numan

Anyone get NOA2 from California in december?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

We received NOA2 from California center on 12/19/08 - it's been 1 month and NVC has NOT received yet. As I mentioned in another post ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=173048 ) ... I've called both places but just been told to be patient. Is anyone else in this boat?

And conversely.. has anyone who received NOA2 around same time from California service center already confirmed that NVC DID recieve it?

I ask because I am trying to determine if the delay is due to the California center's "bundled mailings" or due a specific problem with our case that I need to act on.

Edited by numan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I replied in your other post, but I will post here too. We received our NOA2 on Dec. 16 from CSC, and NVC received it by the end of December. They sent me a letter saying they would forward the petition to the embassy within one week, but I haven't followed up with the embassy yet.

I-129F:

Feb. 12, 2008-I met Aldo while vacationing on the Riviera Maya in Mexico

Aug. 29, 2008-K1 application filed by our attorney

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

Mar. 4, 2009-Interview at Juarez Embassy-visa issued

Apr. 13, 2009-POE JFK Airport, NYC (Temporary 90-day work stamp received)

April 18, 2009-Wedding!!!

AOS:

May 26, 2009-Filed for AOS w/ EAD & AP

June 2, 2009-NOA

June 26, 2009-Transferred to CSC

July 10, 2009-Biometrics taken

July 15, 2009-AP Received (approved July 9)

July 20, 2009-EAD Card received (approved July 8)

Aug. 10, 2009-Green Card Received!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

We weren't approved in december, but on 1/7/09.

I know it's much less time (about 2 weeks), but we are still waiting too. I thought, from reading other people's timelines, that it usually happened in a couple days, a week or less. But when I called they said to expect at least 2 weeks. :(

I know none of this really helps you with your case, but I just wanted to comment and say that I'm glad there are others out there who didn't get sent rapid fast to NVC, so that i know we aren't abnormal and our case lost somewhere...seems like a pretty constant fear throughout this whole process... :wacko:

Our Wedding Pics

There is always some madness in love.

But there is also always some reason in madness.

Nietzsche

12.Jan.2007..... Met in Ciudad Sandino, Nicaragua.

07.May.2007.... Started dating.

02.Sep.2007..... Engaged!

K-1

06.Aug.2008..... K-1 app sent to California Service Center.

11.Aug.2008..... NOA1 recieved.

07.Jan.2009...... NOA2

13.Feb.2009.......Interview passed!!!

20.Feb.2009.......Received visa.

21.Feb.2009.......POE, Houston

AOS

12.May.2009......Filed AOS.

21.May.2009......NOA1

04.Jun.2009.......Biometrics

18.Jun.2009.......EAD card production ordered

26.Jun.2009.......EAD card received

06.Aug.2009......AOS interview (st. louis) Card production ordered

06.Sep.2009......Wedding Ceremony and Celebration

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I know it's much less time (about 2 weeks), but we are still waiting too. I thought, from reading other people's timelines, that it usually happened in a couple days, a week or less. But when I called they said to expect at least 2 weeks. :(

I know none of this really helps you with your case, but I just wanted to comment and say that I'm glad there are others out there who didn't get sent rapid fast to NVC, so that i know we aren't abnormal and our case lost somewhere...seems like a pretty constant fear throughout this whole process... :wacko:

they told me that it would take 2 weeks and up to 90 days for them to get it, call them daily, mines arrived one week later..

Edited by HelloWorld08
UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I think my petition must have been sent with yours. I was approved Dec. 19th and NVC says it doesn't have my petition either. It is really frustrating I thought it would be at the consulate by now.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

they told me that it would take 2 weeks and up to 90 days for them to get it, call them daily, mines arrived one week later..

do you talk to an actual representative? or just the enter receipt number and "we have no record of your account" ?

I've been calling daily, but I've only spoken to an actual person once.

Our Wedding Pics

There is always some madness in love.

But there is also always some reason in madness.

Nietzsche

12.Jan.2007..... Met in Ciudad Sandino, Nicaragua.

07.May.2007.... Started dating.

02.Sep.2007..... Engaged!

K-1

06.Aug.2008..... K-1 app sent to California Service Center.

11.Aug.2008..... NOA1 recieved.

07.Jan.2009...... NOA2

13.Feb.2009.......Interview passed!!!

20.Feb.2009.......Received visa.

21.Feb.2009.......POE, Houston

AOS

12.May.2009......Filed AOS.

21.May.2009......NOA1

04.Jun.2009.......Biometrics

18.Jun.2009.......EAD card production ordered

26.Jun.2009.......EAD card received

06.Aug.2009......AOS interview (st. louis) Card production ordered

06.Sep.2009......Wedding Ceremony and Celebration

Timeline

I have talked to a live person several times, i129 petitions don't show up in the automated system, but every live person I have talked to has said my petition has not yet reached the NVC

Timeline

We got approved from CSC on the 19th of December also, and ours was sent out to the Embassy on Dec 31st from NVC, I am not sure what day they received it at NVC.

I called into NVC and got my NVC number and found out the dates. You have to talk to a person, the automated system does not work with the WAC number, at least it did not for me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

do you talk to an actual representative? or just the enter receipt number and "we have no record of your account" ?

I've been calling daily, but I've only spoken to an actual person once.

Sarah,

Talk to an actual person. The automated system doesn't have record of anything. I talked to a real person today and they said ours was sent to the embassy on 12/24/08. Hopefully they've sent yours already and you're just getting misinformation from the automated system. :wacko:

I-129F:

Feb. 12, 2008-I met Aldo while vacationing on the Riviera Maya in Mexico

Aug. 29, 2008-K1 application filed by our attorney

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

Mar. 4, 2009-Interview at Juarez Embassy-visa issued

Apr. 13, 2009-POE JFK Airport, NYC (Temporary 90-day work stamp received)

April 18, 2009-Wedding!!!

AOS:

May 26, 2009-Filed for AOS w/ EAD & AP

June 2, 2009-NOA

June 26, 2009-Transferred to CSC

July 10, 2009-Biometrics taken

July 15, 2009-AP Received (approved July 9)

July 20, 2009-EAD Card received (approved July 8)

Aug. 10, 2009-Green Card Received!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
We received NOA2 from California center on 12/19/08 - it's been 1 month and NVC has NOT received yet. As I mentioned in another post ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=173048 ) ... I've called both places but just been told to be patient. Is anyone else in this boat?

And conversely.. has anyone who received NOA2 around same time from California service center already confirmed that NVC DID recieve it?

I ask because I am trying to determine if the delay is due to the California center's "bundled mailings" or due a specific problem with our case that I need to act on.

Hi Numan, I just called the NVC today and they received my fiancee's file. U should try to call again... I filed in 10/21/08 and received my NOA#2 on 1/9/09 and from CSC sent out to NVC on the 1/12 and NVC received it on 1/15 and they told me it takes 5 business days to be send out to USEM... hope this helps as far as for the timeline...

Timeline

10/05/09 - I-485, I-131, I-765 package sent

10/14/09 - Received NOA 1

10/16/09 - Check cashed by INS

still waiting for biometric

11/16/09 - Called INS customer service for service request on biometric appt

11/20/09 - Received biometric appt (Finally) notice date 11/3/09, sent on 11/18/09

11/23/09 - Walked in Biometric Appt in ASC Pomona, CA (scheduled for 12/3/09)

11/23/09 - I-485 & I-765 touched, No update on I-131 :(

11/24/09 - Received e-mail of approval notice on I-131, EAD card ordered, I-485 touched

11/25/09 - I-131 & I-765 touched

11/26/09 - I-131 touched

11/27/09 - I-131 touched

11/27/09 - Received another biometric appt letter for 12/3/09

11/28/09 - Received AP document in the mail

12/01/09 - I-765 touched, received e-mail I-765 approved

12/02/09 - I-765 touched

12/05/09 - Received Interview notification on 01/06/10

12/10/09 - Received e-mail I-765 card undelivarable :(

12/11/09 - Called USCIS, service request was placed (hope to get the EAD soon)

12/14/09 - Received e-mail, EAD card was re-send

12/16/09 - Received EAD card on hand

01/06/10 - GC approved YAY!!!!

01/19/10 - Received GC in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

congratulations to you....

but man!! it is reports like this that totally flabbergast me. I can not for the life of me understand why our case would be taking so much longer than yours and many others.

WHAT is the basis for why some filers are seemingly sweept thorugh the system with ease while others are held up seemingly indefinitely?

I'm sure there are many reasons but that TOTAL lack of transparency as to what any of them could be is SO FRUSTRATING.

It's like your really hungry waiting for a table at a restaurant.. you put your name on the list and wait, wait, wait... then you see other people walk in be seated immediately. It seems so arbitrary and there's no way to know if it's due to a valid and sensible reason or beaurecratic inefficiency and inneptitude.

Timeline

I spent a better part of yesterday on the phone with people trying to find my case. I first called NVC to see if by chance it should up, it has not. I called CSC, talked to one lady who was obviously reading her que cards. She told me to call then NVC, I said I had, she then said I could try the consulate, I said I had. She then transferred my call to a hire-up who, who was rude and soooo unhelpful. She said there is no way to track the case because once it is approved they just assume that they have forwarded it to the NVC! That is what she said, they assume, and I said well what if there was a human error and it was put on the wrong pallet, she said that is very rare. She then told be it could take 160 days to show up!!!!! I said but then my approval notice will be expired ans she said well you should hope that is shows up before then!!!! I wanted to scream and cry when I hung up.

I think our petition was bundled togeather, same approval day and both lost, who knows what the heck they did with it!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I think my petition is together with yours!!!

We are off to a phone and letter marathon today!

I'll let you guys know if it helped any!

I-129F Sent : 2008-06-23

Interview: 2009-02-27 APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa received: 2009-03-05

Wedding: 2009-03-21

Sent AOS: 2009-05-12

Check cashed: 2009-05-20

NOAs received: 2009-05-22

Biometrics letter: 2009-05-28

Biometrics appointment:2009-06-09

card production ordered:2009-06-19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

My fiance called the director of CSC and NVC.... nothing! Seems as if can't help you...so save your minutes!

But he thought to check NVC again... just because

and it got there!!!!!!!

but strangely she wouldn't give him more info because my date of birth wasn't correct.

Even though it was every time we called!!!

I-129F Sent : 2008-06-23

Interview: 2009-02-27 APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa received: 2009-03-05

Wedding: 2009-03-21

Sent AOS: 2009-05-12

Check cashed: 2009-05-20

NOAs received: 2009-05-22

Biometrics letter: 2009-05-28

Biometrics appointment:2009-06-09

card production ordered:2009-06-19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.