sara.....

one year or + waiting

74 posts in this topic

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok thought it was maybe time to make a one year or plus club come on in and lets at least have somebody to talk to to help support each other or just flat rant what ever makes u feel better!!!!

sara

since 2007????? :wacko::wacko::wacko::bonk::wow: I am speechless!!!!!!!!!!!

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

'k let me be the second one here. I have been reading everyone's disappointment about hearing or reading that they are in security/background checks. But I actually feel good to hear something!!!! It has been no touch, letter or email since September. Then at that time they said give us 60 days. November came and went - nothing. So now at the beginning of the year we asked for Congressman, Senator and Ombudsman's help. This is what we got from them, but our file may at least be near the top now? Grr

Well hopefully we will be out of here soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
ok thought it was maybe time to make a one year or plus club come on in and lets at least have somebody to talk to to help support each other or just flat rant what ever makes u feel better!!!!

sara

since 2007????? :wacko::wacko::wacko::bonk::wow: I am speechless!!!!!!!!!!!

sadly there are a few of us around and some even longer than me that just contact me on im on yahoo cuz they cant stand seeing everyone approved tht applied so much later than they did is very heart breaking for everyone involved

sara

'k let me be the second one here. I have been reading everyone's disappointment about hearing or reading that they are in security/background checks. But I actually feel good to hear something!!!! It has been no touch, letter or email since September. Then at that time they said give us 60 days. November came and went - nothing. So now at the beginning of the year we asked for Congressman, Senator and Ombudsman's help. This is what we got from them, but our file may at least be near the top now? Grr

Well hopefully we will be out of here soon.

truthfully i would be as happy as can be if there was no one that was in this tread waiting as long as i have.........but some of the people on the six month club have told me they also been waiting for over a year and folks u dont have to be on k1 visa to talk it dont matter what visa u applied for over a year is way to long for anyone no matter what visa it is ur waiting on

sara

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

In one way we are lucky, I guess. I was here, US, from May - October last year. Then come January 2 I came back for 6 months, at least as a Canadian I can come back and visit for that long. If we hear nothing by the end of June, I'll have to go back and my SO will have to come visit me until next January. Unfortunately, he cannot visit that long as he only has 3 weeks vacation from work. So it will be hit and miss to visit. This really sucks, but I have never known love like this b4 and it makes the relationship sweeter. Plus, I get to re-arrange his home, paint and garden in February!! Dang, in Canada they still have -30 C weather and 3 feet of snow. I love to make them jealous by sending pics of my beets, cauliflower and other produce growing, lol.

Timeline
In one way we are lucky, I guess. I was here, US, from May - October last year. Then come January 2 I came back for 6 months, at least as a Canadian I can come back and visit for that long. If we hear nothing by the end of June, I'll have to go back and my SO will have to come visit me until next January. Unfortunately, he cannot visit that long as he only has 3 weeks vacation from work. So it will be hit and miss to visit. This really sucks, but I have never known love like this b4 and it makes the relationship sweeter. Plus, I get to re-arrange his home, paint and garden in February!! Dang, in Canada they still have -30 C weather and 3 feet of snow. I love to make them jealous by sending pics of my beets, cauliflower and other produce growing, lol.

wow thats great that u guys at least get to see each other!!!! me im headed for life in india if nothing happens by june i cant take it much more and if it was not for medical reasons i cant fly right now i would have left already either way im excited because i know by the very least i will be married by sept :D

Timeline
the strange thing about it is a year seams like forever but when they finally get here and are here a year you think...boy that went fast.

wow i know it seems hard for me to realize that now but im sure ur right

sara

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm not a part of the group (hopefully I never will have to be)...but I just wanted to show some support to you all. It has been 7 months since I last saw my fiance'. I normally don't go longer than 3 to 4 months so this is very hard for us. Our 5th year anniversary will be in July, and I hope that he is here before then. I can't travel because of complications with neck surgery in November.

I pray that this thread stops soon because all of you get approved, and no longer need to post about your wait. I am so heartbroken for you guys. Keep the faith and keep speaking God's mercy and favor. :blush:(L)(L)(L)

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi I just wanted to offer my support here, and I pray to GOD that you guys get approved soon. It's just WRONG that anyone should have to wait so long. The thing I don't understand is that the USCIS just posted their announcement that FBI checks pending more then six months had all been cleared. What on earth are they doing with people's files then?! It doesn't make sense. I hope soon good news comes your way very soon.xoxo (L)

Timeline

thanks for the support u guys and i hope non of u ever have to join this thread but ur most welcome to come here anytime u want, as for their report of six months security clearance.......they always seem to find away around it so it dont really mean much but i will say this they have been doing a lot of house cleaning at least on the six month thread i think there are only a hand full of us left there

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

add me to the one year waiting list, this march 18 2009 it will be 1 year since we applied for the k1 visa, sad thing is that my fiancee is pregnant with our first child, and everytime i call uscis, they always clean their hands with this security checks. it looks like the only solution to this delay is to file a law suit in federal court. i wish all of us that are stuck in this limbo good luck and may god be with all of us in this long and difficult journey.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-18

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2010-01-14

NOA Date : 2010-01-21

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Timeline
add me to the one year waiting list, this march 18 2009 it will be 1 year since we applied for the k1 visa, sad thing is that my fiancee is pregnant with our first child, and everytime i call uscis, they always clean their hands with this security checks. it looks like the only solution to this delay is to file a law suit in federal court. i wish all of us that are stuck in this limbo good luck and may god be with all of us in this long and difficult journey.

oh man im really sorry i hope u get ur noa2 very fast

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i spoke with my attorney today, he said that we should not be in security checks for so long, a k1 fiancee visa is an non immigrant visa, and according to the laws, only immigrant visas are subject of long securty checks. it's just so unfair what they are doing to us. here we are, waiting for this papers, while our other half is waiting half a world away suffering, anxiously waiting hoping that one day we can be together

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-18

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.