24 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, i am wanting to bring my fiance here for a fiance visa, and i need a cosponsor, my mom is willing but she claims all my kids and plus my brother who is disabled lives with her..i was wondering,

can she count my brother's disability income along with her wages? she is payee on his disability.

my kids actually live with me, but i let her claim them this year and last year. should she or i count them in household size?

if she does would the household size be 5...(my brother, my 3 kids, and my fiance?)

then would i too use a household size of 2...(me and fiance)

confused! can anyone help

She would have to count them - as they are on her income taxes.

Her count would be 6 - your forgetting to count your mom.

Your count is correct for yourself.

Your household size includes yourself and the following individuals, no matter where they live: any spouse, any dependent children under the age of 21, any other dependents listed on your most recent Federal income tax return, all persons being sponsored in this affidavit of support

I'm not sure if she can claim your brother's income, regardless if she is a payee. That money is his - I would imagine she is a payee since he is disabled.

Does she not make enough income for the poverty level without this source?

Edited by Bobby_Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Mom's household would be 6 (mom, brother, 3 kids, fiance). According to the I-864 instructions the sponsor must count all persons claimed as a dependent on the most recent tax return. The required income for a household of 6 would be $36,912.

Your household would be 2 (you, finace).

If she shows documentation that the disability payments are paid to her she should be able to include it in her income number.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi, i am wanting to bring my fiance here for a fiance visa, and i need a cosponsor, my mom is willing but she claims all my kids and plus my brother who is disabled lives with her..i was wondering,

can she count my brother's disability income along with her wages? she is payee on his disability.

my kids actually live with me, but i let her claim them this year and last year. should she or i count them in household size?

if she does would the household size be 5...(my brother, my 3 kids, and my fiance?)

then would i too use a household size of 2...(me and fiance)

confused! can anyone help

The I-134 is a single person document. She cannot count your brothers diability as her, or household, income on the I-134. If she claimed your kids on her taxes (and must submit a copy of that return) her household size is 6. Yours is 2, correct.

For the AOS (I-864) your brothers income could be counted if it is properly documented and permanent. He would have to fill out form I-864a

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Mom's household would be 6 (mom, brother, 3 kids, fiance). According to the I-864 instructions the sponsor must count all persons claimed as a dependent on the most recent tax return. The required income for a household of 6 would be $36,912.

If she shows documentation that the disability payments are paid to her she should be able to include it in her income number.

This is correct, sorry. Maybe I missed that. If the disability income is paid to her, it is her income. She must include a copy of the award letter and recent check stubs.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

This is correct, sorry. Maybe I missed that. If the disability income is paid to her, it is her income. She must include a copy of the award letter and recent check stubs.

Right, income is income. This is not her brother's income. It is the mother's income paid to her in behalf of her disabled son. You would treat it the same way as court ordered child support but assuming the disability is permanent, so is the income.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

WHY DOES MY FIANCE HAVE TO BE COUNTED TWICE? BY ME AND MY MOM...I THOUGHT HOUSEHOLD SIZE WAS 7, MY MOM, MY BROTHER, MY 3 KIDS AND FIANCE IS 6

THEN WHY DO I AGAIN, HAVE TO ADD MY FIANCE TO MINE???

AT FIRST THE HOUSEHOLD SIZE WAS 7 NOW IT IS 8...AMOUNT IS BECOMING LARGER AND LARGER, JEEZ

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

WHY DOES MY FIANCE HAVE TO BE COUNTED TWICE? BY ME AND MY MOM...I THOUGHT HOUSEHOLD SIZE WAS 7, MY MOM, MY BROTHER, MY 3 KIDS AND FIANCE IS 6

THEN WHY DO I AGAIN, HAVE TO ADD MY FIANCE TO MINE???

AT FIRST THE HOUSEHOLD SIZE WAS 7 NOW IT IS 8...AMOUNT IS BECOMING LARGER AND LARGER, JEEZ

You're confused. There are two households in which your fiance is counted ONCE. One household is two and the other is six. There is no household of eight. You don't add them together.

Since you don't qualify at the household of two level, your mother must qualify for a household of six, herself, her dependants and your fiance.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 weeks later...
hI AGAIN, SORRY, I HAVE BEEN BUSY LATELY.

I WAS WONDERING, WHAT IF MY MOM CAN NOT PROVE 36,000? CAN WE ADD MY INCOME TO HERS, IN THE ABOVE SCENARIO? TO MEET THE REQUIREMENT?

If she cannot prove it, she cannot sponsor.

You can only add income if she is living in the same household. But you still would have to prove it.

movingthread.jpg

Moving from K-1 to Embassy - since this is a I-134 issue :)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

SO IF I AM LIVING WITH MY MOM AT THE TIME OF IMMIGRATION, THEN I CAN INCLUDE MY INCOME WITH HERS?

Unfortunately, not with the I-134, it has no provisions for this. Only the I-864 will allow you to combine income in this situation.

I-134 has to be able to cover the whole level needed.

Regardless, you would still need to prove it, even if you add it together for the I-864.

But you have to get to that point with the I-134.

Edited by Bobby_Umit

my mom makes about, with a guess...28-29,000$ my brothers income is 8088.00 a year...(we are soooo close)

there has to be away...what if my mom does not claim all my kids this year, can we knock the household size down a little> and then add me during the adjustment of status

PLEASE ANYONE ANY IDEAS..I WILL DO WHAT EVER TO GET HIM HERE, WE ARE IN LOVE...

OK, CAN MY MOM USE HER ASSETS TO PROVE THE 36,912...SHE OWNS A TRAILOR, A BIGSCREEN, A CAR...SHE IS ONLY A LITTLE BIT SHORT ON THE 36,912. HER WAGES LAST YEAR WAS 27,284 PLUS THE DISABILITY INCOME WHICH IS 8088.00...THAT MAKES IT 35, 372...? SHE IS GONNA MAKE MORE THIS YEAR TOO..

WHAT ABOUT THE BIGSCREEN, IT WILL BE PAID OFF BY THAT TIME..COULD SHE NOT JUST GET PROOF OF OWNERSHIP ON THAT?

THE TRAILOR IS WORTH 10,000.. BUT, SHE SAYS HER SISTER TOOK THE LOAN FOR IT..SO IT IS IFFY IF SHE "OFFICIALLY OWNS IT" (WHAT KIND OF PROOF OF OWNERSHIP WILL SHE NEED FOR THE TRAILOR?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.