44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I checked Igor's list and I saw that many people who submitted the petition after I did have already been approved. Meanwhile I keep waiting and not even an RFE. Nothing, Nada, Nichivo.

When is USCIS going to learn to process applications in the order they were received? This is very unfair!!!

Worse yet is not being able to plan anything because approval may come tomorrow or one year from today. Of the countries I know, this is the one that makes it most difficult for a citizen to be with his/her SO. Meanwhile, illegals come and go as they please.

It makes me wonder about the fairness of following the letter of the, so called, law :crying:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving to the progress report forum

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Timeline please thank you :)

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I checked Igor's list and I saw that many people who submitted the petition after I did have already been approved. Meanwhile I keep waiting and not even an RFE. Nothing, Nada, Nichivo.

When is USCIS going to learn to process applications in the order they were received? This is very unfair!!!

Worse yet is not being able to plan anything because approval may come tomorrow or one year from today. Of the countries I know, this is the one that makes it most difficult for a citizen to be with his/her SO. Meanwhile, illegals come and go as they please.

It makes me wonder about the fairness of following the letter of the, so called, law :crying:

Petitions cannot be processed "in the order they are received" if they were we would all be waiting while thousands of RFEs were processed.

People who violate the law should not be compared to people who don't. You can work hard to save money...but it is not fair. Bank robbers just take the money. Silly comparison.

The USA is, in fact, one of very few countries that even allows for anything like a "fiancee visa". It is also faced with lots of people wanting to come here and many visas to process. There are plenty of people waiting to hit the visa lottery that think it is unfair your fiance(e) gets to come in a few months instead of a few years.

You entered into a relationship with a foreign national and there is a process to that, you knew that, yes? Your option is to break it off and marry an American. No waiting.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Petitions cannot be processed "in the order they are received" if they were we would all be waiting while thousands of RFEs were processed.

People who violate the law should not be compared to people who don't. You can work hard to save money...but it is not fair. Bank robbers just take the money. Silly comparison.

The USA is, in fact, one of very few countries that even allows for anything like a "fiancee visa". It is also faced with lots of people wanting to come here and many visas to process. There are plenty of people waiting to hit the visa lottery that think it is unfair your fiance(e) gets to come in a few months instead of a few years.

You entered into a relationship with a foreign national and there is a process to that, you knew that, yes? Your option is to break it off and marry an American. No waiting.

This line is so true. It may take awhile but unlike most countries you dont have to marry the person before you can get them here. At least there is a way to get your fiancee to the US. Some applications take longer due to common names or more extensive checks due to country, previous arrest and such, while some are just a quick stamp and sent to NVC, so obviously none of us can tell you why yours is taking longer, but it would also help us if we knew when you filed. Please update your timeline, it helps others as well by making their timelines more accurate.

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

Comments like this one are better ignored.

Jeez!!!

Timeline
This line is so true. It may take awhile but unlike most countries you dont have to marry the person before you can get them here. At least there is a way to get your fiancee to the US. Some applications take longer due to common names or more extensive checks due to country, previous arrest and such, while some are just a quick stamp and sent to NVC, so obviously none of us can tell you why yours is taking longer, but it would also help us if we knew when you filed. Please update your timeline, it helps others as well by making their timelines more accurate.

How do you know what I said is not true? I clearly stated "countries I know" and there is experience backing my statement. Do you know the process in every country around the world to state so "matter of factly" that my statement is not true?

Ok, seriously what is with the hostility??? Wow, you have to wait a few extra months. Not as bad as a lot of people in this situation. The USCIS sucks but it's life and you chose this path so deal. Until last year, there were lots of people stuck in FBI name checks for their green card waiting for years. In many countries people are stuck in AP for months to years.

Try looking on the bright side. You found someone you love and wants to marry you. Lots of people the world over don't ever find that. Ya, you guys have more hoops to jump through but at the end a few months WON'T matter (trust me, I've been where you have been). When your fiance gets here and you are married you will be a part of a whole other culture. Your kids will have dual citizenship and a hole new world perspective. You have all these plusses, no need to focus on all the negatives.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How do you know what I said is not true? I clearly stated "countries I know" and there is experience backing my statement. Do you know the process in every country around the world to state so "matter of factly" that my statement is not true?

First - no where at all in what I wrote did I say what you said wasn't true, so calm down there tiger. It may be true for the counties you know, but for a majority of countries it is not that way. Second, it is a long process for all of us, as I said none of us without knowing your case (and even knowing your case) could possibly tell you why you havent gotten anything, or when to expect anything as you havent updated your timeline. Third, if you want sympathy and help its probably best not to immediately take everything so negatively and jump down peoples throats who are trying to help you out. All I was stating in my post was that Gary is correct that it is easier and faster for MOST, read most - not all, people to do it this way than trying to get their fiance(e)'s into the other country. As I did mention at the end of my post had you cared to actually read it instead of deciding I was trying to call you a liar, I said that if you update us with your timeline then we may be able to give you a more accurate answer of when you might be expecting to hear something.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Woah, lot of negative comments in this thread let's not shoot the poster for venting.

Say there is 30 guys, they have to process 2000 K1 visa's so they divide the workload, some of them work quicker than others, take less time off than others some possibly take cases home so unless a single person is adjudicating EVERY file there is no way USCIS could possibly process files in the order they receive.

Planning can be done during the process, I knew my now husband for 4 years before we walked down the Aisle, The visa (K1) took about a year from applying to actually entering the USA but we planned, we debated weather to have our big wedding in the USA or Scotland (we had a courthouse wedding here for legal reasons leaving big wedding/Vow renewal for Scotland)

Talk about the future or the process will drive you crazy. Update your timeline to get an estimated approval date.

Len says it all the process is not fair, it is what it is. Without Negatives there wouldn't be any bloody positives.

I also didn't see anything in Danu's post saying you were Lying, this site may save you alot of heartache try to be nicer when replying to members posts :) .

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Actually I do know about lot of countries, at least desireable ones, and he was backing up my comment. I can name USA, Canada, Belgium (maybe, as of 2008 anyway) Spain, Possibly Austrailia, not sure, I have conflicting information on that one, that allow fiancees to immigrate and a path to citizenship. Canada even allows "domestic partners" and is perhaps the only country easier than the USA to do this. Not necessarily faster though. I don't know, maybe Hugo Chavez welcomes US fiancees of Venezualean citizens, what d'ya think? That would double your options!

And you can ignore comments regarding your choices in life, but the USA is not obligated to make it easy for you because you chose to get engaged to a foreign national, like it or not. A very large number of VJ members have been through this process, and some very difficult cases, without whining.

Many countries allow a SPOUSE to immigrate, but not fiancees.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Woah, lot of negative comments in this thread let's not shoot the poster for venting.

Say there is 30 guys, they have to process 2000 K1 visa's so they divide the workload, some of them work quicker than others, take less time off than others some possibly take cases home so unless a single person is adjudicating EVERY file there is no way USCIS could possibly process files in the order they receive.

Planning can be done during the process, I knew my now husband for 4 years before we walked down the Aisle, The visa (K1) took about a year from applying to actually entering the USA but we planned, we debated weather to have our big wedding in the USA or Scotland (we had a courthouse wedding here for legal reasons leaving big wedding/Vow renewal for Scotland)

Talk about the future or the process will drive you crazy. Update your timeline to get an estimated approval date.

Len says it all the process is not fair, it is what it is. Without Negatives there wouldn't be any bloody positives.

I also didn't see anything in Danu's post saying you were Lying, this site may save you alot of heartache try to be nicer when replying to members posts :) .

________________________________________________________________________________

I agree with you. I just started the process and our plans are to just have a quick ceremony at a wedding salon one year and our reception the following year. I have everything ready for the reception. Just waiting to be approved. It can be hard at times, but with love and God, all things are possible. Stay encouraged.... Tracey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.