babydoll**

Medical Issue

14 posts in this topic

So, when I got my results for my medical, there was a note attached saying that there was something abnormal seen on my chest x-ray. Went to see my doctor and after many tests I found out yesterday that it is Hodgkin's (a type of cancer). The problem is that I have my interview next month. With treatment and such we can't get married in October. Does anyone know if they might extend the process or will we have to start again?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

since you have an interview scheduled, I'd call the consulate and ask them what your options are as your medical results will have an impact

getting the visa might have to be put on the side-burner for now as you need to take care of your health

be strong, you'll get through this

Thanks so much.. I was planning to call the consulate. It wouldn't be until I have a clean bill of health that I would start with the visa again.

It's just difficult to figure out. Thanks so much for the support!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I agree with Wally, Your health is most important. Not sure what to tell you about your visa. I would go ahead and call the consulate. My fiance is getting his medical tomorrow. He is so anxious, even thought he is healthy. It is the unseen problems that scares him. So sorry that you got this news from your doctor. Stay strong. Good luck.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If your interview is in July (you say it's next month), then you have 6 months, which would be January, in order to use it. Then, after you activite the Visa, you have 90 days to get married.

I am sorry to hear of your health problem..... you and your fiance will be able to support each other through this.

Good luck and best wishes to you both.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

If your interview is in July (you say it's next month), then you have 6 months, which would be January, in order to use it. Then, after you activite the Visa, you have 90 days to get married.

I am sorry to hear of your health problem..... you and your fiance will be able to support each other through this.

Good luck and best wishes to you both.

I don't know if they would still allow me to enter on my visa if I'm currently sick.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I thought that the only thing they are worried about with your medical exam is that you dont have a condition that others can catch or that is easily spread to the mass's.They can deny your visa because you have cancer? i dont see how a person having cancer is a threat to anyone except that person.

Maybe you should look into that before you get all worried about your interview.

But yes you should deffinatly go and see what your options are for treatment a.s.a.p. and in the mean time find out if that diagnosis is a valid reason for denial of visa.

phili.gifflorida.gif

Cheap long distance---> http://www.talkloop.com/ref/ref.aspx?l=D145D6D060D5688 FREE $2.50 credit

BIG HUGS and prayers and thoughts are going your way. This must seem awful right now, especially as it impacts your visa/marriage plans, but I hope this means they caught a very nasty disease early and will have you healthy in no time.

I also hope your fiance will be able to come and be with you through this - support and a positive attitude can make all the difference.

Good luck. (L)(L)(L)

:star: Joey

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

BIG HUGS and prayers and thoughts are going your way. This must seem awful right now, especially as it impacts your visa/marriage plans, but I hope this means they caught a very nasty disease early and will have you healthy in no time.

I also hope your fiance will be able to come and be with you through this - support and a positive attitude can make all the difference.

Good luck. (L)(L)(L)

YES, what Joey said :yes:

Good Luck with your treatment :thumbs:

and thank goodness you had the X-Ray & this was found sooner rather than later :yes:

Edited by euro

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
So, when I got my results for my medical, there was a note attached saying that there was something abnormal seen on my chest x-ray. Went to see my doctor and after many tests I found out yesterday that it is Hodgkin's (a type of cancer). The problem is that I have my interview next month. With treatment and such we can't get married in October. Does anyone know if they might extend the process or will we have to start again?

Babydoll

You poor thing - this is the last thing you needed, right? Well I am here to tell you that you WILL get through this. I had Hodgkins too. It's 97% curable. You will get through it and be back to a normal life in no time. Regarding your visa, there should be ZERO issue. You do not have a contagious disease.

An important question you should ask is regarding your doctors/hospitals in your location vs. where your fiance lives. You may want to move, get married and start your treatment in the US where he can support you emotionally and probably also provide health insurance as well. If it makes more sense to have your treatment in Canada, you can probably get an extenson on the visa without a problem.

If there is anything at all I can do to provide you with support, please feel free to PM me.

I know.. if I hadn't had the chest x-ray we wouldn't know I was sick until "who knows when"

I'm a perfectly healthy person and I have no symptoms.. the outlook is good. Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts. Much appeciated!!

We don't want to have to start the whole K1 process over again, seeing as it went so well the first time. But hopefully something will work out. I wish I knew if anyone had to deal with the same issue!

KitKat

I am so happy to know that you have dealt with Hodgkin's. I'm told that of all the cancers, it has the best success rate.. not to mention that those treated go on to live full lives. I think that I am going to stay here in Canada. Most of my treatment is covered, so that is the best choice for me. Would you suggest I go ahead with my visa interview?

I think I would and explain the situation, maybe take a note from the oncologist you've followed up with (or general md, whatever). I know we all rag on this system, because it has serious flaws and delays, but I have to believe they'll be more than happy to extend your visa. This is a case of you having a non-communicable disease that you need to deal with. I have to believe whatever extra hassle/paperwork might come up, withdrawing your petition now then reapplying later will give just as much hassle, etc...

Tell that man of yours to get working on that and you concentrate on being healthy! :P:)

Best of luck and I'm so glad KitKat had such encouraging words!

Edited by Joey559

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi babydoll,

I'm so sorry to hear that, I wish you all the best and you will make it!!!! Your health first of all is the most important thing now, good luck for everything!!!!

K1 VISA: 07/25/06 GOT VISA!!!!!!

30th of September 2006 WEDDING

AOS:01/29/2007 received Permanent Resident Card (GC)

ROC:04/11/2009 received Permanent Resident Card (GC) expiring in 2019!!!!

N-400:

on 05/21/2010 Sent out docs to Arizona Lockbox Facility address via USPS

on 06/30/2010 Biometrics

on 09/24/2010 Interview Day - Passed the Test

on 10/19/2010 Oath - USA CITIZEN!!!!!

on 10/20/2010 I requested the US Passport

on 11/02/2010 the US Passport was received by Priority Mail

on 11/03/2010 @ the Social Security Office I changed my status from Resident to US Citizen

ON THE 3RD OF NOV.2010 MY JOURNEY ENDS, WHICH STARTED IN DEC. 2005!!!!!!!THANKS TO VJ & VJ PPL!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-2 Country: China
Timeline

Thank goodness for the medical exam, I have a friend with Hodgkins and he is doing wonderful years after his initial treatment. Good luck and a speedy recovery-jay

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Guangzhou, China

I-129F Sent : 2006-06-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-06-27

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-07-06

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-07-31

NOA2: 2006-10-21

NVC left: 2006-11-23

P3 from Guangzhou-2007-1-22

P3 returned 2007-2-28

P4 03/02/07

Interview 04/17/07

Interview Passed K1 awarded

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.