Linkin

Need a postive, informative but urgent reply

119 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have my interview on 16th of december at us embassy in london, i have all required documents but still waiting for the police certificate from Pakistan which is taking a bit delay but hopefull i will be having it before the interview date, my question is if i dont get the certificate from Pakistan on time but if i ask my brother to notorize and scan the copy of certificate and send it to me (if my certificate is coming on or after 16th of december) is embassy going to accept it or not. will this problem creat any further delay to issue me a visa. will they give me another interview date or will they say that if we are going to issue you visa but can't hand over to you unless u produce the original one.

I have my interview on 16th of december at us embassy in london, i have all required documents but still waiting for the police certificate from Pakistan which is taking a bit delay but hopefull i will be having it before the interview date, my question is if i dont get the certificate from Pakistan on time but if i ask my brother to notorize and scan the copy of certificate and send it to me (if my certificate is coming on or after 16th of december) is embassy going to accept it or not. will this problem creat any further delay to issue me a visa. will they give me another interview date or will they say that if we are going to issue you visa but can't hand over to you unless u produce the original one.

I mean my bro won't notorize it but he will notorize the copies of original and send it to me by scannin' them and email to me.....( means if certificate issues me on 15th of december then it is proved impossible to get it by any means in one day from Pakistan to UK.............

am i standing in positive postiion to show that scanned notorized copy of certificate??????

i have read on visajourney sometimes ago that a guy from china was applying for K1 visa but emabssy didn't hand over the visa to him unless he showed the certificate to embassy and he had the same situation where i am standing at the moment??????????????/

waiting for a nice reply

many thx in adv

Ali

AOS Transferred to CSC.......................August 4th 2009

AP/EAD Approval Notice appeared....August 21st 2009

AP/EAD received in mails.................... 08/27/09, 08/31/09

AOS at CSC.............................................Pending

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best information is that police certifications (also known as Character Certificates) from Pakistan take up to 3 months to obtain - when did you apply for it (or them if you appled for multiple jurisdictions)?

Timeline

I'm not sure regarding your situation but have had some conversations with another waiting for police clearance from the Netherlands, as we are. They will not schedule my finacee's appointment without it. The other fellow I have communicated with had his interview and they gave him a pink slip and held his passport saying they would send it to him as soon as they received the clearance.

I suggest you contact the embassy and ask them. Maybe your brother could expressmail the original to you?

But call the embassy and ask what they want you to do.

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Timeline
I'm not sure regarding your situation but have had some conversations with another waiting for police clearance from the Netherlands, as we are. They will not schedule my finacee's appointment without it. The other fellow I have communicated with had his interview and they gave him a pink slip and held his passport saying they would send it to him as soon as they received the clearance.

I suggest you contact the embassy and ask them. Maybe your brother could expressmail the original to you?

linkin added?????????????

pink slip with clearance means they will only give him passport once he shows them his police certificate???????????????????????????

linkin added?????????????

pink slip with clearance means they will only give him passport once he shows them his police certificate???????????????????????????

Yup. What would you expect?

First off, you didn't follow the procedure London sent you. You are supposed to submit the checklist when you have every document you need. Did you see the statement you signed: "I hereby certify that I have collected all of the items which I have marked with a check mark...." There is a method there... to keep people from coming unprepared and wasting their time.

You could call the embassy and delay the interview. Or you can go interview and they will tell you to send the proper documents in later. After you send the certificate in, they will contact you to arrange for your passport to be picked up by SMS couriers and delivered to the Embassy. Then they will issue the visa and have it delivered back to you by SMS. I dont think an emailed, notarized, scanned police certificate will do.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline
First off, you didn't follow the procedure London sent you. You are supposed to submit the checklist when you have every document you need. Did you see the statement you signed: "I hereby certify that I have collected all of the items which I have marked with a check mark...." There is a method there... to keep people from coming unprepared and wasting their time.

You could call the embassy and delay the interview. Or you can go interview and they will tell you to send the proper documents in later. After you send the certificate in, they will contact you to arrange for your passport to be picked up by SMS couriers and delivered to the Embassy. Then they will issue the visa and have it delivered back to you by SMS. I dont think an emailed, notarized, scanned police certificate will do.

Linkin' Added,

Nick thx for ur reply, I knew it from earlier that sending the checklist means that you have all documents in your possession. but the reason why i sent the checklist earlier because that was a only document i was waiting to arrived from Pakistan and on top of that i wanted to get the interview date asap, cuz my fiancee bd is coming on 1st of jan and mine is on 5th of jan so i wanted to be there on time. but as you might heard of it INdia pakistan conflications over Mumbai attack so it basically impacted on local goverment bodies and offices as well. they are now securing their assess more by issuing certificates to anyone, but if necessary they are double checking each and every application, (My brother told me cuz he been told at the certificate office). As per my and bro conversation today on phone, he is sure to have certificate by coming friday or saturday but i can't get it in one day if he sends me on 15th of dec which is monday, so can you please also suggest me for what should i do or say to embassy once i be there for interview?

I can understand ppl aren't expert in immi thingies but still ppl experiences help eachother out.

thx once again for your detailed reply.........

Ali

Edited by Linkin

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Linkin' Added,

Nick thx for ur reply, I knew it from earlier that sending the checklist means that you have all documents in your possession. but the reason why i sent the checklist earlier because that was a only document i was waiting to arrived from Pakistan but as you might heard of it INdia pakistan conflications over Mumbai attack so it basically impacted on local goverment bodies and offices as well. they are now securing their assess more by issuing certificates to anyone, but if necessary they are double checking each and every application, (My brother told me cuz he been told at the certificate office). As per my and bro conversation today on phone, he is sure to have certificate by coming friday or saturday but i can't get it in one day if he sends me on 15th of dec which is monday, so can you please also suggest me for what should i do or say to embassy once i be there for interview?

I can understand ppl aren't expert in immi thingies but still ppl experiences help eachother out.

Ali

If I were your Consular Officer, I'd be thinking, "Well he lied about having his police certificate, so what else is he lying about? Can I believe anything he says?" Good luck getting a visa after lying in writing to immigration officials.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

You either:

a) call the embassy and ask if you can be rescheduled for the next week. Make up an urgent reason why the appointment isn't convenient for you. If they don't have an immediate appointment for you, then you might not like this option.

b ) go the the interview without your police certificate. They will give you a blue paper (I think) that tells you what you're lacking and the phone number to call for the courier when you have it to send back to them. You call the SMS courier who will come to your house to pick up the police certificate and your passport and take them to the embassy. After about 5 days the embassy sends the passport with visa in it and the sealed brown envelope back by courier. You pay for both deliveries.

Here's the website for SMS with fees http://www.securemail.co.uk/sms/embassyser...collections.asp

Looks like it's 24.50 with no extra services to do both pick up and delivery back.

My birthday is Jan. 5 too. :)

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Linkin' Added,

Nick thx for ur reply, I knew it from earlier that sending the checklist means that you have all documents in your possession. but the reason why i sent the checklist earlier because that was a only document i was waiting to arrived from Pakistan but as you might heard of it INdia pakistan conflications over Mumbai attack so it basically impacted on local goverment bodies and offices as well. they are now securing their assess more by issuing certificates to anyone, but if necessary they are double checking each and every application, (My brother told me cuz he been told at the certificate office). As per my and bro conversation today on phone, he is sure to have certificate by coming friday or saturday but i can't get it in one day if he sends me on 15th of dec which is monday, so can you please also suggest me for what should i do or say to embassy once i be there for interview?

Ali

If I were your Consular Officer, I'd be thinking, "Well he lied about having his police certificate, so what else is he lying about? Can I believe anything he says?" Good luck getting a visa after lying in writing to immigration officials.

This is EXACTLY what I was trying to tell him when he posted this same question earlier, but in a nicer way. I guess I beat around the bush too much, but this is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

so can you please also suggest me for what should i do or say to embassy once i be there for interview?

I can't guarantee anything, so if you get into trouble, don't blame me, but I think the best thing you can do now is take the scanned copy from your brother to the interview. When they reject it, apologise and tell them that you will have the original sent to you from Pakistan as soon as possible. Don't try to explain anything about that document unless you are asked, but don't lie about anything either.

Keep in mind that it is very unlikely that you will get a visa until they have the original document.

Good luck!

Edited by toma1

Timeline

Linkin' Added,

Ali

This is EXACTLY what I was trying to tell him when he posted this same question earlier, but in a nicer way. I guess I beat around the bush too much, but this is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Actually, I and many others advise Chinese beneficiaries to return the checklist whether they have the documents or not, provided they know they'll get them in time. The difference is, GUZ is predictably slow in scheduling interviews and with rare exceptions, time to secure documents is equally predictable. Usually the only thing hanging are CENOMAR and police certificates and they can both be secured in less than a month.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Timeline

That's a harsh and unnecessary response.

The simple answer is a visa will not be granted until all required police certificates have been provided to the consulate.

If all other documentation asked for by the consulate is adequate, London will approve the visa pending the receipt of the Pakistani police certificate.

Timeline

The simple answer is a visa will not be granted until all required police certificates have been provided to the consulate.

If all other documentation asked for by the consulate is adequate, London will approve the visa pending the receipt of the Pakistani police certificate.

You seem to be forgetting about the "interview". Getting a visa particularly for a citizen of Pakistan (even in London) takes more than "documentation". There is likely to be far more scrutiny of this applicant than for a UK citizen. I told the poster what I would be thinking so he can be prepared. Sometimes reality is harsh and a visa interview is "real".

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Other Timeline

You seem to be forgetting about the "interview". Getting a visa particularly for a citizen of Pakistan (even in London) takes more than "documentation". There is likely to be far more scrutiny of this applicant than for a UK citizen. I told the poster what I would be thinking so he can be prepared. Sometimes reality is harsh and a visa interview is "real".

I'm not forgetting about anything.

Firstly, we are not certain the beneficiary is a citizen of Pakistan. All we know is he needs a police certificate from that country.

Secondly, the UK is a very diverse nation. Walk down the streets of London if you need evidence of that. A person who is 'brown' isn't going to raise the eyebrows of a CO at that consulate one bit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.