Liam and Kara

Shell Shocked

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i have just returned from the USA today after flying out the the USA last night to be with my fiance for an extended period, for us both to spend some long term quality time together, while there we planned to apply for the K1 visa or talk to someone that could explain in plain english the route to making this transition as pain free as possible.......this as you can gather did not go to plan and i was denied entry, even though i had a return flight booked to return before the 90 day tourist entry visa expired.

As you might imagine this caused plenty of worry and shock and we are now worried this has or could effect our applying for the K1 visa.

Please tell me this has happened to one of you? if so then what you did after the shock wears off and that things will work out? and what steps to do now?

My fiance is now applying for the K1 visa do i need to send original documents to her? grrrrrrrrr think my head is going to explode.

please help my stress levels?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
i have just returned from the USA today after flying out the the USA last night to be with my fiance for an extended period, for us both to spend some long term quality time together, while there we planned to apply for the K1 visa or talk to someone that could explain in plain english the route to making this transition as pain free as possible.......this as you can gather did not go to plan and i was denied entry, even though i had a return flight booked to return before the 90 day tourist entry visa expired.

As you might imagine this caused plenty of worry and shock and we are now worried this has or could effect our applying for the K1 visa.

Please tell me this has happened to one of you? if so then what you did after the shock wears off and that things will work out? and what steps to do now?

My fiance is now applying for the K1 visa do i need to send original documents to her? grrrrrrrrr think my head is going to explode.

As long as you didn't tell any lies at the POE, relax. This kind of thing happens often. Start by reading the comprehensive guides here.

Your fiance will not be applying for a K1 visa. You will. She'll be petitioning for your privelege to apply. Welcome, you've found the right place to start your journey.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

what was the reason for denial of entry? yes she is going to need some of the orginal documents and some can be copies. review the guidelines posted here they are very informative. I warn you!!!! start a file of your own right now... KEEP a copy of EVERY SINGLE piece of paper you send them, once you receive your case number ALWAYS write it on the top of every single piece of paper you send them. I also recommend spending the extra money and send everything registered so they have to sign that they received it. Take a deep breath have a good cup of coffee or tea and get ready for the roller coaster ride. good luck and stay with visa journey for guidance people here are great for support and information!

09/2005 submitted I130, 08/09/2006 completed medical,case left NVC to Montreal Embassy July 7, 2006
06/07/2006 NVC CASE COMPLETE! (278 days from I130 submitted to NVC case complete)
August 2006 Interview at Montreal Embassy, need to submit I601 & I212 waiver.July 2007 submitted waivers to Montreal Embassy who forwarded to Vermont Service Center
October 2007 rec'd receipt and notification or waiver processing from VSC, April 2008 rec'd RFE for I601 July 2008 submitted RFE, and rec'd receipt, advised written decision within 60 days
October 24, 2008 sent written request for case status to VSC, May 2009 after written request for status update recd letter "being processed"
July2009 requested Senator inquiry again.. response "with officer, required extra processing" if no response check back 6 months!
Dec 09 requested senator inquiry again, Jan 8 2010 requested more than "general inquiry" senator Jan 11, 2010 Senator requested supervisor
Jan 12, VSC told senator's office we wld recd notice in mail 7 - 10 days Jan 20, 2010 I601 DENIED.... letter dated Jan 14, 2010
April 2010, granted 290b approval to send to Appeal for review

October 2011 Appeal denied due to fraud, now dumped by husband, now with Canadian Arabic woman from Tunisa for Canada residence.. processing Immigration with her now

thru Canada

July2013 He ws deported back to Egypt almost a year ago due to out of status for almost 2 years

movin on to a new life
Felicia

Timeline

As long as you didn't tell any lies at the POE, relax. This kind of thing happens often. Start by reading the comprehensive guides here.

Your fiance will not be applying for a K1 visa. You will. She'll be petitioning for your privelege to apply. Welcome, you've found the right place to start your journey.

Thanks for your reply, no i was painfully honest about why i was going over, i had planned to go on the tourist visa for near enough the maximum stay and explained why and what the long term goal was, maybe a bit naive i know but though honesty was the best policy.

They said at i was denied entry due to thier suspition that i was planning on living and working in the USA even though had return flight, letter from my employer stating was on unpaid leave for period an when they expected me back at work....ii explained my plan was to go there see how things worked out for both of us and then apply for the visa's required, but they were having none of it....

Timeline

what was the reason for denial of entry? yes she is going to need some of the orginal documents and some can be copies. review the guidelines posted here they are very informative. I warn you!!!! start a file of your own right now... KEEP a copy of EVERY SINGLE piece of paper you send them, once you receive your case number ALWAYS write it on the top of every single piece of paper you send them. I also recommend spending the extra money and send everything registered so they have to sign that they received it. Take a deep breath have a good cup of coffee or tea and get ready for the roller coaster ride. good luck and stay with visa journey for guidance people here are great for support and information!

the reason given was because i appear to be an intending immigrant with intentions of moving to the USA to live with your fiance and look for employment....this i had explained to them was our long term goal but this extended trip was to see how we both coped together and if worked out long term then would apply for said visas but they were not interested once they had made up their minds i was being denied entry..

Thanks for your advice though, guess i will be heading back to work here earlier than planned.....

Timeline

the reason given was because i appear to be an intending immigrant with intentions of moving to the USA to live with your fiance and look for employment....this i had explained to them was our long term goal but this extended trip was to see how we both coped together and if worked out long term then would apply for said visas but they were not interested once they had made up their minds i was being denied entry..

Thanks for your advice though, guess i will be heading back to work here earlier than planned.....

I would expect the impact to be you won't be visiting the US until you have the appropriate visa in hand.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Thanks for your reply, no i was painfully honest about why i was going over, i had planned to go on the tourist visa for near enough the maximum stay and explained why and what the long term goal was, maybe a bit naive i know but though honesty was the best policy.

They said at i was denied entry due to thier suspition that i was planning on living and working in the USA even though had return flight, letter from my employer stating was on unpaid leave for period an when they expected me back at work....ii explained my plan was to go there see how things worked out for both of us and then apply for the visa's required, but they were having none of it....

According to the Embassy in this particular country, or, well, one of the four COs I've talked to in the past 11 months, it's not really a good idea to be honest if you want things to happen the way.... you'd like. Or, well, the way that actually makes sense, too.

Now you'll just have to wait for K1. Heh.

Edited by Badgerella

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

According to the Embassy in this particular country, or, well, one of the four COs I've talked to in the past 11 months, it's not really a good idea to be honest if you want things to happen the way.... you'd like. Or, well, the way that actually makes sense, too.

Now you'll just have to wait for K1. Heh.

Are you suggesting they lie? That is a very bad idea.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

The best advice is to file your K-1 as soon as possible...

The border is being extremely vigilant with all the illegal immigration that is happening now and unfortunately if ANYTHING seems suspicious they will turn you back... This should not affect the application process since it seems like you were honest about the whole situation so not to worry! you will be fine!

K-1 VISA Timeline

I-129F Sent :2008-10-16

I-129F NOA2 :2009-02-22

Interview Date : 2009-03-31

VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 2009-04-05

US Entry : 2009-04-26 tickets bought!

Wedding date: May 31, 2009

Praise HaShem! This has been such a blessing all thanks to him and his glorious hand!

AOS Timeline:

I-495 Sent: 2009-06-30

I-495 Received: 2009-07-01 (Fedex Overnight)

I-495 Biometrics: 2009-08-11

INTERVIEW DATE RECEIVED:: 2009-08-28

1-495 INTERVIEW DATE: 2009-09-29

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

99.9% of the time, you'd be right. This however, was the 0.1% of the time that the OP should NEVER have said what they said, truth or not - it was asking for denial. L&K, how I wish you'd found VJ before you went. If you had just said, "I'm on holiday visiting my other half" you would have been fine. Just fine. And it wouldn't have been a lie, either.

I tip my hat to you for your honesty, L&K, but this is a classic example of offering too much information at the POE - tough break, but learn from it.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Timeline

99.9% of the time, you'd be right. This however, was the 0.1% of the time that the OP should NEVER have said what they said, truth or not - it was asking for denial. L&K, how I wish you'd found VJ before you went. If you had just said, "I'm on holiday visiting my other half" you would have been fine. Just fine. And it wouldn't have been a lie, either.

I tip my hat to you for your honesty, L&K, but this is a classic example of offering too much information at the POE - tough break, but learn from it.

There's telling the truth and telling the truth. One can be "honest" without disclosing their minute by minute itinerary. When asked "purpose of visit?" simply answering "visiting family and friends" would have been truthful and honest. If you also intended to have a batchelor party, would you mention going to a "gentlemen's club"? In all likelyhood the trip to the club would last longer than the wedding ceremony.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

There's telling the truth and telling the truth. One can be "honest" without disclosing their minute by minute itinerary. When asked "purpose of visit?" simply answering "visiting family and friends" would have been truthful and honest. If you also intended to have a batchelor party, would you mention going to a "gentlemen's club"? In all likelyhood the trip to the club would last longer than the wedding ceremony.

So basically, pshbrk, in your own inimitable way, you're agreeing with me?

I'm honoured. B)

Edited by Damian P

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

This shouldn't hurt your filing at all, if anything during the interview they may ask you why you were denied entry. At that point tell them you were HONEST about your reasons for visiting the US, and the officer thought you were a risk to overstay your visa in the US, so he denied you. Once you tell them that, the interviewer might respect your honesty, so even though this sucks, it could actually help you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I am so sorry that you were denied entry. And here I was, jealous that europeans could easily visit their loved ones without much hassle. Reading your post was a bit of a wake up for me and again so sorry...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good luck to you. I hope you journey is speedy and painless.

Better have your fiance come visit you in the mean time.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.