Flames9_RN

USAA credit card holders--Watch out for Fraud

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Howdy! Have banked at USAA for awhile, but have NEVER used the credit card I have received from them, sits in my locked cabinet collecting dust!! So it was buy chance today that i clicked on to the credit card account and noticed a charge to my CC a few days back. So I called up USAA to ask what this charge was, and the USAA rep instantly knew it was fraud has they have seen a lot of merchandise purchased from this one merchant. I forget the name something like "too clothes" Plus my card had been used on 2 other occasions in the past day, of course none are mine as I have NEVER used this card. USAA was excellent, wiped out the charges, closed the account, and new credit cards on the way! So keep an eye out on your CC.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

why do you keep posting this rubbish Flames? It's just all about you isn't it.. holy cow.. I can't wait for you to take a very long vacation from VJ ...................

:devil:

FLAME WAR!!!!!!!!!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

_________ credit card holders--Watch out for Fraud, Keep an eye out!!!

Fixed it.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
:lol: We love you flames, and this is good info to know. esp for those of us who lock up our credit cards.. keep yer eyes on 'em fer sure :yes:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
That's weird. How would they get your cc # if you'd never used the card? :unsure:

I was wondering that too!

I have no clue! I have NEVER used that CC for ANYTHING!! I activated via the phone like you do with all CC, then put it away in my desk!! The USAA rep stated sometimes they just make up #'s!! But he stated they had seen a lot of similar transactions to the same company over the past few days! And he asked like 5 times if I had an anti virus program on my computer and spyware removal program, both of which I have and run daily!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Howdy! Have banked at USAA for awhile, but have NEVER used the credit card I have received from them, sits in my locked cabinet collecting dust!! So it was buy chance today that i clicked on to the credit card account and noticed a charge to my CC a few days back. So I called up USAA to ask what this charge was, and the USAA rep instantly knew it was fraud has they have seen a lot of merchandise purchased from this one merchant. I forget the name something like "too clothes" Plus my card had been used on 2 other occasions in the past day, of course none are mine as I have NEVER used this card. USAA was excellent, wiped out the charges, closed the account, and new credit cards on the way! So keep an eye out on your CC.

Thanks for the info. We use USAA CC a lot so if any fraud charges occured we would never notice. Gonna go double check right now.

02/14/2008 Valentine`s Day Wedding!

AOS

04/09/2008 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

05/03/2008 call to USCIS because NOA1 not received ;( Got the receipt number and was told that we cannot get replacement NOA1.

08/21/2008 request for NOA1 for I-130 to file AOS placed over the phone and forwarded to VSC. Thanks to the first great Rep at USCIS hotline

10/17/2008 Hubby`s B-day, NOA1 for I-130 finally arrives!

10/21/2008 AOS sent to Chicago lockbox

10/31/2008 NOAs for AOS received

11/06/2008 I-130 is transferred to CSC

11/20/2008 biometrics done

12/02/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!

01/02/2009 EAD received

02/12/2009 Interview APPROVED!!!

02/17/2009 welcome letter received

02/23/2009 GC received!!! yay!!!

RC

11/18/2010 I-751 Sent to VSC

11/22/2010 NOA1

01/07/2011 Early Bio

01/27/2011 Scheduled Bio

05/11/2011 RC approved

05/17/2011 GC received

Naturalization

11/14/2011 Sent package via Priority to Nebraska SC

11/25/2011 NOA made it

Relocated to NE

04/03/2012 Interview passed!!!

04/10/2012 Oath

04/10/2012 New prints required/done

04/14/2012 Received a welcome packet but still no certificate

04/17/2012 Certificate is here!!!!! Dated 04/16/2012 huh????

That's weird. How would they get your cc # if you'd never used the card? :unsure:

I have no clue! I have NEVER used that CC for ANYTHING!! I activated via the phone like you do with all CC, then put it away in my desk!! The USAA rep stated sometimes they just make up #'s!! But he stated they had seen a lot of similar transactions to the same company over the past few days! And he asked like 5 times if I had an anti virus program on my computer and spyware removal program, both of which I have and run daily!

They get your info online somehow. maybe phishing or just plain hacking. then they write your info to a counterfeit card with a writer/reader...

MagneticcardReader.jpg

buy one here...

http://www.hackerscatalog.com/Products/Boo...cams/index.html

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They get your info online somehow. maybe phishing or just plain hacking. then they write your info to a counterfeit card with a writer/reader...

MagneticcardReader.jpg

buy one here...

http://www.hackerscatalog.com/Products/Boo...cams/index.html

Are stores allowed to sell stuff like that?

Edited by Laura+Tom

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks for the info!

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.