worst part is that I can´t call VSC because they only release information to the petitioner, and I´d rather call them myself.

Yodrak, where is the USCIS announcement about sending the RFEs in batches? I feel like that´s what´s happening, but I´d like to read the announcement.

Even if that´s the case, things are still out of order.

We have two recalled cases in VJ with the RFE update and they got their case reopened after Mike and I.

Also, their NOA2 wasn´t before ours, so it seems like we are part of the last batch, as we have been since IMBRA started.

Tomorrow is a holiday, then comes wednesday and they aren´t busy only with our cases, they are still touching people with NOA1 and getting their RFEs back.

If USCIS wants to even things out, they are not working fast, nor they are working on this batch in a fair way.

People like Mike and I (and there are many of us) are in a hopeless situation. Our batch (if this is actually accurate) could be anywhere, since they are puting people who applied last week ahead of us.

I´m very, very frustrated and upset.

I don´t know what to do.

Anyone called Vermont today?

rlt,

Search the Usenet newsgroup alt.visa.us.marriage-based for posts on the subject by folinskyinla. If I recall correctly he posted about a meeting between the USCIS and the AILA.

Yodrak

Yodrak, where is the USCIS announcement about sending the RFEs in batches? I feel like that´s what´s happening, but I´d like to read the announcement.

Timeline

I've found the post Yodrak was referring to: http://tinyurl.com/pqbjo

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Thanks Yodrak and Mew.

My case was reopened on June 23rd.

Let´s see what shortly means..

By the way, I think at this point all NOA1 people from Vermont got their RFEs sent out.

Should be our turn..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Thanks Yodrak and Mew.

My case was reopened on June 23rd.

Let´s see what shortly means..

By the way, I think at this point all NOA1 people from Vermont got their RFEs sent out.

Should be our turn..

rlt, I feel your frustration, hang in there. I'll hang with you, I still have no touch or update about even having my case in Vermont or reopened. :no:

I do agree it's about time they get to us. Look at the bright side, I really think July will put an end to all this RFE madness from hell. Just hold tight a little more, we'll get there.

~Aque

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
mike,

Agreed. The USCIS is in a bit of chaos with regard to IMBRA, another example can be seen here:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.visa.us...13e52ca77f192ab

If you don't participate in the Usenet newsgroup alt.visa.us.marriage-based you might want to at least keep an eye on it. You'll find worthwhile information coming from the AILA, which has contacts with the USCIS, via folinskyinla, that you won't find here.

The USCIS has announced that it is sending out the IMBRA RFEs in batches, to get that part of the job done as quickly as possible. Still nothing that I've seen to indicate that they won't be following the standart FIFO approach to processing when the responses come back.

Your case is fully processed except for the IMBRA questions, there should be little to do to reaffirm your approval once you provide them with the information they need to do so.

Yodrak

mike,

Yodrak

Yodrak,

.... I am not even sure they know how they will handle the order. ALl of the new petitions that are being filed now are using the new form and won't receive the RFE. SO where does it leave us recalled petitions????

Mike

If it helps...today snail mail we received a RFE IMBRA for our I129F dated June 30, 2006...even though our I130 was approved and completed by NVC on 06/07/2006. Although we will be abandoning the I129F to continue with the I130, we will still complete and return the RFE IMBRA just to cover all bases. we received the email notice today.

Perhaps yours in in the mail as well.

09/2005 submitted I130, 08/09/2006 completed medical,case left NVC to Montreal Embassy July 7, 2006
06/07/2006 NVC CASE COMPLETE! (278 days from I130 submitted to NVC case complete)
August 2006 Interview at Montreal Embassy, need to submit I601 & I212 waiver.July 2007 submitted waivers to Montreal Embassy who forwarded to Vermont Service Center
October 2007 rec'd receipt and notification or waiver processing from VSC, April 2008 rec'd RFE for I601 July 2008 submitted RFE, and rec'd receipt, advised written decision within 60 days
October 24, 2008 sent written request for case status to VSC, May 2009 after written request for status update recd letter "being processed"
July2009 requested Senator inquiry again.. response "with officer, required extra processing" if no response check back 6 months!
Dec 09 requested senator inquiry again, Jan 8 2010 requested more than "general inquiry" senator Jan 11, 2010 Senator requested supervisor
Jan 12, VSC told senator's office we wld recd notice in mail 7 - 10 days Jan 20, 2010 I601 DENIED.... letter dated Jan 14, 2010
April 2010, granted 290b approval to send to Appeal for review

October 2011 Appeal denied due to fraud, now dumped by husband, now with Canadian Arabic woman from Tunisa for Canada residence.. processing Immigration with her now

thru Canada

July2013 He ws deported back to Egypt almost a year ago due to out of status for almost 2 years

movin on to a new life
Felicia

Timeline

As you can see in another thread, people who have received the RFE and returned it are already getting approved. The Receipt date don't mean Sh*t. How can they have time to do the RFE's when they have all of our cases sitting their waiting for RFE's to be sent out?

I-129F Timeline:

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

04-08-09 - Biometrics

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
As you can see in another thread, people who have received the RFE and returned it are already getting approved. The Receipt date don't mean Sh*t. How can they have time to do the RFE's when they have all of our cases sitting their waiting for RFE's to be sent out?

It's like they are trying to play a cruel joke on all of us that were previously approved. We (previously approved NOA2's) are getting the royal **** treatment while everone else ahead of us is moving on. The way they are doing this, is bascially punishing us that sumbitted it early, for what!???, submitting it early!? I guess they figure that we have waited longer to begin with, so we will be willing to just wait longer, which unfortunealty is our only choice!

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

I-129F Sent:------------03-04-2006

I-129F NOA1:-----------03-10-2006

I-129F NOA2:-----------03-20-2006

Case Reopened:-------06-22-2006

Touched:---------------06-24-2006

RFE Sent E-mail:-------07-19-2006

Touched:---------------07-20-2006

IMBRA RFE Received:-07-24-2006

RFE Sent Back:--------07-24-2006

RFE Received:---------07-25-2006

RFE Received Notice:--07-26-2006

Touched:---------------07-27-2006

Touched:---------------07-28-2006

Touched:---------------07-29-2006

Touched:---------------08-09-2006

Touched:---------------08-10-2006

RE-APPROVED:--------08-16-2006

NVC Received:---------08-21-2006

NVC Sent to Embassy:-08-25-2006

Embassy Received:----??????????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.