jundp

Tuesday is International Whores Day

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Sex workers angry about the cost of advertising in local papers will mark International Whores Day today by protesting outside NSW Parliament House.

The Scarlet Alliance wants anti-discrimination laws to protect sex workers, saying at the moment its members are the victims of unfair bias from banks, lenders, local councils and in advertising.

Sex worker Ivy McIntosh said people in her profession were being overcharged when they placed ads in local papers.

"I'm paying too much for a measly two inches," she said in a statement.

"Sex work is legal in NSW.

"Why am I charged hundreds of dollars to advertise in local papers when other trade occupations are charged less than $100?"

The sex workers will dress in red and carry red umbrellas in the demonstration for International Whores Day, which started in France in 1975.

Source thanks to Fark

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

BUMP.

Bump bump bump bump bump.

I am very disturbed.

What is going on with VJ anyway????

Stupid endless threads about abortion go on and on and on.

And a nice wholesome thread about hookers who just aren't gonna take it lying down anymore (yes, pun there...) can't attract a following?

Sheesh.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Taken completely out of context, the above quote has quite a different meaning :)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Maybe I'm not feminist enough or something, but I'm not outraged by this. They shouldn't be paying more than the others for the same newspaper space.

Good for them and good to know there is an international whores day.

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Taken completely out of context, the above quote has quite a different meaning :)

:lol: I had to read that one over a couple of times.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Who knew?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Yay happy whores day! :dance:

What do you get a ####### for #######'s day? A basket of fruit? A plaque? No wait... a hallmark card? And what would it say?

I choose a classy poem by none other than Walt Whitman:

To a Common Prostitute

by Walt Whitman

Be composed -be at ease with me -I am Walt Whitman, liberal and lusty as Nature,

Not till the sun excludes you do I exclude you,

Not till the waters refuse to glisten for you and the leaves to rustle for

you, do my words refuse to glisten and rustle for you.

My girl I appoint with you an appointment, and I charge you that you make

preparation to be worthy to meet me,

And I charge you that you be patient and perfect till I come.

Till then I salute you with a significant look that you do not forget me.

I guess that's how they talked back in the day. "I appoint you with an appointment" LMAO

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

i am going to celebrate...by taking a ####### to the park for lunch

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835