gigant

Arrested for speaking with a (cop) prostitute: what happens now?

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi

Last friday at 4am here in Queens -NY I've started a conversation with a fake prostitute, that keptp offering "free services, let just us go around the corner".....

Stupid me, I fell into the trap

And. Few steps later walking with the "b*#*" a group of cops surrounded me and arrested me for "patronizing a prostitute"; with me other 6 guys fell into the same trap;

After one and 1/2 day in jail

The judge, after I played guilty, downgraded my charges into a non-criminal charge of disorderly conduct with a fine to pay $150 + 120$ search fees.

Next year I will reapply (I withdraw the first N400 application based on the 3 years rule cos my wife filed for divorce) for the N400:

Have you ever been arrested?

Do I have to say yes??

How does this will reduce my chances of passing the interview?

Do I need a lawyer?

Pls I need to know where I stand now

Thanks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Last friday at 4am here in Queens -NY I've started a conversation with a fake prostitute, that keptp offering "free services, let just us go around the corner".....

And. Few steps later walking with the "b*#*" a group of cops surrounded me and arrested me for "patronizing a prostitute"; with me other 6 guys fell into the same trap;

The judge, after I played guilty, downgraded my charges into a non-criminal charge of disorderly conduct with a fine to pay $150 + 120$ search fees.

Next year I will reapply (I withdraw the first N400 application based on the 3 years rule cos my wife filed for divorce) for the N400:

Do I have to say yes??

Do I need a lawyer?

Thanks

You will have to say "yes" to all the questions regarding have you been arrested, been in jail etc....I would advise you to wait atleast a minimum of 2-3 years before applying for naturalization because when you provide details to the Immigration Officer interviewing you about your arrest, he/she will most likely reject your application if you apply now because your conviction falls in the published list of crimes involving moral turpitude.

If you wait 2-3 years and do not get booked into jail during this period, you can have a strong argument that you have reformed yourself and thus your chances of getting an approval will increase immensely.

Agree

behave for 2-3 years, don't talk to prostitutes anymore and answer yes to all those questions

animated_us_flag.gifN-400 Naturalization

03/23/09 Sent N-400 to Lewisville, Texas by UPS

03/25/09 delivered

03/30/09 check cashed

03/31/09 NOA

04/03/09 Touched

04/24/09 Biometrics

07/18/09 Interview letter received

08/19/09 Interview -*APPROVED*

08/27/09 Oath date -** US CITIZEN **

09/01/09 Applied for passport

09/14/09 Passport Received !!!

So it's OK to hit on prostitutes again after 2 or 3 years??? :bonk:

Also OK to take a puff if you don't inhale??? :whistle::thumbs:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Your title is a bit misleading, you not only talked with the undercover officer, you accepted the offer and proceeded to finish it..

:huh:

Then you call her a bitc* because you can't keep it in your pants?

:blink:

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Timeline
Your title is a bit misleading, you not only talked with the undercover officer, you accepted the offer and proceeded to finish it.. :huh: Then you call her a bitc* because you can't keep it in your pants? :blink:

You actually look a lot like her...

You need to understand that even the nice husband pictured wouldn't "keep it in his pences" if offered free o*** services; don't foul yourself to think the opposite

That undercovered cop was provokingly making aye contact with anyone walking neaerby inviting them to conversate and fall into the trap

Cops do a lot of these trics in minority areas of Queens just to put people in jail,

For a violation that in any other countries in the world leads max to a ticket, the US put people in jail

Its my understanding that a misdemanor disappears from background checks after 6 months: if I answer "no, never been arrested" I'm probably right as the criminal(!) Charges against me were dropped

Your title is a bit misleading, you not only talked with the undercover officer, you accepted the offer and proceeded to finish it.. :huh: Then you call her a bitc* because you can't keep it in your pants? :blink:

You actually look a lot like her...

What? I'm a guy. Bobby - hard concept to grasp I am sure.

You need to understand that even the nice husband pictured wouldn't "keep it in his pences" if offered free o*** services; don't foul yourself to think the opposite

Oh, I don't think my fiancee has anything to worry about with me (or fool herself). See, there is this little thing called honor and integrity that would stop me from doing something stupid like this. Plus when we are married, there is this little thing about the vows we give each other. (you know, only one for each other, yada yada) (I hope by now you have figured out I'm the guy posting)

That undercovered cop was provokingly making aye contact with anyone walking neaerby inviting them to conversate and fall into the trap

The big meany! How else do you expect them to make an arrest? You could of kept on walking

Cops do a lot of these trics in minority areas of Queens just to put people in jail, For a violation that in any other countries in the world leads max to a ticket, the US put people in jail

If you know they do these tricks in your area, why did you let yourself fall for it? Can't speak for the laws in other countries, but if your here in the USA, you will need to obey the US laws, and be prepared for any US consequences.

Its my understanding that a misdemanor disappears from background checks after 6 months: if I answer "no, never been arrested" I'm probably right as the criminal(!) Charges against me were dropped

Try on average of 5 years. I have seen some public records go back 10 years. Depends on the State. Regardless, if your caught lying on the form, you might experience some more US laws. Plus the question asks "Have you ever been arrested", not "Have you ever been arrested and had the charges dropped?" Now, how should you answer the question. Everyone above said to say "yes", yet your still trying to find a way to say "no"?

Edited by Bobby_Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

First...ewww.

Second....ewwwww

Third.....please don't try immigration if it's involving any kind of relationship.

Edited by ChasingAmy
  • March 25, 2008 Sent off I-129f
  • March 27, 2008 I-129f arrived at Vermont Center
  • March 28, 2008 Received and date of NOA1
  • April 3, 2008 Received NOA1 in mail-9 days since mailed off I-129f
  • April 18, 2008 Touched!
  • June 26, 2008 NOA2!!!- (email) 93 days since mailed off I-129F
  • July 2, 2008 NOA2 in mail
  • July 9, 2008 NVC received packet
  • July 14, 2008 Montreal receives packet.
  • July 21, 2008 Roger received Packet 3
  • August 1, 2008 Roger mailed off Packet 3 to Montreal
  • August 6, 2008 Packet 3 received in the morning at Montreal Consulate
  • August 11, 2008 Medical in Toronto
  • September 18, 2008 Received Packet 4 Interview letter
  • October 14, 2008 K1 Visa Interview Date
  • November 18, 2008 Crossed Port Huron border YAY
  • December 27, 2009 Married!
  • February 3, 2009 Mailed off AOS
  • February 9, 2009 AOS Checked cashed!
  • March 4, 2009 Biometrics Completed!
  • March 30, 2009 AP Approved
  • April 2, 2009 EAD Approved and card printing ordered
  • Received Permanent Resident card but no passport stamp.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
itz too ez to get in trouble at 4am. i prefer to be safe in bed.

What are people thinking when they post topics like this???!!!!I have alot of stupid, silly "off topic" things I'd like to add to this thread...LOL...i'm gonna leave this one alone...lol...but as my quoted poster said "_____________________,______________."...this much is true

Timeline
itz too ez to get in trouble at 4am. i prefer to be safe in bed.

look at all the professional athletes that get into trouble at this hour of the morning...PLAXACO...is one that hits close to home for the OP

uhhh.....hookers don't give out free bj's. :blink:

AWWW...DAMMMMMIT!!!....LOL

Hi

Do I have to say yes??

Do I need a lawyer?

Thanks

Yes to all.

:rofl:

Timeline

Thanks

Thats a real shock

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.