scandal

What the French toast!

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Seriously. Now what fukcing c0cksucking m0therfukcer ####### ####### is gonna say "what the french toast"??

Interventions?? Workshops?? OMFG. LMFAO. #######. Don't we have enough REAL problems people?

The day they pull me aside for office profanity is the day I become unemployed :crying:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/chi...,0,223101.story

Deleting expletives at work

Diane Stafford, McClatchy/Tribune News

May 27, 2009

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - -- Expletive excess in public venues and workplaces is a rising tide.

From White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel to former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich to actor Christian Bale -- who infamously spewed a 3 1/2 -minute F-bomb rant on the set of the latest "Terminator" film -- the air brims with cussing.

A study published two years ago in the Leadership & Organization Development Journal suggested that swearing can be a healthy release in high-pressure workplaces.

Though 40 percent of business owners in a SurePayroll.com survey admitted swearing on the job, 80 percent said it is out of place at work and gives the wrong impression. Only 11 percent saw it as a justified pressure valve or morale booster.

Jim O'Connor, spurred by the ubiquity of foul speech, founded the Cuss Control Academy, which does "interventions" and job-site workshops.

"We need to ask ourselves why we're swearing. We need to understand the negativity, laziness or whatever is the root cause and address that," said O'Connor, who wrote "Cuss Control: The Complete Book on How to Curb Your Cursing."

SurePayroll President Michael Alter has some suggestions:

--Take repeat offenders aside, privately, and remind them of no-profanity expectations in the office.

--Make it clear that profanity offends co-workers and customers and that everyone should try to quash it on the job.

--Make up some "code" cuss words. He said one company decided on "brother trucker" and "what the French toast."

--Start a "swearing fund" that people must contribute to when the expletives fly. That one can backfire, as anyone who's seen the hilarious Budweiser "swear jar" ad knows.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Geez.

What's next? Fart control?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
gtfo1.gif

** that sh!t.

I FUCK1NG LOVE LOVE LOVE Ari Gold on Entourage.

Jeremy Piven is a GOD of comedy. He made that show the hilarity that it is .

Awesome awesome awesome. Just fuck1ng awesome.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wait, isn't that what we American's are known for?? Our foul mouth? C'mon.....what will they try to take away from us next??

I've had it with these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!

smiley-laughing024.gif

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, we certainly are a far less formal society than we once were. I'm not saying it is worse or better...just different. I feel sorry people my parent's age when they go out in public because people will openly swear in public without any regard for who is around them...even small children.

Edited by Col. 'Bat' Guano

Filed: Timeline
:lol: who cares? actually, I've only ever worked in kitchens and in a lab. kitchens are all sex talk and b*tching people out and yelling, lab is just joking around while we work. I'd have to actually work in a different environment to see if it actually matters. maybe if you're a librarian, cussing out a kid is probably a bad idea. I dunno. I agree that we have more real problems to worry about.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

f##k 'em all....

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well, we certainly are a far less formal society than we once were. I'm not saying it is worse or better...just different. I feel sorry people my parent's age when they go out in public because people will openly swear in public without any regard for who is around them...even small children.

Things just ain't the way they used to be, Steven.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
Wow. I cringed at some of the vocabulary in here. I honestly don't like how freely people swear these days. It's like a stain on a nice piece of clothing. The clothing remains perfectly good and wearable, but it no longer looks nice.

Potty mouth isn't anything new. Certainly sailors and soldiers have always cursed freely. ("Curse like a sailor..."). In SNAFU and FUBAR, the WWII expressions , the "F" isn't the sanitized 'fouled' sometimes seen in the dictionary -- it was always iintended as "fukced" by the soldiers who used the terms.

Have any of you seen the HBO series Deadwood? It's set in 1880s North Dakota in a small western mining town. The language on that show is fabulous! And supposedly historically accurate. Certainly in blue-color settings - dockworkers, farmhands, etc. it has always been common to use the f-word liberally throughout everyday speech.

Even in white-color office settings, it's always been there. Seen Mad Men? Set in early 1960s Madison Avenue advertising firm? Lots of blue language and sexual innuendo (and sex!) going on in the office. We didn't invent this stuff just now, people.

What I think is true is that the frequency has changed in the media. For decades it was banned in the cinema, until it became common for Hollywood movies to include profanity in the 1960s and 70s. And on TV/radio the FCC has continued to lock down the public airwaves - we all know George Carlin's "7 words you can't say on TV". But the difference is that with cable (especially HBO) and the Internet, we all have been exposed to it in such greater volume that it's lost a lot of its shock value.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I've worked in a wide array of companies and government jobs, and in all, cursing was acceptable except in the presence of the general public, or to clients. Otherwise, ** em, it's fair game :lol: