tuttobella

DCF In Australia- New Changes

107 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi folks!

I know what a painful process this can be b/c I am going through it now! We just went down to Sydney this week to file. I wanted to post some questions and the answers I received back from the consulate. There have been several changes and you are now no longer allowed to mail your petition. Please let me know if you have any questions and good luck!

1) I (the petitioner) need to make a separate trip to Sydney on any Thursday (expect holidays) to submit the I-30 and then make another trip down for the visa interview? EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2006, CHANGES TO OUR PROCESS WILL REQUIRE YOU TO TRAVEL TO SYDNEY TO FILE THE I-130 FIRST. YOU WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO MAKE A SECOND TRIP WITH YOUR HUSBAND FOR HIS VISA INTERVIEW.

IF YOU PLAN TO APPLY BEFORE AUGUST 1, 2006, YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND CAN TRAVEL TOGETHER TO FILE THE I-130 AND HAVE HIS VISA INTERVIEW.SEE #2 FOR ADVICE ON HOW TO GET YOURSELVES AN INTERVIEW BEFORE AUGUST 1.

2) It also says I need to send in the D-230 froms immediately but do I have to send the I-864 along with it? I don't have all of the appropriate paperwork for that form yet. (A) HAVE YOUR HUSBAND IMMEDIATELY COMLETE AND RETURN HIS BIOGRAPHIC DATA, FORMS DS-230 PARTS I&II.

(B) BEGIN TO COLLECT ALL DOCUMENTS THAT ARE LISTED ON HIS OVERVIEW INFORMATION SHEET THAT ARE APPLICABLE TO HIS CASE.

© ONCE HE'S COLLECTED ALL, COMPLETE AND SIGN HIS NOTIFICATION OF APPLICANT READINESS, FORM DS-2001.

(D) ATTACH A NOTE TO THE DS-2001 ADVISING WHICH MONTH YOU WOULD BE PREPARED TO TRAVEL TO SYDNEY FOR YOUR INTERVIEW.

(E) ON THE DAY OF THE SCHEDULED INTERVIEW, YOU NEED TO ATTEND TO FILE YOUR I-130 PETITION AND YOUR HUSBAND TO HAVE HIS FINAL VISA INTERVIEW.

(F) IF ON THE DAY OF INTERVIEW HE IS FOUND TO BE FULLY DOCUMENTED AND ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A VISA, THE VISA WILL BE ISSUED FOR COLLECTION THE NEXT WORKDAY.

THE I-864 CAN BE BROUGHT IN ON THE DAY OF INTERVIEW -- YOU NO LONGER NEED TO MAIL IT IN WITH THE DS-230'S.

3) I want to clarify if you require one year of tax returns or three years of tax returns. [Roden, Matilda A] IF THE VISA IS BEING ISSUED BEFORE JUNE 16, 2006, WE'LL REQUIRE THE 2004 U.S. FEDERAL INCOME TAX RETURNS. IF THE VISA IS BEING ISSUED AFTER JUNE 16, 2006, WE'LL NEED THE 2005 U.S. FEDERAL INCOME TAX RETURNS. WE NOW ONLY REQUIRE THE MOST RECENT TAX RETURNS.

Good luck!!!

Jackie :jest:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Hi folks!

1) I (the petitioner) need to make a separate trip to Sydney on any Thursday (expect holidays) to submit the I-30 and then make another trip down for the visa interview? EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2006, CHANGES TO OUR PROCESS WILL REQUIRE YOU TO TRAVEL TO SYDNEY TO FILE THE I-130 FIRST. YOU WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO MAKE A SECOND TRIP WITH YOUR HUSBAND FOR HIS VISA INTERVIEW.

IF YOU PLAN TO APPLY BEFORE AUGUST 1, 2006, YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND CAN TRAVEL TOGETHER TO FILE THE I-130 AND HAVE HIS VISA INTERVIEW.SEE #2 FOR ADVICE ON HOW TO GET YOURSELVES AN INTERVIEW BEFORE AUGUST 1.

2) It also says I need to send in the D-230 froms immediately but do I have to send the I-864 along with it? I don't have all of the appropriate paperwork for that form yet. (A) HAVE YOUR HUSBAND IMMEDIATELY COMLETE AND RETURN HIS BIOGRAPHIC DATA, FORMS DS-230 PARTS I&II.

(B) BEGIN TO COLLECT ALL DOCUMENTS THAT ARE LISTED ON HIS OVERVIEW INFORMATION SHEET THAT ARE APPLICABLE TO HIS CASE.

© ONCE HE'S COLLECTED ALL, COMPLETE AND SIGN HIS NOTIFICATION OF APPLICANT READINESS, FORM DS-2001.

(D) ATTACH A NOTE TO THE DS-2001 ADVISING WHICH MONTH YOU WOULD BE PREPARED TO TRAVEL TO SYDNEY FOR YOUR INTERVIEW.

(E) ON THE DAY OF THE SCHEDULED INTERVIEW, YOU NEED TO ATTEND TO FILE YOUR I-130 PETITION AND YOUR HUSBAND TO HAVE HIS FINAL VISA INTERVIEW.

(F) IF ON THE DAY OF INTERVIEW HE IS FOUND TO BE FULLY DOCUMENTED AND ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A VISA, THE VISA WILL BE ISSUED FOR COLLECTION THE NEXT WORKDAY.

THE I-864 CAN BE BROUGHT IN ON THE DAY OF INTERVIEW -- YOU NO LONGER NEED TO MAIL IT IN WITH THE DS-230'S.

3) I want to clarify if you require one year of tax returns or three years of tax returns. [Roden, Matilda A] IF THE VISA IS BEING ISSUED BEFORE JUNE 16, 2006, WE'LL REQUIRE THE 2004 U.S. FEDERAL INCOME TAX RETURNS. IF THE VISA IS BEING ISSUED AFTER JUNE 16, 2006, WE'LL NEED THE 2005 U.S. FEDERAL INCOME TAX RETURNS. WE NOW ONLY REQUIRE THE MOST RECENT TAX RETURNS.

Good luck!!!

Hi Jackie,

Good luck with the process.

I just have one question to you based on the answers you received. On question 1, they noted that you must file the I-130 seperately.

However, on the second question you note that you bring in your petition on the day of your husband's interview.

Am I to understand that as of August 1, you can't book the interview and put the petition in at the same time as the interview. That is, the I-130 must from August 1 be filed on its own on a Thursday? Or is this because you live outside of Sydney?

Or am I completely off track because your answer to question 2 is based on the fact that you are planning on having your interview before Aug 1?

Thanks

AussieDude

Edited by AussieDude

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Something else that is also new... the I-864 no longer has to be notarised. Just signed by the sponsor.

N-400 NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

11/02/09 - Sent App. via USPS Priority Mail (+Cert. Mail Rcpt. & Return Rcpt)

11/06/09 - Check Cashed

11/06/09 - NOA Date

11/12/09 - NOA Rec'd

11/21/09 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Rec'd

12/01/09 - Biometrics Appt. @ 12:00 PM

12/04/09 - CFR Notice (Yellow Letter). Postmarked 12/07/09. Rec'd 12/11/09

02/04/10 - Rec'd Email that case was sent for "Standard Review"

02/08/10 - Interview Letter Appointment Rec'd (sent 02/03/10)

03/11/10 - Interview Date - Federal Plaza (passed)

03/11/10 - Oath Appt. Letter Rec'd (same day as oath)

04/16/10 - Oath Ceremony Date (Brooklyn)

Total Processing Time: 165 DAYS

Timeline
Hi folks!

I know what a painful process this can be b/c I am going through it now! We just went down to Sydney this week to file. I wanted to post some questions and the answers I received back from the consulate. There have been several changes and you are now no longer allowed to mail your petition. Please let me know if you have any questions and good luck!

Good luck!!!

Ok, now I'm lost. My fiance is the Aussie, I'm here in the US, does that mean that after August 1st, I have to fly to Australia to file the I-130 first... and then request an interview date on the DS-2001?

Edited by David A.

04 January 2004 : Met Stephanie in Las Vegas.

15 May 2006 : Joined visajourney

16 September 2006: Got married in Las Vegas.

03 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for certificate of name change.

12 October 2006 : Stephanie recieved certificate of name change.

16 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for NPC, recieves a couple weeks later.

29 November 2006 : Arrived in Sydney, stayed in 4Points Sheraton Darling Harbor.

30 November 2006 : DCF. Submitted I-130 Sydney US Consulate "walk-in Thursday". Packet 3 in hand.

11 December 2006 : Final Medical Appointment with Dr Miller and immunizations. Approved.

11 December 2006 : Sent off DS-230 Parts I and II, and DS-2001 overnight priority.

27 December 2006 : Received RFE in the mail, returned RFE same day.

24 January 2007 : New Legislation preventing approvals of I-130s at Consulate.

30 January 2007 : Final Visa Interview in Sydney.

22 February 2007: Sydney called for my wife to send her passport to issue the visa.

04 March 2007: Stephanie flies back to Australia to post her passport.

14 March 2007: Stephanie Recieves passport and visa.

18 March 2007: Stephanie is in Florida. Journey is over.

30 March 2007: Stephanie gets Social Security Card.

02 April 2007: Stephanie gets Green Card.

"what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas" - david

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

But how is this different? We couldn't mail the i-130 or the I-864....we had to file them BOTH in person!

I'm so confused...

Is this JUST for walk in Thursdays? I just don't see how this is different from what I did?!?!?

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

But how is this different? We couldn't mail the i-130 or the I-864....we had to file them BOTH in person!

I'm so confused...

Is this JUST for walk in Thursdays? I just don't see how this is different from what I did?!?!?

Its not Caroline from how I'm reading it. Im not 100% but it looks to me like they might be stopping the walkins?????

Mo.....where are you hahahahaha

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Well it looks like they're doing a walk in anyway. Maybe it's different for those who don't have residency in Australia like myself. Anybody here who doesn't have residency in Australia, that is in the process right now, that might know? :unsure:

29 November 2006 : Arrived in Sydney, stayed in 4Points Sheraton Darling Harbor.

30 November 2006 : DCF. Submitted I-130 Sydney US Consulate "walk-in Thursday". Packet 3 in hand.

11 December 2006 : Final Medical Appointment with Dr Miller and immunizations. Approved.

11 December 2006 : Sent off DS-230 Parts I and II, and DS-2001 overnight priority.

22 February 2007: Sydney called for my wife to send her passport to issue the visa.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I read:

The USC must now file the I-130 in person, at the Consulate.

I haven't followed closely enough to know what all these other permutations are/were, but this is a common DCF method. When the I-130 is approved, the visa application can begin.

No more one-day fly in & get 'er done deal. But you guys were too spoiled anyway. :P

David A.: I don't think anyone here has had a USC actually resident in Australia.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Something else that is also new... the I-864 no longer has to be notarised. Just signed by the sponsor.

Where did that information come from? :unsure:

8-12-2004 I moved to New Zealand(married my Kiwi in US 5/04)

1-12-2006 Received initial packet - It has I-130, I-864 & DS-230 Part 1, DS-2001 & tons of instructions.

Gathering paperwork that we don't have:

5-30-2006 - I-130 FILED AND ACCEPTED BY AUCKLAND CONSULATE!- INTERVIEW: 6/13/2006

6-13-2006 - APPROVED!usaCa.gifnew_zeaC3.gif

6-14-2006 - VISA IN HAND D_SMIL112.gif

08-05-2006 -WE ARE HOME IN THE USA!!! flag12.gif

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

9-14-09 - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

I read:

I haven't followed closely enough to know what all these other permutations are/were, but this is a common DCF method. When the I-130 is approved, the visa application can begin.

No more one-day fly in & get 'er done deal. But you guys were too spoiled anyway. :P

David A.: I don't think anyone here has had a USC actually resident in Australia.

What seems confusing though is that the answers seem to contradict themselves

EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2006, CHANGES TO OUR PROCESS WILL REQUIRE YOU TO TRAVEL TO SYDNEY TO FILE THE I-130 FIRST. YOU WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO MAKE A SECOND TRIP WITH YOUR HUSBAND FOR HIS VISA INTERVIEW.

IF YOU PLAN TO APPLY BEFORE AUGUST 1, 2006, YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND CAN TRAVEL TOGETHER TO FILE THE I-130 AND HAVE HIS VISA INTERVIEW

then this

IF ON THE DAY OF INTERVIEW HE IS FOUND TO BE FULLY DOCUMENTED AND ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A VISA, THE VISA WILL BE ISSUED FOR COLLECTION THE NEXT WORKDAY.

Plus as what Caroline said.....they couldn't mail the i-130 or the I-864....they had to file them BOTH in person

So things dont seem to be any different. Unless I should just go back to bed hahahaha

Think we may need clarification on this from the consulate :yes:

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

I read:

What seems confusing though is that the answers seem to contradict themselves

EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2006, CHANGES TO OUR PROCESS WILL REQUIRE YOU TO TRAVEL TO SYDNEY TO FILE THE I-130 FIRST. YOU WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO MAKE A SECOND TRIP WITH YOUR HUSBAND FOR HIS VISA INTERVIEW.

IF YOU PLAN TO APPLY BEFORE AUGUST 1, 2006, YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND CAN TRAVEL TOGETHER TO FILE THE I-130 AND HAVE HIS VISA INTERVIEW

then this

IF ON THE DAY OF INTERVIEW HE IS FOUND TO BE FULLY DOCUMENTED AND ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A VISA, THE VISA WILL BE ISSUED FOR COLLECTION THE NEXT WORKDAY.

Plus as what Caroline said.....they couldn't mail the i-130 or the I-864....they had to file them BOTH in person

So things dont seem to be any different. Unless I should just go back to bed hahahaha

Think we may need clarification on this from the consulate :yes:

Yep I agree. Also I would like to know where the information that the I-864 doesn't need to be notarized came from? I think "E" goes with applying before August 2006. After August 2006 it looks like what Mo said, No more one stop shopping days for you Aussies :lol: Also, don't believe there is any Embassy where the USC doesn't have to put in an appearance.

1-12-2006 Received initial packet - It has I-130, I-864 & DS-230 Part 1, DS-2001 & tons of instructions.

5-30-2006 - I-130 FILED AND ACCEPTED BY AUCKLAND CONSULATE!- INTERVIEW: 6/13/2006

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

Timeline

Who can I email to get confirmation about this new rule to pass on August 1st?

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

Yep that is new.....wow. Good news now for those that live interstate for filing of the I-130...even if we lose same day filing. I will edit the pinned Australia DCF post to show the new guidelines. Will also include the Q & A's from tuttobella post. Is that now the concensus after reading the link?????

Also I would like to know where the information that the I-864 doesn't need to be notarized came from?
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12007

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Filed: Timeline

Hmm, technically this means that we are not supposed to have a packet 3 in our hands before we get married (as it says that an I-130 cannot be put in until we are married and packet 3 will only be mailed out after the I-130 petition is put in). I guess they've streamlined the process which makes it easier to follow but longer to deal with. Oh well.

So I technically shouldn't have the packet 3 that I have now since I'm not getting married until August (we obtained it in December directly from the embassy).

I wonder if I should go ahead and do my medical check now anyway even though I'm not supposed to have these forms?

AussieDude

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.