antda

I-751: "Ant's I-751 Mailbox checking obsession adventures..."

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

It's been a month since my March 2nd I-751 transfer from the VSC to the CSC, so I hope to hear something soon from the USCIS regarding my case (hopefully an approval letter), as transfer cases at this point are supposed to have a decision to be made regarding their case soon.

It's been 8 months already that I'm still waiting for my 10yr green card!....(waiting since August 2008).....

In the meantime, I continuously check my snail-mail mailbox for any recent USCIS news.

So if you're interested, you can read about my "Ant's I-751 mailbox checking obsession adventures..." updates here:

Friday April 2nd

USPS Mail, 3pm: Sunflower seeds (from another VJer), Junk Mail

Saturday April 3rd

USPS Mail, 3pm: Electric Bill, Gas Bill, Junk Mail

Sunday April 4th

No mail, be it that today is Sunday/Holiday for USPS

Monday April 5th

In-person post office check: 9:30am

USPS Mail, 9:30am: Easter card from my MIL

Tuesday April 6th

In-person post office check: 10:00am

USPS Mail, 10:00am: Coupons for baby photo portraits

USPS Mail, 3:00pm (delivered more mail to our box): Traffic ticket letter for D, Junk Mail

Wednesday April 7th

In-person post office check: 10:30am (too late, dispatched the mail already, so will wait)

USCIS Mis-Information line: Yes, I got even more desperate and called them. Still "case pending" status.

USPS Mail, 3:00pm: Septic specifications letter (for our new land purchase), Home loans info

And the waiting still continues...

I'll keep you all updated as to what happens next. Stay tuned for further updates!

Good luck everyone, on the rest of your immigration journey.

Ant (Still waiting for I-751, Still waiting for Baby...)

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ecuaciones0809,

Thanks for reading my "entertaining posts" and thanks for the compliments... :blush:

I mainly post here fon VJ or my own sanity, as find that it helps me a lot by being on such a supportive and helpful community such as VJ....(think of it as "VJ Immigration Therapy").... :thumbs:

Lol...As well, if it helps all you VJers entertained then why not post here for that reason too?..:jest:

Good luck on the rest of your immigration journey too.

Your posts are so entertaining that while I read it I even forget about my pending case. LOL

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Hi KingCan,

I agree, it's stressful to have a baby coming soon...And believe me, I'm stressed out about that too...

And in the grand scheme of things, I don't care if I ever get that plastic card (especially more so that I have to give it up later for citizenship anyways). Rather it is the "approved" status that I care more about, as that makes a difference between whether or not I can stay in the USA or not (lol..and yes, the possiblity of deportation is a stress too). Oh and did I mention that the loss of paying immigration fees and not getting the quality of service for what I paid for financial risk and a waste too, especially when we're on a really tight budget now?

Funny, how posting here about immigration instead "takes my mind off" from the stresses of having a baby...So in that sense, the baby is a lot less stressful (and a lot more fun) to wait for too!

Lol...It's just waiting for both at the same time that things tend to be... :wacko:

Good luck on the rest of your immigration journey too.

I would be more stressed about having a baby coming soon than a plastic card. Just my opinion :innocent:
Edited by AntandD

Hello Ant,

Love reading your posts. I know your feeling. I opened my home mail box today, there was nothing. I opened my work mail box today, it's full of bills but no checks. Both disppointed me.

Sorry to hear that there's still no news for you. Hope you get the approval letter soon. Don't give up! :star:

jasminelily

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Hi Jasminelily,

Thanks for enjoying my VJ posts and thanks for the compliments... :blush:

Hope you hear something from the USCIS too. I know what you mean about getting bills, junk mail, and everything else but the USCIS letter...Very disappointing, indeed!

Don't give up either! Good luck on the rest of your immigration journey too.

Ant (Still waiting for the I-751, Still waiting for Baby...)

Hello Ant,

Love reading your posts. I know your feeling. I opened my home mail box today, there was nothing. I opened my work mail box today, it's full of bills but no checks. Both disppointed me.

Sorry to hear that there's still no news for you. Hope you get the approval letter soon. Don't give up! :star:

jasminelily

Today's Update:

Thursday April 9th

In-person post office check: 9:45 am- No Mail at all. Nothing. Nada. Ziltch.

USPS Mail, 3:00pm: No Mail at all, Again.

:crying: ....(literally)...........

Edited by AntandD

Re-edited dates...oops....

So if you're interested, you can read about my "Ant's I-751 mailbox checking obsession adventures..." updates here:

Friday April 3rd

USPS Mail, 3pm: Sunflower seeds (from another VJer), Junk Mail

Saturday April 4th

USPS Mail, 3pm: Electric Bill, Gas Bill, Junk Mail

Sunday April 5th

No mail, be it that today is Sunday/Holiday for USPS

Monday April 6th

In-person post office check: 9:30am

USPS Mail, 9:30am: Easter card from my MIL

Tuesday April 7th

In-person post office check: 10:00am

USPS Mail, 10:00am: Coupons for baby photo portraits

USPS Mail, 3:00pm (delivered more mail to our box): Traffic ticket letter for D, Junk Mail

Wednesday April 8th

In-person post office check: 10:30am (too late, dispatched the mail already, so will wait)

USCIS Mis-Information line: Yes, I got even more desperate and called them. Still "case pending" status.

USPS Mail, 3:00pm: Septic specifications letter (for our new land purchase), Home loans info

Thursday April 9th

Hi Ant, your post is entertaining, not to be laughing at your pain. I'm actually in the same baot as you, as a 03/02 transferee. The only difference is that I'm a waiver filer so there's a possibility that they'll take thier time with my file, :crying: I dont really know how CSC is with waiver filers...

Good luck to all of us waiting!!! :thumbs:

Hi Ant, your post is entertaining, not to be laughing at your pain. I'm actually in the same baot as you, as a 03/02 transferee. The only difference is that I'm a waiver filer so there's a possibility that they'll take thier time with my file, :crying: I dont really know how CSC is with waiver filers...

Hello birdlover2008,

Sorry Ant if we hijacked your thread.

From what I've been reading on VJ and other forums, seems to me that CSC is pretty good with waiver files as long as you give them lots and lots of evidence. So don't worry! :star:

jasminelily

N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Hi Birdlover2008,

Thanks for reading my "entertaining posts" and thanks for the compliments... :blush:

Nah, no problem in laughing at all. To tell you the truth, someday I'll look back and laugh at all of this, and think to myself: "now why did I worry about waiting for all of this"? In the meantime, I do find the humour in this situation, especially in finding it so that "we're all on the same boat, complaining about the incompentency of the USCIS". So yes, we all do share the same "USCIS pain", yet at the same time, as we share all of your experiences, we can laugh about it too. Oh how everyone on VJ is entertaining, indeed!

Good luck too, on your I-751 journey, especially more so too that you are filing on a waiver. Don't worry about waivers at the CSC, as what I've read from other VJ posts, they seem to process those types of files at a quicker pace than the VSC, despite that waiver case status. In the meantime, do gather more evidence if you have such, and be prepared for an rfe and/or interview, as waiver cases are more likely to have such done before approval.

Good luck too, on everyone else's immigration journey.

Hi Jasminelily,

Lol..no problem about "hijacking" my thread, as "it's not my thread, it's everyone's VJ's thread". So Everyone, feel free to post other messages in here too, as "the more messages on VJ, the more merrier and more entertaining it is here..."

Speaking of which, anyone else have any other "entertaining waiting stories" to share too?

Ant (Still waiting for I-751, Still waiting for Baby....)

Sorry Ant if we hijacked your thread.
Edited by AntandD

Speaking of which, anyone else have any other "entertaining waiting stories" to share too?

Now USCIS seems to like this crazy requirement about JOINT NAME EVERYTHING, including utilities bills. As I have posted on other threads before, I believe utilities bills are the weakest evidence ever but USCIS seems to put a heavy weight of insisting to have those. I put "my name and Matt Damon" on the electricity and cable TV bills. The utilities providers don't care what's the name as long as someone is paying the bill, I practically can have whatever name I want to be on there. I really hope USCIS understands that simple point.

It's only a joke everyone, I didn't actually do that, well...... I think I put "my name and Orlando Bloom". Hubby said he wants to put "his name and Jessica Alba". :whistle: I said fair enough. :innocent:

N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

Today's Update:

Thursday April 9th

Stop taking the medication and pick up the KoolAid! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.