numan

received NOA2 - 1 month later NVC still has no record

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

(note: I also posted this in the K1 subforum as I'm couldn't tell which one was more appropriate)

USCIS says NOA2 has been sent - NVC says they haven't received anything

We recieved the NOA2 notice on Dec 19th of 2008. It's now the 19th of January and NVC still has no record.

I've talked to operators at NVC who have checked for my case number (I didn't just rely on the automated voice system) but they say they have nothing from USCIS yet. NVC suggested I call USICS.

I called USCIS and they confirmed the NOA2 and said it has been sent to NVC. The woman at USCIS said it can take 60-90 days to deliver to NVC. I said "60 days!?" and reminded her that we only have 4 month of validity for the NOA2. She put me on hold to check with her supervisor then said not to worry if it takes that long I can get extension, but that it is very unusual for that to happen. She was polite and friendly but her actual answers were not reassuring.

I searched this site looking for similar cases but have read conflicting reports and am worried but trying not to panic. I am worried it is lost somehow either in an "inbox" at NVC or an "outbox" at USCIS.

Advice please

filed 129F > 7/31/08

received NOA1 > 8/4/08

recieved NOA2 > 12/19/08

....waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You are dealing with the California method of shipping. They stack up a full load. So if you just missed the last one you will be in for a wait. CSC petitions arrive in batches at NVC

A truck will probably be leaving at any time

overloaded%20truck%20Senagal-%20Credit%20Daniel%20Penney.jpg

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It was taking some poeple about 2 months to make the jump last spring. Look for others approved about when you were and see when they start arriving.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I was in the same boat as yourself, if you notice my posts...

I actually waited for the whole 90 days for NVC to get my docs, but they still did not have anything and both entities gave me the run around saying we sent it and thats where we are done with the process and NVC said we can't answer any questions about something we don't have.

So your best option is what i did 90 days later, which is, write to your local congressman/senator. Their inquiry usually speeds things up faster.

My senator said on the 12th that USCIS still has my stuff for additional background checks. And then another on the 15th which said they are done with the background checks and have sent it to the NVC, i wish i had done this sooner rather than waiting for 90 days.

you better get to it now...

Best of luck

I was in the same boat as yourself, if you notice my posts...

I actually waited for the whole 90 days for NVC to get my docs, but they still did not have anything and both entities gave me the run around saying we sent it and thats where we are done with the process and NVC said we can't answer any questions about something we don't have.

So your best option is what i did 90 days later, which is, write to your local congressman/senator. Their inquiry usually speeds things up faster.

My senator said on the 12th that USCIS still has my stuff for additional background checks. And then another on the 15th which said they are done with the background checks and have sent it to the NVC, i wish i had done this sooner rather than waiting for 90 days.

you better get to it now...

Best of luck

.png

Timeline

Well, between L179 and the Syliva_n_Joseph's post I'm alternating between relief and concern.

Hopefully, it's just due to the bundled mailing of the California Service Center. I guess I'll give it a few more weeks before I try something else.

Anyone have advice about contact my senator/congressperson if necessary? Is one better than the other? I am the USC and live in San Francisco, CA. Is there any certain wording to use? Can I call thheir office or do I need to send letter?

Thanks for the feedback thus far. This site is so helpful.

Edited by numan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey....

we have the same problem.

We talked to USCIS numerous times and last week they finally told us that it has been send out.

But NVC still hasn't received anything....we get different answers from "it can take up to 90 days" to "4 - 6 weeks is the normal time"

if you research more on this topic you'll find people you have had the same problem.

We are going to contact USCIS again and bug them as long as we have to in order for things to start moving. If that doesn't do anything we are going to contact our congressman.

My fiance actually has an info pass appointment tomorrow morning and hopefully he can find out more from them!

That's definitely something you should look into.... sometimes they are able to give you more information then the people on the phone!

Hope this helps... I'll keep you updated if we get anywhere!

I-129F Sent : 2008-06-23

Interview: 2009-02-27 APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa received: 2009-03-05

Wedding: 2009-03-21

Sent AOS: 2009-05-12

Check cashed: 2009-05-20

NOAs received: 2009-05-22

Biometrics letter: 2009-05-28

Biometrics appointment:2009-06-09

card production ordered:2009-06-19

Timeline

uggh...

so what is the best one to contact: congressperson or state senator?

Should I call, email or send a letter?

Any advice on how to word the problem/situation?

I am still hoping this is a "normal" delay but there seems to be too many horror stories out there to remain patient with acting now.

Timeline

Also, are there any other effective options we have besides going the senatorial/congressional complaint route?

Are there any people out there who been in situation like who have eventually gotten their notice by being patient and waiting or is that foolish?

This has happened a lot. Eventually it shows up. I don't know what the window is but once you exceed that you can contact your elected representative for action. They always seem to be able to resolve the issue - low and behold, the petition is found.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

Anyone have specific advice on contacing congressman or senator? (is one preferable to the other?)

I am normally good at being patient but the potential loss if soemthing goes wrong here makes this terribly stressful as you all must know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We got our NOA2 on Dec. 16 and NVC had received it by the end of December. I don't know if the embassy has received it yet because I haven't checked with them, but NVC definitely got our petition quickly. Sorry you're having this problem!

I-129F:

Feb. 12, 2008-I met Aldo while vacationing on the Riviera Maya in Mexico

Aug. 29, 2008-K1 application filed by our attorney

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

Mar. 4, 2009-Interview at Juarez Embassy-visa issued

Apr. 13, 2009-POE JFK Airport, NYC (Temporary 90-day work stamp received)

April 18, 2009-Wedding!!!

AOS:

May 26, 2009-Filed for AOS w/ EAD & AP

June 2, 2009-NOA

June 26, 2009-Transferred to CSC

July 10, 2009-Biometrics taken

July 15, 2009-AP Received (approved July 9)

July 20, 2009-EAD Card received (approved July 8)

Aug. 10, 2009-Green Card Received!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Anyone have specific advice on contacing congressman or senator? (is one preferable to the other?)

I am normally good at being patient but the potential loss if soemthing goes wrong here makes this terribly stressful as you all must know.

You are wasting your time but I understand you need to feel you are doing something. I did the same which is how I know what will happen. There are many on this site that want to believe the senators will make a difference.

Use the web to find Senator Finestines site. There you will find a form to print & submit. Do so & they will contact you in about 3 weeks or so. They have people on staff that are there to placate you. Her name is Gloria. Nice lady, knows how to make you feel good. Later they will tell you exactly what you already know. Your case is bla bal bla. They can not pressure USCIS nor NVC to do anything more than you can do unless there is a major problem.

My case was exactly as yours is. Lost? No. Waiting for some truck to take it from place to place? No.

USCIS finishes the case, sends you a NOA2, assigns a bar code to the file. That is how they know where the file is. It is placed with others to be sent to NVC. That mailing has zero to do with filing up trucks. USCIS cant find the cases because they dont have them anymore

The files are sent to NVC mail room. Now the plot thickens. As long as NVC doesnt scan in the files they are not behind in thier work load any more than normal. So the files sit there until they decide they can accept them.

Ask your Senator to call you about the case. Not the office staff, Senator Finestine or Boxer. They wont. Ask what their voting record on immigration reform is. Ask them what the last action they undertook on immigration reform was.

There is nothing wrong with trying but dont get missled into thinking some miracle is going to occure. If you get a positive responce that actually does some good please post it. Take a minute to let everyone know I was wrong. Believe it or not I hope I am; I would love to see a Senator actually make a difference.

Timeline

Called NVC again today and still no record of it.

I am inclined to believe that contact my senator/congressman (at least at this stage) is basically a symbolic effort with little real effect, but you never know for sure and my finacee is pressuring me to do so. She has read stories of people claiming success by doing that. Whether that success was due to the senatorial inquiry or just coincidental timing is impossible to ascertain. I have agreed to do the congress person thing if we don't have any confrmation of our file at the NVC by week's end.

The main reason this is so frustrating is because when you read of other filers passing through the process with much faster times thorugh the same agencies... well it just creates insecurity over the whole process.

NOA1 > 8/4/08

NOA2 > 12/19/08

still not at NVC as of 1/20/09

I called my Congressman a few years ago to expidite a problem in Yketerianburg, Russia and they sent a fax within hours. And within hours they the response was - in effect - go to HEdoubleL.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.