ariesgirl

my k3 application forwarded to Fraud unit

74 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was interviewed at the embassy last february 23, 2009 for my k3 visa application, but unfortunately, my papers were forwarded to fraud unit. During my interview with the consular i was hit by the issue of age gap. My husband is far older than me. The consul bluntly told me that he dont believe theres true love, and he rather accept my answer if i would just be honest and tell him that after i got my greencard i will divorce my husband. I was shocked because it never came on my mind, never been in my plans. I tried to convinced him but his mind was closed to that idea. Then after that, I was asked to proceed at room 1206, where i filled up and answered 2 pages back to back questionnaire. but after i finished that, i thought i will be interviewed right away just like the two men earlier than me, but the officer in charge told me that i will be called within a week for the interview schedule, but they didnt called me until friday so at 4pm february 27, i called the FPU and asked about the status of my apllication, the woman named Ms. Rose told me to call her back again on march 2, today for the listing of additional requirements she might be needing.

I dont know what will happen next, or how long it will take. Is there anyone here who can help me, to give me some insights or ideas on what should i expect or what should i prepare. Thanks in advance

09-24-2008: I-130 sent

10-01-2008: I-130 NOA1

10- -2008: I-129F sent

11-01-2008: I-129F NOA1

01-21-2009: I-129F NOA2

01-23-2009: I-130 approved

02-07-2009: received letter from NVC - Choice of Agent and Address form.

02-23-2009: USEM Interview for k3 (but case forwarded to FPU)

03-02-2009: called FPU for the listing of additional requirements

03-12-2009: returned to FPU, submitted documents and had an interview.

03-15-2009: received an email from NVC - bill to agent $400 processing fee and paid it

03-26-2009: done with the fraud unit

03-30-2009: recieved the instruction packet for CR-1

05-09-2009: visa received

05-12-2009: my flight to Sacramento California

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Did you finally answer his question or were you just so shocked that you choked?

(F)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

What is the age gap?

I thought if you sent relationship proof in to USCIS, that they could not use proof of relationship against you or is that a misconception, I also thought that the consulate officer was not to re adjudicate unless there was clear and convincing evidence of fraud. Wasn’t there a memorandum sent out by the state department a little while stating just that?

Timeline
Did you finally answer his question or were you just so shocked that you choked?

(F)

Hi Lisa. The first thing he asked me is our age, then when he heard my answer he sat up straight facing me and he started to interrogate me about the age gap. i tried to contradict and firmly answered him that i wont do that, and i love my husband, we were almost in 2 years relationship before we got married. But he insisted that, he dont believe theres true love, and just be honest to him that i will only divorce my husband after i got my greencard and when i answered him ' No sir i wont do that to him", he answered me back.." No, im telling you, you can divorve him after you got your greencard". I was really dismayed.

03-15-2009: received an email from NVC - bill to agent $400 processing fee and paid it

We also had the interview with the fraud unit. They will try to confuse you and have you make mistakes. Take you're time and be sure of the question before you answer. My wife was in the annex lobby all day. After the interview it took two months and seventeen days before the visa arrived. I am the US citizen, and was in constant contact with the embassy. Try to remember all the questions that was on the two pages, they will ask them again. It is important that you answer the questions.

Our age difference is twenty six years. We made it and are praying that you have good results...... :thumbs:

Timeline
Interesting so explain to us a little about the age gap and did you tell them you wanted to have kids and raise a family?

I am 30 and he is 60 yrs old. And i firmly believe, love is not being measured by the age. I know age does matter with others but it doesnt to me. i know the consul is doubting my real intention but no one can judge me except for my husband, he is the only one who knows me.

I was interviewed at the embassy last february 23, 2009 for my k3 visa application, but unfortunately, my papers were forwarded to fraud unit. During my interview with the consular i was hit by the issue of age gap. My husband is far older than me. The consul bluntly told me that he dont believe theres true love, and he rather accept my answer if i would just be honest and tell him that after i got my greencard i will divorce my husband. I was shocked because it never came on my mind, never been in my plans. I tried to convinced him but his mind was closed to that idea. Then after that, I was asked to proceed at room 1206, where i filled up and answered 2 pages back to back questionnaire. but after i finished that, i thought i will be interviewed right away just like the two men earlier than me, but the officer in charge told me that i will be called within a week for the interview schedule, but they didnt called me until friday so at 4pm february 27, i called the FPU and asked about the status of my apllication, the woman named Ms. Rose told me to call her back again on march 2, today for the listing of additional requirements she might be needing.

I dont know what will happen next, or how long it will take. Is there anyone here who can help me, to give me some insights or ideas on what should i expect or what should i prepare. Thanks in advance

Don't offer anything.

JUST TELL THEM HOW MUCH YOU LOVE YOUR HUSBAND AND WANT TO LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER WITH HIM.

I had a friend I helped > She was 23 and he was 63. 40 year age gap. The pinay has been here for a year and are both extremely happy. My asawa saw her the day after their one year aniversary here and the pinay couldn't walk that good but she was smiling BIGTIME !!! LOL :devil:

If they ask you any questions you can answer "because I love him so much" or "because we are in love" Answer that way and you will be fine!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

What is the age gap?

I thought if you sent relationship proof in to USCIS, that they could not use proof of relationship against you or is that a misconception, I also thought that the consulate officer was not to re adjudicate unless there was clear and convincing evidence of fraud. Wasn’t there a memorandum sent out by the state department a little while stating just that?

Unfortunate, the CO can do just about anything that they wish!

Timeline
What is the age gap?

i presented lots of documents showing genuine relationship and marriage but it seems the issue of age difference would be a big deal. Its hard to convinced them that it just so happen that i fell in love with older man and i cannot see any wrong with that......... :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am 10 yrs older than my wife, and i am sure there are bigger age gaps here on VJ while you dont have to say that is a big indicator for fraud in the PI not saying that is the case here, but without knowing any backround of your case it will be hard to overcome, but hang in there.

I am 10 yrs older than my wife, and i am sure there are bigger age gaps here on VJ while you dont have to say that is a big indicator for fraud in the PI not saying that is the case here, but without knowing any backround of your case it will be hard to overcome, but hang in there.

john&jean 26 years difference jasman and claudeth 32 years difference both went through in manila......

Timeline
We also had the interview with the fraud unit. They will try to confuse you and have you make mistakes. Take you're time and be sure of the question before you answer. My wife was in the annex lobby all day. After the interview it took two months and seventeen days before the visa arrived. I am the US citizen, and was in constant contact with the embassy. Try to remember all the questions that was on the two pages, they will ask them again. It is important that you answer the questions.

Our age difference is twenty six years. We made it and are praying that you have good results...... :thumbs:

thank you for your post. It gave me hope. I'm looking forward for a positive outcome. I hope God will clear up their minds on their misjudgement. Thanks for the prayer.

Timeline
Don't offer anything.

JUST TELL THEM HOW MUCH YOU LOVE YOUR HUSBAND AND WANT TO LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER WITH HIM.

I had a friend I helped > She was 23 and he was 63. 40 year age gap. The pinay has been here for a year and are both extremely happy. My asawa saw her the day after their one year aniversary here and the pinay couldn't walk that good but she was smiling BIGTIME !!! LOL :devil:

If they ask you any questions you can answer "because I love him so much" or "because we are in love" Answer that way and you will be fine!

I would keep that in mind. thanks for your post.

What does your husband think about this?

He probably should have been there at interview with such a large age gap but there is nothing you can do about that now.

He should be on the phone to his congressman or representative first thing Monday morning. He needs to get involved to show he is interested and you have valid marriage.

You need to show the marriage is valid not that it is viable. So he needs to get involved ASAP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.