HSB

Documents & AOS Ready To Go

18 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I finally have all the documents ready for my wife's CR1 application, and will send to the NVC tomorrow. Just wanted to verify the checklist with everyone and see if I missed anything. Also, as I will send both AOS and Documents at the same time, is it better to use the same envelope or split them into 2 different envelopes? The address seems similar, but not sure if they will end up being reviewed by the same group. Thanks for your feedback.

Document Processing

- Cover Letter Listing Everything In The Packet

- Original Document Cover Sheet For Applicant Document Processing

- Original DS 230 Application, Part I & II: Part I Signed By The Visa Applicant, Part II Unsigned As Instructed

- Two Original Photos Of The Visa Applicant, 2 Inches By 2 Inches, NVC Guidelines Specific

Original Documents For Visa Applicant

- Birth Certificate, Issued By Government Of Dhaka, Bangladesh

- Hindu Marriage Certificate, Issued By Bangladesh National Hindu Temple

- Pre-Marriage Affidavit, Issued By Bangladesh Court & Notary Advocate

- Post-Marriage Affidavit, Issued By Bangladesh High Court First Class Magistrate

- Bangladesh National Police Certificate, Issued By Bangladesh National Home Ministry- Covering Applicant’s

Residency In Entire Bangladesh (including Dhaka & Comilla) From Birth Up To March 7, 2009

- Supplemental Local Comilla Police Certificate, Issued By Local Comilla Precinct: Specifically Covering

Applicant’s Residency In Comilla (Cantonment), Bangladesh - From 2003 To 2006

- Photocopies of all originals listed above

- Photocopy of Bangladesh Passport (Biographical Data Pages Only With Name, Date, & Place of Birth)

AOS Processing

- Cover Letter Listing Everything In The Packet

PRIMARY PROOF OF SUPPORT DOCUMENTS

- Original Document Cover Sheet For Affidavit of Support Processing

- Original Affidavit of Support I-864 Application, Fully Completed & Signed By Sponsor

- Copy Of Sponsor’s 2008 Federal Tax Returns With W-2 Statements & Other Applicable Documents

- Copy Of Sponsor’s 2007 Federal Tax Returns With W-2 Statements & Other Applicable Documents

- Copy Of Sponsor’s 2006 Federal Tax Return Transcript From The IRS

- Proof Of Current Employment: Letter From Sponsor’s Current Employer On Original Company Letterhead With

Sponsor’s Business Card At The Company

- Copy Of Sponsor’s Pay Stubs, From Most Recent Available 6.5 Months, September 2008 To March 15, 2009

SUPPLEMENTARY PROOF OF SUPPORT DOCUMENTS

- Copy Of Sponsor’s Primary Bank Account Statements, From Most Recent Available 6 Months, September

2008 To February 2009

- Copy Of Sponsor’s ROTH IRA Account Statements, Total Asset Value Pages, From Most Recent Available 6

Months, September 2008 To February 2009

- Copy Of Sponsor’s Primary 401K Account Statement, Total Account Balance Page, From Most Recent Available

6.5 Months, September 2008 To March 13, 2009

- Copy Of Sponsor’s Secondary 401K Account Statement, Total Account Balance Pages, Up To March 13, 2009

- Copy Of Sponsor’s Car Title, Car Registration, Car Insurance Card, & New York Driver’s License

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Little bit correction.

DS-230

1.Coversheet should be on the top

2.(My Personal Letter if you want to see http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=9871)

3.Any document in local language should be Translate and notarized.

4.Police Clearance Certificate from Local passport office. Make sure you have it otherwise you will get an RFE.

AOS

1. Coversheet should be on the top.

2. If using Joint-sponsor than must provide relation proof.

2. You are sending more than required.

Make sure you write a case number on every page. It will help them to relocate if they miss any or drop while processing.

You can send them in the Same envelop but you must divide them in too different pack inside envelop.

Let's see what other VJ member says.

Arun

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Make sure you write a case number on every page. It will help them to relocate if they miss any or drop while processing.

Arun

Arun+Catie,

About the statement above, I am assuming you don't need to write case # on original documents such as marriage certificate, birth critificate, etc. Can you tell us which documents you wrote case # on? Thanks for your help.

Edited by champi

IR-5 - for Mom
------------
08/27/2012 - Sent Application
08/28/2012 - NOA1 date
08/31/2012 - Received email from USCIS saying the package is accepted
09/11/2012 - Received a letter saying case transferred Lee's Summit, MO
02/15/2013 - Received an email saying case is approved
02/22/2013 - I-130 NOA2 hard copy received

NVC Journey
--------------
02/18/2013 - NVC received the case
03/11/2013 - NVC case # assigned
03/12/2013 - Petitioners' email corrected, Beneficiary's email added
03/13/2013 - DS3032 received
03/13/2013 - DS3032 email sent (was sent before the we received the DS3032)
03/13/2013 - AOS fee invoiced and Paid (shows In Progress)
03/14/2013 - AOS fee shows PAID
03/14/2013 - AOS package sent (overnight next-day delivery)
03/15/2013 - AOS package delivered to NVC on 03/15/2013 at 10:06:00
03/19/2013 - Re-sent DS-3032 email with Supervisor Review on subject
03/21/2013 - DS-3032 accepted
03/22/2013 - IV fee invoiced and paid
03/25/2013 - IV fee shows PAID
03/25/2013 - IV package sent (overnight next-day delivery)
03/26/2013 - IV package delivered to NVC on 03/26/2013 at 10:04am
03/27/2013 - AOS accepted
04/08/2013 - IV checklist found out by phone - NVC lost our marriage certificate sad.png
04/09/2013 - IV checklist email received
04/16/2013 - IV Checklist response mailed - new Marriage Certificate

04/16/2013 - Case Complete (they found our first marriage certificate during supervisor review??)
04/17/2013 - NVC received IV Checklist response
04/23/2013 - Case Complete email from NVC

05/13/2013 - Medical

06/03/2013 - Interview

Thank you God!!!!

Timeline

Arun

Arun+Catie,

About the statement above, I am assuming you don't need to write case # on original documents such as marriage certificate, birth certificates, etc. Can you tell us which documents you wrote case # on? Thanks for your help.

I USED STICKY NOTES TO WRITE MY CASE NUMBER ON MY ORIGINALS. putting one sticky note on another so they don't hangout and stick them together overlaying. use your common sense for it.

I forgot one more thing, write your case no. on the back of your photo also. you no need to use stick note for this :rofl:

Edited by Arun+Catie

Little bit correction.

DS-230

1.Coversheet should be on the top

2.(My Personal Letter if you want to see http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=9871)

3.Any document in local language should be Translate and notarized.

4.Police Clearance Certificate from Local passport office. Make sure you have it otherwise you will get an RFE.

AOS

1. Coversheet should be on the top.

2. If using Joint-sponsor than must provide relation proof.

2. You are sending more than required.

You can send them in the Same envelop but you must divide them in too different pack inside envelop.

Let's see what other VJ member says.

Arun

Hi Arun,

Thanks for the feedback. Some comments:

DS-230

1. Will be sure to put Coversheet on top, thanks!

2. Thanks for your sample, mine looks similar.

3. All docs are in English.

4. I think PCC from Passport Office is Indian applicant specific. I don't think Bangladesh passport office issues PCC and other Bangladeshi applicants I spoke to did not need this. As you are applying from India, I think the embassies in your country requires PCC's from passport office, from reading the info from Indian consulate websites.

AOS

1. Will be sure to put Coversheet on top, thanks!

2. No joint sponsors, my salary alone is more than sufficient from reading the poverty guideline.

3. I know I'm sending more than required, but don't want any troubles. It doesn't hurt, does it?

I'm planning on putting typed post-its on all docs, originals and copies, with case # and description of docs. If DS-230 and AOS should be split, I'll just send by 2 different envelopes in that case to play it safe. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

DS-230

For passport office PPC you are right it's not for Bangladesh, I looked on Bangladesh Reciprocity: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3509.html

AOS

It doesn't hurt :bonk::rofl:

just kidding

you are fine

Why to spend more money sending them in different envelop.

Make one packet of DS-230 and Make another packet of AOS and send them in they same envelop. It would be fine.

Arun

Do I need to submit photocopies of all the set?

DS-230

For passport office PPC you are right it's not for Bangladesh, I looked on Bangladesh Reciprocity: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3509.html

AOS

It doesn't hurt :bonk::rofl:

just kidding

you are fine

Why to spend more money sending them in different envelop.

Make one packet of DS-230 and Make another packet of AOS and send them in they same envelop. It would be fine.

Arun

Thanks for the input. I noticed you sent certified copies instead of originals. May I ask how you obtained certified copies of original documents? NVC guideline states certified copies have to be issued by original issuing entity, so did you have to go back to the original agencies that issued birth cert, marriage cert, etc?

Timeline

Arun

Thanks for the input. I noticed you sent certified copies instead of originals. May I ask how you obtained certified copies of original documents? NVC guideline states certified copies have to be issued by original issuing entity, so did you have to go back to the original agencies that issued birth cert, marriage cert, etc?

you misunderstood my letter,

1. we did send them all the originals not Certified (you can send certified if wants to, as you mention you need to go back to issuing authorities to certified them not notary or anything else)

2. all the certified letters are translations from Hindi to English or the conversation between me and municipality because I have a problem in DOB certificate and municipality was not correcting it. so I have to translate all the Hindi conversation into English and notarized it.

3. I certified my parents affidavit for my DOB discrepancy from First class magistrate that was the requirement from NVC for secondary evidence.

Arun

you misunderstood my letter,

1. we did send them all the originals not Certified (you can send certified if wants to, as you mention you need to go back to issuing authorities to certified them not notary or anything else)

2. all the certified letters are translations from Hindi to English or the conversation between me and municipality because I have a problem in DOB certificate and municipality was not correcting it. so I have to translate all the Hindi conversation into English and notarized it.

3. I certified my parents affidavit for my DOB discrepancy from First class magistrate that was the requirement from NVC for secondary evidence.

oroginals and photocopies should be send to NVC? Iam about to send my package also but do I need to send photocopies also for the whole set?please answer

Timeline

[

originals and photocopies should be send to NVC? I am about to send my package also but do I need to send photocopies also for the whole set?please answer

Many people on VJ have different thoughts about this matter.

We didn't send any photocopy except passport biographic page and didn't get an RFE

We also wanted to send them photocopies but when we talk to NVC they replied they don't require (why they are charging $400)

all this confusion is because they require photocopy of passport biographic page. Call NVC and conform for yourself and post here.

let us see what's your experience says.

Once again We didn't send any photocopy except passport biographic page and didn't get an RFE

Arun

Edited by Arun+Catie

[
originals and photocopies should be send to NVC? I am about to send my package also but do I need to send photocopies also for the whole set?please answer

We didn't send any photocopy except passport biographic page and didn't get an RFE

We also wanted to send them photocopies but when we talk to NVC they replied they don't require (why they are charging $400)

all this confusion is because they require photocopy of passport biographic page. Call NVC and conform for yourself and post here.

Once again We didn't send any photocopy except passport biographic page and didn't get an RFE

Arun

I just want to ask one more thing.do I need to write my case number and name at the back of the picture for the ds230 package?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
[

Arun

I just want to ask one more thing.do I need to write my case number and name at the back of the picture for the ds230 package?

Well...

We didn't send any photocopy either except passport biographic page and didn't get an RFE

However, I will take a set of photocopy of DS 230 package at my interview.

Sonia

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Many people on VJ probably do have different thoughts on including a photocopy of each document - as well as the original - however the bottom line is that it is in the instructions - and it is not just confusion about the biographic page of the passport:

Photocopy Requirement link

In addition to sending the original documents or certified copies of the documents to the NVC, the applicant and each accompanying family member must submit a photocopy of the original documents or certified copies of the documents.

This started to be a requirement last year. Now as some have mentioned, if you don't photocopy everything you may not get an RFE, so I am not saying you will. However I would look at it from the point of view of the person who is going to look at your paperwork - try to think of it from their angle.

Maybe cut down on some of the documents you do not need to send (like all your extra financial info that is not needed - as you state your income is more that enough) and focus on what they actually request from you.

Just ensure your husband/wife has all the back up documents with him/her.

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.