mutshui

ACH at Guangzhou

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

What happens if you can't attend the ACH?

Every post I read says it has no impact on the outcome of the interview, yet people's subtle undertones suggests otherwise.

Also, the majority of the interview experiences I have read seemed like outcome is pre-determined before the interview starts.

So confused.......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

they just make a note on the computer that you attended ACH.. didn't help me that much.. they even told her that "your husband just attended yesterday".. it is just a place to ask questions on your case..

I-130 STAGE 1 : 533 days - 1 year 6 months (4/16/2007 to 9/22/2008)

Priority Date I-130 : 4/16/2007 ( 533 days , APPROVED 9/22/2008)
Transferred to local office based on "security checks" : 11/27/2007
wrote hundreds of letters - received letter from FBI Records Management Chief stating no security checks
local office interview : 2/21/2008 - brought my parents too (result : you will get approval within 2-3 weeks)

5/2/2008 - (lawsuit) Writ of Mandamus - OFFICIAL DATE (7/29/2008)
9/22/2008 - CALL AND EMAIL COPY OF APPROVAL NOTICE FROM LAWYER

NVC STAGE 2 : 99 days - 3 months (9/30/2008 to 1/7/2009)

NVC Received : 9/30/2008
Received Packet 3 (I-864/DS-230) : 11/10/2008
NVC says "RFE sent out 12/9/08 for missing documents" : 12/10/2008
CASE COMPLETE - 1/7/2009

CONSULATE STAGE 3 : 96 days - 3 months (1/8/2009 to 4/14/2009)
CLEARED CUSTOMS - 3/10/2009
**APPOINTMENT DATE : 4/14/2009, 7:15AM**
** BLUE SLIP **

AP STAGE 4 : 97 days - 3 months (4/14/2009 to 7/20/2009)
DOS call to receive I-601 (Waiver of Grounds for Inadmissibility - basically denial) from Guangzhou : 6/24/2009

REMOVAL OF I-601 due to my letters to the USCIS Director, Michael Aytes: 6/29/2009
CALL-IN LETTER NOTIFIED : 7/8/2009
CALL-IN LETTER (APPROVAL)!! : 7/16/2009
ALL DONE!! (got both GREEN CARD & SSN CARD) : 10/1/2009

"http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/194075-feel-like-a-cr-1-csc-castaway/page-60" (pages 53-63) for more updates and letter I wrote to Director Michael Aytes and his replies and back and forth..

HER PARENTS - 10 months so far

I-130 Sent In : 1/7/2013

I-130 Approval : 3/28/2013

Transfer to NVC : 6/12/2013

Case Complete : 8/25/2013

"Ready for Interview" (Ready to wait for 1-3 Months, this is official NVC letter transfer date) : 9/9/2013

DHL Tracking : arrived 9/24/2013

P4 Letter : 11/21/2013

Interview Date : 12/9/2013, originally 12/3, stupid lawyer filled out her dad's passport number wrong..

Interview Passed : 12/9/2013

Visa "Issued" on CEAC : 12/10/2013

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Every post I read says it has no impact on the outcome of the interview, yet people's subtle undertones suggests otherwise.

Also, the majority of the interview experiences I have read seemed like outcome is pre-determined before the interview starts.

So confused.......

There's no question that attendance adds to the evidence of a bona fide relationship but whether it's enough to make a difference is anybody's guess and would vary on a case by case basis anyway.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

So confused.......

Will you be able to be in GUZ for your fiancee's/wife's interview? If so, be sure and give her your passport which she will in turn give to the VO - this will make up for your not being able to attend ACH and will show that you are there to provide support to her.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
if you can't goto GUZ for her interview, maybe you can write a letter explaining why.

Thanks for all of the information, Yes I want to go to the ACH session, and yes I am going to go to the interview with her

Silverfox5859

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for all the ideas, to finish the story, we passed! I did not attend the ACH, nor was I able to be there with my fiance for the interview. It was a 5 minute interview that went by quickly, so I don't think a letter explaining why I can't be there would have mattered. I think what's so nerve wrecking about this whole process is that there doesn't seem to be a standard guideline to define what a "bona fide" relationship is. I have even tried looking up the Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM), Department of State's operation guideline for approving visas, to see what their requirements are. It just seems that bona fide is subjective to the visa officer, and whether all the officers use a common guideline is unknown. Some of the stories on this board where couples had plenty of evidence but still got denied made me really nervous. The more posts I read the more nervous I get, to the point that I have decided to stay away from reading the forums. For others who get nervous like me, one very important thing to keep in mind is that everyone's case is different. Age, previous marital status, occupation, and maybe even race can matter. Just focus on preparing the documentations you need to prove you relationship because the top reason for visa denials is inadequate documentation (I even looked up Department of State's visa statistics for that one).

Thank you visajourney.com!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Thanks for all the ideas, to finish the story, we passed! I did not attend the ACH, nor was I able to be there with my fiance for the interview. It was a 5 minute interview that went by quickly, so I don't think a letter explaining why I can't be there would have mattered. I think what's so nerve wrecking about this whole process is that there doesn't seem to be a standard guideline to define what a "bona fide" relationship is. I have even tried looking up the Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM), Department of State's operation guideline for approving visas, to see what their requirements are. It just seems that bona fide is subjective to the visa officer, and whether all the officers use a common guideline is unknown. Some of the stories on this board where couples had plenty of evidence but still got denied made me really nervous. The more posts I read the more nervous I get, to the point that I have decided to stay away from reading the forums. For others who get nervous like me, one very important thing to keep in mind is that everyone's case is different. Age, previous marital status, occupation, and maybe even race can matter. Just focus on preparing the documentations you need to prove you relationship because the top reason for visa denials is inadequate documentation (I even looked up Department of State's visa statistics for that one).

You never know the entire story when you hear people on the various boards talking about getting denied, it basically boils down to be honest on every form you fill out, be honest to the VO. If you have a real relationship, document every step and every trip and you will be fine. Those that follow the helpful guides here and do not try to sneak something through so to speak do fine and maybe they get minor delay because they forget a signature here or a form there.

To get rejected you have to do something that causes a red flag in the VO's mind, which as you said above there is no set criteria so it could be anything that sets off red flags in their heads. Yes an assumption a horrible thing, but I would wager a guess that most denials actually do have something in the file or lack of something that triggered VO to deny. The crappy part about the process you never really get a clear cut answer to what set off the VO, which is most likely intended so people cannot just scam the system because they know every red flag that is being looked for.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I have interview time Monday morning so I cannot make it to the ACH. I would like to go mostly to get a look around and talk to my wife about it, and say hello to the officers. I figure the interview is what I am in the country for, so i wish my timeline matched up but I am not too concerned.

I am leaving in about 9 hours yikes I am really not packed I am very excited and tired should snooze on the flight well!

USA NATURALIZATION CITIZEN :-------------------------------------------------------
08-13-2014 - N-400 mailed priority Phoenix lockbox
08-1x-2014 - N-400 package accepted

08-20-2014 - Check cashed

09-xx-2014 - NOA bio-metrics appointment

09-18-2014 - Bio-metrics appointment Columbus office

09-22-2014 - NOA letter scheduled interview 10-30-2014

10-30-2014 - Naturalization interview and test Columbus Ohio office.

Application changed to five year as mark reached while waiting for interview

Passed civic test and interview recommends approval !!!

10-30-2014 - NOA hand letter stating recommendation for approval and wait for letter of approval and oath
11-13-2014 - Case Status updated "We scheduled your oath ceremony"

11-14-2014 - NOA letter final interview and oath Tuesday 11-25-2014

11-25-2014 - Final red tape and oath ceremony Columbus, Ohio Officially a US Citizen!!!

- Applied US Passport at local post office

08-2016 - Received 10 year Q2 visa to visit China as a US citizen

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
I have interview time Monday morning so I cannot make it to the ACH. I would like to go mostly to get a look around and talk to my wife about it, and say hello to the officers. I figure the interview is what I am in the country for, so i wish my timeline matched up but I am not too concerned.

I am leaving in about 9 hours yikes I am really not packed I am very excited and tired should snooze on the flight well!

Have a great time at GUZ and let us know how it turned out in a long and detailed report!

moving right along

Timeline

So confused.......

There's no question that attendance adds to the evidence of a bona fide relationship but whether it's enough to make a difference is anybody's guess and would vary on a case by case basis anyway.

Straight Talk,what you heard was true about Guangzhou.I have no idea if you married to a Chinese woman.The

interviewers already know whom are going to reveive a Visa,before you even go,and it has nothing much to do

with preview class.They know if you are wealthy,and what your age difference is ,between you and your wife.So

long as you have wealth,then the age really does not matter.If your too old,and no wealth,no visa.

Thanks

Timeline
if you can't goto GUZ for her interview, maybe you can write a letter explaining why.

Thanks for all of the information, Yes I want to go to the ACH session, and yes I am going to go to the interview with her

You cannot go to the Interview with your wife or fiance,unless its on your registration.You have to wait in the fourth

floor coffee shop which most people do,or outside.They take you by appointment. So be there early,as they

line you up in lines according to your interview time.They open the doors for Visa recipients about ten minutes to eight

a/m.. If you dont want to wait in line with your beneficiary,then leave the line,walk around the ribbon,and walk in the

other open doors ,go to the fourth floor coffee shop.When the beneficiary returns she will return along side the coffee

shop,thats where the stairs are.

Thanks

Timeline

You never know the entire story when you hear people on the various boards talking about getting denied, it basically boils down to be honest on every form you fill out, be honest to the VO. If you have a real relationship, document every step and every trip and you will be fine. Those that follow the helpful guides here and do not try to sneak something through so to speak do fine and maybe they get minor delay because they forget a signature here or a form there.

To get rejected you have to do something that causes a red flag in the VO's mind, which as you said above there is no set criteria so it could be anything that sets off red flags in their heads. Yes an assumption a horrible thing, but I would wager a guess that most denials actually do have something in the file or lack of something that triggered VO to deny. The crappy part about the process you never really get a clear cut answer to what set off the VO, which is most likely intended so people cannot just scam the system because they know every red flag that is being looked for.

Hello!!! I was honest and so was my wife. We got Denied a Visa,and it was nothing to with the documents.It was

the reason may be given,as they will change the reasons.The interviewer never asked to see anything,Asked three

questions non related to the Visa,parsay,and it was over.

Thanks

Timeline

Hello!!! I was honest and so was my wife. We got Denied a Visa,and it was nothing to with the documents.It was

the reason may be given,as they will change the reasons.The interviewer never asked to see anything,Asked three

questions non related to the Visa,parsay,and it was over.

Thanks

I have to apologize,a little ,not for me,but for all of you,about Red Flags you speak about.At the Guangzhou Interviews

you dont need Red flags or any type of signal that you are to be suspicious. Just not be wealthy,and not older than

ten years of your wifes age,and its guaranteed you will not get a Visa.If you are wealthy,your age makes little differenc

e and you get a Visa.

When you learn you will see that its all more than just talk,its reality you are reading in the other forums.

Trust me!

Thanks

Timeline
I have to apologize, a little , not for me, but for all of you, about Red Flags you speak about. At the Guangzhou Interviews you dont need Red flags or any type of signal that you are to be suspicious. Just not be wealthy,and not older than ten years of your wifes age, and its guaranteed you will not get a Visa. If you are wealthy, your age makes little differenc e and you get a Visa. When you learn you will see that its all more than just talk, its reality you are reading in the other forums. Trust me!

:time:

Wow, sounds a little bitter there grego. Your "all you need is cash" description is not accurate and that has been proven over and over. Definitely need to make above the minimum or have a sponsor is all. If you are more than 10 years older than your wife then you will face the challenge for sure (personally I've never understood the big age range relationship), but many many many many have done it fine.

You don't need to "trust me" on these facts, just read the boards for a ton of examples.

moving right along

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.