jkmexicano

Help!! I'm knocked up!!! Just recieved NOA1

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Lets see.... I am new here and I have a whole lotta questions!!! First of all, I went to see my soulmate in March. Long story short we couldn't keep our hands off of each other and we had a whole lotta naked fun. This was the two week period we were assembling our I129 package (we have been dating for 3 years).... I got home and mailed the paperwork a month later. I recieved the "reciept letter" the begining of May. It is now June and I am 3 months prego and totally freaking out!!! I can't even ask myself the question "What if we get denied??" because honestly I would start the revolution just to be with this person. Soooooo........ Question 1. Does it make us look bad that I am now pregnant?? Question 2. Is there anything I can do to speed this processes??? Pay an expedite fee or whatever??? I'm 29 this is my first baby I can't give birth alone without him, I'm so scared!! Question 3. What additional forms and paperwork will I need to gather and fill out??? I really want to get all of these things together now instead of waiting until the last minute. I will be grateful for any and all advice!!!! Thanks!! :help:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:blink:

moved from ot to k-1

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Lets see.... I am new here and I have a whole lotta questions!!! First of all, I went to see my soulmate in March. Long story short we couldn't keep our hands off of each other and we had a whole lotta naked fun. This was the two week period we were assembling our I129 package (we have been dating for 3 years).... I got home and mailed the paperwork a month later. I recieved the "reciept letter" the begining of May. It is now June and I am 3 months prego and totally freaking out!!! I can't even ask myself the question "What if we get denied??" because honestly I would start the revolution just to be with this person. Soooooo........ Question 1. Does it make us look bad that I am now pregnant?? Question 2. Is there anything I can do to speed this processes??? Pay an expedite fee or whatever??? I'm 29 this is my first baby I can't give birth alone without him, I'm so scared!! Question 3. What additional forms and paperwork will I need to gather and fill out??? I really want to get all of these things together now instead of waiting until the last minute. I will be grateful for any and all advice!!!! Thanks!! :help:

1. NO.

2. NO.

3. Go to the consulate website and read the guides, all the information about forms and other documents are there.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

:blink:

moved from ot to k-1

Hmmmm........ I'm sorry, I am new. Whats an ot?? and I thought that the fiance visa was the k1???

Pssst... OT = Off topic. You want to click on the very first forum you come to when you scroll down the forum list.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Timeline

hmmmm.......Thank you for at least answering my questions. If there is anyone who reads this who has been through or near the end of the whole process could you please be kind enough to let me know if there are more forms I need to fill out through each step and which forms they were.......like I said I am new to this forum and obviously not an expert on marrying forgien citizens this is why I joined this site in the first place. And yes....... the whole situation is priceless ;) I have been through the forums and the uscis website and Im still lost on what to expect as far as these forms are concerned. I read something about a ds120 and a I485. My question is, does anyone know what information I will need to supply next, what can I start getting together now??? I know where to find the forms already but it would be helpful knowing which forms I will actually be needing.

Once you get the NOA2, you will get sent to the NVC for processing. THis can take varying amounts of time, but somewhere you will want to call so you can track your petition and get its new case # (it changes when it goes abroad). Regarding what happens after it gets to the consulate is country specific, so look farther down the forums page for the regional discussion and ask in your countries area OR check the tab at the top of the page that says embassy info. There are forms that will need to be filled out for the actual application of the visa (which I can't remember the name of) and a police cert and medical will been to be obtained. Again, country specific on how to go about each of those.

After you guys get the visa and get to the US, you have 90 days to get married. As soon as you can manage after that, you will need to file for adjustment of status. That is the I485 that you mentioned. You will also want to file for Advance Parole and your temporary work permit. Look at the guides for more info on that when the time comes.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Timeline
Once you get the NOA2, you will get sent to the NVC for processing. THis can take varying amounts of time, but somewhere you will want to call so you can track your petition and get its new case # (it changes when it goes abroad). Regarding what happens after it gets to the consulate is country specific, so look farther down the forums page for the regional discussion and ask in your countries area OR check the tab at the top of the page that says embassy info. There are forms that will need to be filled out for the actual application of the visa (which I can't remember the name of) and a police cert and medical will been to be obtained. Again, country specific on how to go about each of those.

After you guys get the visa and get to the US, you have 90 days to get married. As soon as you can manage after that, you will need to file for adjustment of status. That is the I485 that you mentioned. You will also want to file for Advance Parole and your temporary work permit. Look at the guides for more info on that when the time comes.

MSU Thanks for being so polite and helpful the world needs more people like you in it!! I was a little turned off to this site after the first few replies I had recieved. Everyone has to start somewhere and I need to thank you for your time and guidance. Its refreshing to know there are people who still show respect for their fellow human beings even when nobody else is, you have real integrity and I think you should know that. Thanks for "nOOb"ing me instead of ridiculing me because I am inexperienced in these forums, I really appreciate it!! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

MSU Thanks for being so polite and helpful the world needs more people like you in it!! I was a little turned off to this site after the first few replies I had recieved. Everyone has to start somewhere and I need to thank you for your time and guidance. Its refreshing to know there are people who still show respect for their fellow human beings even when nobody else is, you have real integrity and I think you should know that. Thanks for "nOOb"ing me instead of ridiculing me because I am inexperienced in these forums, I really appreciate it!! :thumbs:

Well, you posted in off topic which tends to be a bunch of jokers having fun, the purpose of that forum. No offense was intended, you asked a serious question at a frat party.

No one here can give you anywhere near the comprehensive answers you can get from reading the guides at the top of the page. Do not be turned off, you have found the absolute best website for this purpose, but we cannot go through the entire process for each new person (many dozens every day) that comes along, that is what the guides are for. Read them, learn what you don't understand and come back and post questions in the K-1 forum.

My answer to you was direct and to the point. not rude. NO being pregnant makes no difference in the process good or bad. No, you cannot get expedited service for a K-1 visa, they do not care if you are alone when the baby is born. Seems like about a third of the fiancees are pregnant before the process is over, not unusual.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.