millie2

I-751 Criminal History Documents (submit again?)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I'm just about to file the I-751 and noticed that the instructions say:

"If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason, and charges were filed, or if charges were filed against you without an arrest, submit:

2. An original or court-certified copy of the complete arrest record and/or disposition for each incident, (e. g. dismissal order, conviction record, or acquittal order)"

I had a DUI a long time ago and submitted the court certified copies of the incident when I filed the I-130/I-485 (police report & court's final disposition).

So, now with the I-751, I'm wondering should I obtain the same court certified copies of the incident again (which USCIS should still have on file) and submit them to USCIS again...?

Many many thanks for any help!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hello,

"If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason, and charges were filed, or if charges were filed against you without an arrest, submit:

2. An original or court-certified copy of the complete arrest record and/or disposition for each incident, (e. g. dismissal order, conviction record, or acquittal order)"

I had a DUI a long time ago and submitted the court certified copies of the incident when I filed the I-130/I-485 (police report & court's final disposition).

So, now with the I-751, I'm wondering should I obtain the same court certified copies of the incident again (which USCIS should still have on file) and submit them to USCIS again...?

Yes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes. I had to send in the original court document stating that they have no records of the case (charged with windsurfing without a life jacket! back in 1982). Since the N400 requests another original I needed to request another original court document stating the same thing. You think one original would be sufficient but originals are required for both removal of conditions and citizenship.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Yes. I had to send in the original court document stating that they have no records of the case (charged with windsurfing without a life jacket! back in 1982). Since the N400 requests another original I needed to request another original court document stating the same thing. You think one original would be sufficient but originals are required for both removal of conditions and citizenship.

charged with windsurfing without a life jacket! :blink:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Millie2,

In answer to your questions:

-It does include all records ever regardless of country and/or timeframe.

-The records have to be "an original or court certified copy", as stated in the instructions on the

I-751 application forms.

Sorry that you had a record a long time ago before, and have to have that "catch up with him now" for US immigration purposes. I agree, you would think that they would have these orignal records before, and just look them up. I guess not then, as they want to make it even more "difficult" for those who have had records before.

Since you need these certified records for both the I-751 and for the N-400, then you should get several extra certified copies of them now, so that you can use them for now and for later too (lol..and in case some incompentent worker loses your paperwork). Also note that since you are getting records from another country, make sure that you can get them properly paid for (I assume that the courts will charge that country's currency fee for these certified records) and make sure you get them shipped over here to the USA in time for you to have the paperwork ready for when you file the I-751 soon.

If you have any more questions about this topic, feel free to PM about this too...

Hope this helps. Good luck on the rest of your immigration journey too.

Ant (Still waiting at the VSC, Still waiting for Baby...)

Hello,

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

charged with windsurfing without a life jacket! :blink:

Yep - a violation of the Shipping Act - water vessels of a certain size are supposed to carry specific items, one of which is a life jacket. I wasn't carrying flares or a bailing can either but they didn't seem as concerned about those. Since there was no specified fine I had to go to court in front of a judge, who actually said 'This is ridiculous!'. I was fined $10. The local newspaper even wrote up the story (there were 3 of us in court that day on the same charge), so I also included a photocopy of the newspaper account with my different applications, since the court document basically states that they no longer have any record of the event.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.