sclkny

I-129F Approved What Next?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi,

My fiance is in Cuba, I did a K-1 Visa for him. My file date was on 12/31/08, got NOA1 on 1/2/09, NOA 2 Approval on 1/8/09, and I got a letter from the Visa Service Center on 1/20/09 that stated my paperwork was going to be sent to the embassy in Cuba within 1 week. What do I do after this? I am unclear on the next steps. Do I fill out the I-134 now? Where or to whom do I turn this in to? I know my fiance is going to get a packet with everything he needs to fill out also. I had a consult with a lawyer recently and he said I should use his services because the next steps are harder, I am not sure if I need to do this, I did the entire I-129F packet on my own. Any advice would be helpful.

Our Timeline

We Met: July 2008, Santiago de Cuba, Cuba

Went back and got engaged: November 2008

I-129F Sent : 12-31-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 1-2-2009

I-129F NOA2 : 1-8-2009

NVC Received : 1-20-2009

Going back to visit: February 2009

Visa Interview: 5-18-2009

Visa Approved: 5-18-2009

Administrative Processing Completed: 6-24-2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

if you have the case # for I129F, then you can call 202-663-1225 .

Option 1

Option 0

They would be able to tell you whether the petition / case has been received by the consulate in Cuba. No need to hire a lawyer.People here on VJ are very helpful and accomodating when it comes to queries and other matters.There is no such things as hard on this process as long as you are not in a complicated situation. If the consulate confirmed that your packet is already there .They will inform your fiance by sending the packet 3 of the list they needed for the interview along with the ds 230 need to sign only the PART 1 (beneficiary) and send it back to the embassy. Once they have it, you can call the US embassy to set an appointment for your interview. You will send your form I-134(affidavit of support) to your fiance before your his interview.

Anybody who are expert on this process can add unto this. ..I am not familiar of the new rules in the K-1 visa.

Good luck on your journey and CONGRATULATIONS for the approval!!:thumbs:

------------------------

Adjustment of Status ( I-485) and Advance Parole

Jan.6,2010- Mailed to South Dearborn Chicago via Fedex overnight delivery

Jan.7,2010- AOS packet received signed by Chyba

Jan.10,2010- Notice receipt from USCIS

Jan.13,2010- check has been cashed

Jan.14,2010- NOA1 received (hard copy)

Jan.23,2010- Biometrics Appt.received in the mail dated Jan.14,2010

Feb. 1, 2010- Biometrics appointment at 8a.m.

Feb.9,2010 - touched

March 2,2010- AP approved

March 9,2010- Hard copy received

March 12, 2010- I-485 receipt notice for interview

March 18,2010- received letter for initial interview

April 19, 2010- 8 :15 A.M INTERVIEW DATE ( APPROVED 5min.Interview)

APRIL 20, 2010- USCIS website updated card production ordered

url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

79bur3yi21.png

[/url]

----------------------------

We met online became good friends , fell in love and got married..

Timeline

I would suggest calling the U.S. interest section in Havana to see if your fiancé package arrived. If so, set up an appointment for your fiancé to pick up the forms. They can mail it, but I wouldn't trust the mailing system. Also, tell them you want to set up the interview date. They should give you a phone number to call. The instructions in the package clearly explains what your fiancé needs to do. What you should do is gather all the evidence of your relationship and fill out the affidavit of support. Good Luck, Edwin&Mary.

OH, here is the number for the U.S interest section in Havana - 011 53 7 833 3551

Edited by EdwinandMary

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline

CONGRATS, BUTT THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ranting::protest:

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

lets TRY not to be so negative in ppls threads about approval. ;)

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you want to go by file time then perhaps everyone that was behind us should have had to wait until we had our petition reviewed....Let's see...that would have added an additional 15 months to everyones time. Would that have been fair?

Each petition is different, and has different flags that take differing times to review. Nobody understands more than I do how hard it is to see approval after approval from people who filed after us, but they have to do their jobs the best the can. :thumbs:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

GET AWAY FROM THAT LAWYER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I despise people that make a living off scamming other people..YOU ALREADY PASSED THE HARDEST PART which was filling out and filing all the other forms and getting approved. what's left is your I-134 and all you need is tax returns plus W-2 and a letter from your employer stating how much you make and how long you have been employed and if you want to be extra SURE a letter from your bank stating how long you have been a member and the balances of your accounts..and of course get it notorized. now gather all of the evidence such as PHONE CALLS, EMAILS, PHOTOS (take some while you are there, they like recent as much as old ones because it show continuity) if you want push your flight back until the timeframe where your fiance has his interview (once you already made the appointment) and go with him....bring your passport and you can walk in with him and pass the lines (once you pass the initial process of turning you appointment slip/telegram in which takes anywhere from 1 hour to 130 because of the number of people there) hopefully you get approved and when they give him a slip to pick up the visa you can also go with him AND SKIP EVERYONE else and just go right in and wait for his name to be called and VOILA. ALSO there are plenty of signs around the building near the embassy advertising SE LLENAN FORMULARIOS DE VISA or something like that, in case you want your forms neatly typed and/or have any questions those people have usually dealt with hundreds of these forms...GOOD LUCK!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.