chevieca

please help our paperwork was sent to the wrong office

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

when we filed our K1 we requested the montreal office (in canada) but they sent it to vancouver and when we called the national visa office they said that the vancouver office is teh only one in canada that handles K1 visas . but the vancouver office is on other side of canada, we have emailed both consulates what else can we do? or are we stuck with vancouver?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
when we filed our K1 we requested the montreal office (in canada) but they sent it to vancouver and when we called the national visa office they said that the vancouver office is teh only one in canada that handles K1 visas . but the vancouver office is on other side of canada, we have emailed both consulates what else can we do? or are we stuck with vancouver?

I'm not sure what the correct answer is for this, but I would assume that your best bet is requesting the Vancouver consulate forward the approved petition to Montreal. Also, I noticed that your timeline shows an RFE on 3/25, did you mean this to be your NOA2 date?

Regards

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
are we stuck with vancouver?

Yes.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
ok say i stay with vancouver does my medical have to be there ? or can i take that here in toronto and the interview there ?

you need to go to an approved panel physician... if there is one in toronto then you can go

YMMV

I'm a little confused... you have on your time line that you don't have your NOA2 yet, but that you had an RFE on March 25. Your petition hasn't been approved yet according to your timeline so.........

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

thats when we got the email that noa2 was approved and being sent to embassy

First of all, it would help if you could please correct your time-line. You put RFE date as 3/25 :no: when you are stating that you got approved on 3/25 :yes: .

Also, regarding your original concern...

No your request to the Montreal embassy to take your K-1 case from Vancouver will not have any outcome. Your case, once sent to an embassy is pretty much set in stone...unless for some reason your case was sent to the wrong country (which is not your case). Even in cases where the cases are sent to the wrong country take ages to send back to the right embassy...and even then, the changed embassy is not obligated to process your case...which means that it gets returned to USCIS in those cases...and not to mention the months in can take to even transfer the case between embassies.

HOWEVER...this is nothing you should worry about. Vancouver will process your case and no, you cannot get it transferred to Montreal.

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank God I'm not alone in this situation!! I'm in Montreal and my file is also being sent to Vancouver :(

I e-mailed both Vancouver and Montreal. Here's my answer from Montreal:

Yes we do conduct K1 & K3 appts at our office. If your file is in Vancouver please contact their office to have them transfer your file to our office. You may reach them at 604-642-6621.

Thank you

OP6

Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:03 PM

To: Montreal, IV

Subject: K1 visas - case number EAC.....

Hello,

My name is Julie, and my fiancé Dexter has filed the 129f petition that was approved on March 17th, 2009 by the Vermont service center. I called the National Visa Center on March 20th, 2009 to change my address from an address in Montreal to another address in Montreal. However the people at NVC tell me that my interview will be held in Vancouver instead of Montreal because they say that Montreal does not issue K1/K3 visas? Is that true? If so since when because I know of many people who received their K1 visa in Montreal.

Also, I would like to know if it would be possible to transfer my file from Vancouver to Montreal and how would I go about it.

Thank you for your reply,

Regards,

Julie

seems that it is possible to transfer but at what price? we are unsure of what we will do. I'm still waiting for Vancouver's reply. I think that what is happening is that Montreal is too busy so random cases are being sent to Vancouver. What pisses me off is that people at NVC don't know what they are talking about (including supervisors) when they say that Montreal NEVER dealt with K1s. It might be a good thing not to go to Montreal since there's more or less a 4month wait for an interview....and Vancouver makes an expensive trip so what to do??? we're still trying to figure it out.

good luck to you!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey again!

Here's Vancouver's answer to my request:

As far as I know, Montreal do process K visas. Unless they have recently changed their processing procedures which we are not aware of. Generally, we will forward your case to Montreal directly if you live in their Consular District. To date, we have not received your file from NVC.

What is your new address???

K visa unit

Vancouver, Canada

Guess I'll be going through Montreal after all! I'm gonna contact NVC to try and save time!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.