NatPatBen

Infopass Experience

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm 3 weeks shy of hitting the 6-month mark, but since VSC already started approving February filers, I decided to take more steps to figure out why my petition hasn't been actioned upon.

Plus, my congressman's office told me yesterday that I'd get a faster response with an Infopass appointment than if they submitted a request on my behalf.

I easily scheduled an 11:15AM infopass appointment at USCIS's website: http://infopass.uscis.gov/

I got there a few minutes early & went through security. The signs say that no cameras or cell phones are allowed, but they let you bring in your cell phone if you turn it off. I wish I had known that before leaving mine in the car.

Then you check in at the front window. I was giving a number, C48. When I asked for the typical wait time, the guy said he didn't know.

There was a huge room where different things happened in different sections. You saw the deportation section in one corner, the naturalization section in another, and the infopass section including 10 windows in a third. Don't think that there were 10 people working at those 10 windows; there were 2. Those 2 left for lunch at noon & 2 more replaced them. I was hoping a whole bunch of people would fill the windows after lunch, but nope!

So I sit near the deportation section (which was a really depressing place to sit, as the people talking there did not have happy stories) and look at the monitor. It shows the numbers that were worked on at each window. I could see that they last called up A11 and C42. I thought there were 5 more people ahead of me since I was C48, but I was wrong. I guess people were called in the order they arrived, but you have no way of knowing how many people arrived before you. The order of people called went something like: A12, A13, C43, C44, B26, C45, A14, C46, C47, A15, B27, C48.

It was SO FRUSTRATING watching the people who worked there. YOu could see them behind their glass windows. Every time they assisted someone, they'd then take 10-15 minutes before seeing the next person. WHAT ARE THEY DOING? I wondered a million times. From what I could see, they'd talk to each other, get up & walk around, and straighten stacks of paper. I promise. I watched this one woman straighten a stack of paper at least 3 times between seeing people. SOOOOOO frustrating to see what my tax dollars pay for.

I got called up to a window at about 12:50. Finally! The lady asked me for my ID, # (C48), appointment letter, and NOA1. Then she asked how she could help me. I said that I hope she can give me information on why my case is taking longer than so many others to be worked. She spent a minute typing stuff in the computer, then said that she'll submit a service request. She had me write my email address on the form they give you when you arrive. Another minute of typing, then she gave me the form with the service request reference code. It says that I should receive a response by July 4.

I asked her, if I have a future infopass appointment, what time should I schedule to minimize the wait. She said first thing in the morning, around 7am.

Then I left!

So in 1 hr and 45 minutes, they saw a total of 12 people, including me. Considering that there were 2 people working at all times, that's about 15 minutes per person, even though only 5 minutes is spent with the person. Ridiculous.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Nat...u have to play the victim role on them. You can't act like you know how the process works.

Give em pity...like...i just don't know why my case is taking so long. I was under the impression that it would be sooner....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Nat i feel so frustrated from just reading this

this is insane

beuracracy is inescapable

Nat...u have to play the victim role on them. You can't act like you know how the process works.

Give em pity...like...i just don't know why my case is taking so long. I was under the impression that it would be sooner....

true

even buss some tears

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Awwe Nat

Hang in there Sis your approval soon come!

Edited by phillyfashionista

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
I guess people were called in the order they arrived, but you have no way of knowing how many people arrived before you. The order of people called went something like: A12, A13, C43, C44, B26, C45, A14, C46, C47, A15, B27, C48.

It was SO FRUSTRATING watching the people who worked there. YOu could see them behind their glass windows. Every time they assisted someone, they'd then take 10-15 minutes before seeing the next person. WHAT ARE THEY DOING? I wondered a million times. From what I could see, they'd talk to each other, get up & walk around, and straighten stacks of paper. I promise. I watched this one woman straighten a stack of paper at least 3 times between seeing people. SOOOOOO frustrating to see what my tax dollars pay for.

Nat, I'm in Houston also and have been to this InfoPass building twice to check on our status. Both trips were a COMPLETE waste of time. The first time I went, I went around the same time you did and had a similar experience. The second time I went, I made an appointment for 7am and arrived there at 6:30am. :) There were 2 people in front of me waiting to check in. Finally around 5 til 7, they opened up the window and started checking us in. I waited about 10-15 minutes before being called up and then was told nothing new. :angry: But at least I didn't have to wait an hour and a half to be told nothing new.

At least they did a service request.

They usually do nothing.

About 50% of the time a Service Request will get an idle petition approved (stats from my lawyer - plus it happened to us).

We were approved the day after a service request was received by CSC.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm real disappointed for you! Sorry that you didn't get any answers. Keep the faith!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Nat I was hoping u would get a better answer.....I know ur tired of waiting but like KK and Bunz said I would make them feel sorry for me after I was done....but we will see wat happens by July ...I guess u can plan that trip though.

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

I'm 3 weeks shy of hitting the 6-month mark, but since VSC already started approving February filers, I decided to take more steps to figure out why my petition hasn't been actioned upon.

Plus, my congressman's office told me yesterday that I'd get a faster response with an Infopass appointment than if they submitted a request on my behalf.

I easily scheduled an 11:15AM infopass appointment at USCIS's website: http://infopass.uscis.gov/

I got there a few minutes early & went through security. The signs say that no cameras or cell phones are allowed, but they let you bring in your cell phone if you turn it off. I wish I had known that before leaving mine in the car.

Then you check in at the front window. I was giving a number, C48. When I asked for the typical wait time, the guy said he didn't know.

There was a huge room where different things happened in different sections. You saw the deportation section in one corner, the naturalization section in another, and the infopass section including 10 windows in a third. Don't think that there were 10 people working at those 10 windows; there were 2. Those 2 left for lunch at noon & 2 more replaced them. I was hoping a whole bunch of people would fill the windows after lunch, but nope!

So I sit near the deportation section (which was a really depressing place to sit, as the people talking there did not have happy stories) and look at the monitor. It shows the numbers that were worked on at each window. I could see that they last called up A11 and C42. I thought there were 5 more people ahead of me since I was C48, but I was wrong. I guess people were called in the order they arrived, but you have no way of knowing how many people arrived before you. The order of people called went something like: A12, A13, C43, C44, B26, C45, A14, C46, C47, A15, B27, C48.

I got called up to a window at about 12:50. Finally! The lady asked me for my ID, # (C48), appointment letter, and NOA1. Then she asked how she could help me. I said that I hope she can give me information on why my case is taking longer than so many others to be worked. She spent a minute typing stuff in the computer, then said that she'll submit a service request. She had me write my email address on the form they give you when you arrive. Another minute of typing, then she gave me the form with the service request reference code. It says that I should receive a response by July 4.

I asked her, if I have a future infopass appointment, what time should I schedule to minimize the wait. She said first thing in the morning, around 7am.

Then I left!

So in 1 hr and 45 minutes, they saw a total of 12 people, including me. Considering that there were 2 people working at all times, that's about 15 minutes per person, even though only 5 minutes is spent with the person. Ridiculous.

Oh Yes isn't Houston USCIS office such a pleasant place a real picnic. Your not kidding, they sit behind the glass, and do nothing for 15 minutes or they chit chat, get coffee. neaten up piles of papers, and gaze at computer, till they call the next number, I went 2 weeks ago, a complete waste of time. Useless!!!!! They talk to you for 30 seconds and then basically dismiss you , you leave more frustrated then before.

I hope you get news soon, I know the frustration.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline
At least they did a service request.

They usually do nothing.

About 50% of the time a Service Request will get an idle petition approved (stats from my lawyer - plus it happened to us).

We were approved the day after a service request was received by CSC.

Yes, the service request was the highlight of the experience.

I'm hoping for just what you say: an approval very soon after this.

I figure between my Senator's request, this service request, and calling VSC, SOMETHING should happen soon.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hey Nat,

Don't give up man. I was in the same boat with the N-400. It ended up being 7 months behind schedule because nobody cared. I made multiple service requests, called the congressman and had about 7 Infopass Appointments. The first five were a waste of time, they did nothing, they answered nothing. They just said your petition is still pending. The 6th person I spoke with actually did help me and looked into the case and we found that my case was actually sent to storage in the middle of processing. Don't give up in trying and keep bugging them until you get something done. Go over there, talk to them, get the congressman involved and as soon as you cross that 6 month mark file for expedite processing.

Keep pressing in man, keep persevering!

Best of luck,

Ovi

Timeline:

K-1 Visa

04/09/09 : I-129F Sent to Vermont

04/10/09 : I-129F Received by USCIS

04/14/09 : NOA1

08/19/09 : NOA2

08/24/09 : NVC Received

08/25/09 : NVC Left

08/27/09 : Consulate received

08/28/09 : Packet 3

08/31/09 : Packet 3 sent

09/16/09 : Interview - Approved

09/21/09 : Trip to Dallas

Timeline

Thanks, Ovi!

I claim that I will not have to file for expedited processing, cause I will get approved before crossing the 6 month mark!

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Well, I guess that the experience of the Houston CIS office is the only unpleasant interaction (out of many) that I missed. Keep the faith, and remember that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease," si man!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.