stace

please i need some advice im in uk and bf is in usa we want to be together please!!!

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi every1, i was just wondering could anyone help me out? i am 17rs old and 18 in january, i have a boyfriend in the usa and i live in the uk, i am going to visit 4 2 months in november, i am told 4 me to live there i need to fill in a k1 form? and im going over so we can have some photos taken together, i am told we need to do this. i wanted to move next year to america with my boyfriend in missouri, we met in March and have been crazy about each other since! also does anybody know if we need to go by ani law papers and that if we want to get engaged? because we were thinkin about this in november! if i go visit him for the first time in november could anyone tel me aprox how long it will take me to get my lil but over there 2 live with him, we just want to start a new life together and we were thinkin about possible marriage in the future maybe at the end of the year we are serious about each other! please can anyone give ani advice?

stacey x :innocent:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should spend time reading the guides on this site, they will give you a better insight.

A K1 Visa means that you are intending to marry within 90 days of entering the US.....

Best of luck on your journey.. :dance:

Please read your Visa FAqs at the top of the page and the guides it will give you loads of information

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

You're young... maybe you can consider getting a student visa and stay in the US to get to know each other for a little bit... or maybe he can get a student visa in the UK to get to know you...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

wow....

yeah...read the guides like the other posters have mentioned. the k-1 form is for the USC to petition for a foreign fiancé. it's a long journey for some...and you cannot remain in the US for the whole duration of the visa journey.

best of luck whatever you decide to do

You're young... maybe you can consider getting a student visa and stay in the US to get to know each other for a little bit... or maybe he can get a student visa in the UK to get to know you...

yeah...that's a great idea. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

oh boy....

One of the things you'll have to do IF you get engaged is provide evidence of your relationship. ONE of the pieces of that evidence is proving that you have met in person within the previous two years of your file date. Have you met in person yet, or will this trip in November be your first meeting?

You can travel to the US without a visitor's VISA but cannot enter with the intent to immigrate or you will be denied entry. Plan to have evidence of your ties back home... return ticket, letter from your employer, etc. when you do travel

Given your ages, you should know that your sponsor needs to have an income that is 125% over the poverty level in order to prove that he can support you financially when you arrive.

There's a lot of information on this site that you should absorb while you are waiting to travel to the US...

There are several paths you can follow if you choose to make your relationship permanent... look at the FAQ section for some info about the different options.

Jen

Edited by JenT

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Timeline

yes i know lol

tht is wat i want to do but in november i want to engae him first i was just wondering do i need to fill anything in to be his fiancee?

i want to get married to him next year when i move over but i dont know how to go about this?

stacey x thnx 4 ur reply x :)

i want to get married to him next year when i move over but i dont know how to go about this?

That's what the guides will help you to understand! Happy reading!

SA4userbar.jpg

In addition to looking at the guides, I'd like to forwarn you regarding income requirements. I assume that your soon-to-be fiance is young too. There are minimum income requirements that will have to be met to be approved at the consulate and then again when you try to adjust status. Currently, the guidelines require his income to be $16,500/year. Perhaps he already satisfies this requirement, but I see all too often with very young couples that this isn't considered until late in the process and becomes a real problem.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/for...iles/I-864p.pdf

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

yes i know lol

tht is wat i want to do but in november i want to engae him first i was just wondering do i need to fill anything in to be his fiancee?

stacey x thnx 4 ur reply x :)

You don't need anything to become his fiancee except a proposal from him and a willingness on your part to spend the rest of your life with him... you don't even need a ring. That's between you and him.

How you proceed from there is a whole different ball game.

Given your age, you're best bet is find an adult (sorry - you're not one yet) nearby and in person to help you sort this out. You have a long road ahead of you and you don't have the life experience yet to know what you're getting yourself into. No one here can hold your hand through this process. We're here to help with advice and support but you have to do your own research and do this yourself.

Edited by JenT

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My thoughts exactly...give it some time...please do not rush into anything as serious as marriage...

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also he needs to be domiciled in the US. And the 125% depends on the number of people living in a household. If he's still living with his parents (and brothers and sisters) you have to include them too. But if he has his own place, and he decides to petition you, then you only need at least $16,500.

Here's a step by step of the k1 process:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

Poverty Guidelines: (125% minimum income requirement)

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/for...iles/I-864p.pdf

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

THE GUIDES ARE THERE FOR YOU TO DO SOME RESEARCH AND FIND OUT WHAT IS INVOLVED PLEASE READ THEM FIRST - Also read my thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19434

As everyone else has stated the immigration journey is very very stresssful and you may not have the life experience to deal with such life stress, take time to get to know each other in person first and see how you both are around each other before you rush into marriage. Besides the immigration journey isnt cheap - and if your american boyfriend isnt earning then it falls on his parents or someone to co-sponsor you and provide funds etc. Go visit him in november - see how you both fair in a face to face relationship - I am 38 and my fiance is 31 and we have known each other for over 4 years and I have visited him 3 times so far before we decided to actually start the visa process although we had talked about it for the last 4 years it takes definate commitment on bath parts. If it was as easy as getting on the plane to just live with each other I am sure we would all be doing that but it isnt. Think hard and long and do your research by reading the guides etc and do some searches on the posts on these forums to see what is entailed before you take the big jump.

Good luck

Lina (UKC)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
:guides: Sorry, I just always wanted to use that icon :)

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.