briscokid

Your story of you and your finace

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I met my fiance in October 2003 in a chat room that I visited frequently to help with my Tagalog so i could look cool tot he pinays ahaha. She was very shy, yet eager to help me not knowing my plans . I would ask other people for help, but would always end up going back to her. I knew that I could trust her to tell me the right way to say anythings or try to help me, and was shy to teach me the bas stuff, so eventually I only talked to her. We have been talking  ever since October 2003. I had just finished college and she was in her 1st year. So we were both on the internet often.  We talked practically every single day. She was so sweet and innocent, and seemed so happy. She really made me happy by how happy she was. I really admired her, she was going to be a nurse and potential doctor. I’ve never been close to anyone so smart. She did all the things I wanted to do but was scared to do. And what really got me was she could ride a motorcycle and other cool things that I was too scared to do. While I was born in southern USA, where there are trees and wild animals, she was born on an island with beautiful beaches and palm trees, which people in my hometown only dreamed about. She played in the ocean, went on boat rides, flew in airplanes and went to the beach everyday, all the things I was scared to do or only dreamed of doing. She was so sweet and so fun, I fell in love with her. I’ve never met anyone that inspired me so much to want to do different things.

We sat and talked on the phone about being together, and I told her it wasn’t safe, I’ve never did a long distance relationship. I also did not have the patience before like I do now. But my heart changed. Sept 10, 2004, I asked her to be my girlfriend. She told me yes and asked if I would wait for her. I told her yes and I prayed for patience.  We talked practically every day, through good times and bad times. In March 2005 she asked me if I would fly there to see her. I was scared to fly, I had never flown in my life. So I made excuses for being scared. Her mom asked me if I would wait for her to finish college before I went to see her. And I promised that. It was a perfect excuse not to get on that plane. So I did wait for her March 2006 she graduated. I knew in my heart how much I loved her and what I had to do. I was scared but I did it. I went and applied for my passport, and bought a plane ticket to Manila. I went to see her August 18th 2006. I’ve never been outside of the United States, and that was my 1st time on a plane, 17 hours to a foreign country, led by the love I have for my fiancée and all my fears were gone. I couldn’t think of anything but her, she was waiting outside in a crowd when I arrived and I couldn’t see her at first. She spotted me first and ran to me from behind. I thought security changed their mind and wanted to mess with me or get some money out of me, but this was not the case with her. I never smiled so big when I first saw her. I wanted to cry but I had to be tough, she was crying and so happy. We spent a few weeks together. We enjoyed my birthday together Sept. 2, 2006; also, that’s the date I asked her to be my wife at the Bay Walk in Manila and she accepted. She asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I told her I wanted her to be my wife, and nothing more. I had to leave early because of a situation back home and promised her I would return. I returned home on Sept. 7th 2006. I was upset because her birthday was Sept. 10th and that was the last day immigration gave me to be there. In May 2007, she went to Saudi Arabia to work as a nurse. She signed a contract to work there for 2 years. She started having problems and was being mistreated and cheated in Saudi Arabia within 4 months. So, I told her to go back to Philippines. They made it hard and expensive to get her back home, but the courage, love and strength I have for her would not let me give up and leave her there. I finally got her back to Philippines Dec. 2007. i immediatly filed my k1 visa. we shipped to uscis feb 1 2008. hopefully ill have her in my arms again starting a new life by october 08

Such a story.. I am happy to hear how much you love her.. Your story is so inspiring... :whistle:

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Filed: Timeline
i had to pay 7,550

How she did get out of the KSA? I thought the employers there kept the passport and don't give them back until the contractual terms are completed or a price is paid to waive the contract?

That's awesome that her employer accepted the money. I have heard many anecdotal stories of employers who will not accept money but ask for personal favors instead.

Good luck with your visa journey!

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

by faith and faith alone i was scared i thought they were going to lock her up or rape her or something. her boss started flirting etc

i had to pay 7,550

How she did get out of the KSA? I thought the employers there kept the passport and don't give them back until the contractual terms are completed or a price is paid to waive the contract?

Filed: Timeline
by faith and faith alone i was scared i thought they were going to lock her up or rape her or something. her boss started flirting etc

i had to pay 7,550

Yeah, sexually assaulting Filipina nurses is SOP in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow...good thing she got out of there, although not everyone has a bad experience. My wife's eldest sister is an RN and she worked in Saudi Arabia for awhile. It is where she met her husband who is a truck driver (Filipino). He now is working in Canada and is trying to get his wife and children over to be with him. Best wishes to you and your fiancee.

Timeline

ya i had no help, the philippine embassy is usless there in saudi. i just had to pay[

quote name=Jabberwocky' date='Aug 8 2008, 09:31 PM' post='2097189]

Wow...good thing she got out of there, although not everyone has a bad experience. My wife's eldest sister is an RN and she worked in Saudi Arabia for awhile. It is where she met her husband who is a truck driver (Filipino). He now is working in Canada and is trying to get his wife and children over to be with him. Best wishes to you and your fiancee.

colombia_2007.1200032040.dsc06359.jpg

Here's my story:Where Did She Go?

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

whew! what a beautiful LOVE STORY :thumbs:

WELCOME TO VJ!

just keep updated of your fiancee's visa journey!

Naturalization

01-04-2012 --- N400 sent

01-11-2012 --- Check Cashed

01-10-2012 --- NOA1

02-07-2012 --- Biometrics

02-14-2012 --- Yellow Letter (it says "bring any state issued ID" for interview)

02-24-2012 --- Placed in line for Interview Scheduling

02-27-2012 --- Interview Letter sent out

03-02-2012 --- Interview Letter received

04-02-2012 --- INTERVIEW- passed!

05-01-2012 --- Oath scheduled/ Oath Letter Sent

05-16-2012 --- Oath Taking! I am now a USC!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-5

05-17-2012 --- I-130 Sent

05-29-2012 --- NOA1

09-24-2012 --- NOA2

10-11-2012 --- Received Case Number via email

10-12-2012 --- Mailed AOS

10-24-2012 --- Mailed DS-230

11-16-2012 --- Case Complete

11-27-2012 --- Received interview schedule via email

11-05-2012 --- Early Medical day 1

11-06-2012 --- Medical Day 2 -PASSED!

01-03-2013 --- Interview- APRROVED!

01-10-2013 --- VISA Received

01-14-2013 --- POE LAX

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
I met my fiance in October 2003 in a chat room that I visited frequently to help with my Tagalog so i could look cool tot he pinays ahaha. She was very shy, yet eager to help me not knowing my plans . I would ask other people for help, but would always end up going back to her. I knew that I could trust her to tell me the right way to say anythings or try to help me, and was shy to teach me the bas stuff, so eventually I only talked to her. We have been talking  ever since October 2003. I had just finished college and she was in her 1st year. So we were both on the internet often.  We talked practically every single day. She was so sweet and innocent, and seemed so happy. She really made me happy by how happy she was. I really admired her, she was going to be a nurse and potential doctor. I’ve never been close to anyone so smart. She did all the things I wanted to do but was scared to do. And what really got me was she could ride a motorcycle and other cool things that I was too scared to do. While I was born in southern USA, where there are trees and wild animals, she was born on an island with beautiful beaches and palm trees, which people in my hometown only dreamed about. She played in the ocean, went on boat rides, flew in airplanes and went to the beach everyday, all the things I was scared to do or only dreamed of doing. She was so sweet and so fun, I fell in love with her. I’ve never met anyone that inspired me so much to want to do different things.

We sat and talked on the phone about being together, and I told her it wasn’t safe, I’ve never did a long distance relationship. I also did not have the patience before like I do now. But my heart changed. Sept 10, 2004, I asked her to be my girlfriend. She told me yes and asked if I would wait for her. I told her yes and I prayed for patience.  We talked practically every day, through good times and bad times. In March 2005 she asked me if I would fly there to see her. I was scared to fly, I had never flown in my life. So I made excuses for being scared. Her mom asked me if I would wait for her to finish college before I went to see her. And I promised that. It was a perfect excuse not to get on that plane. So I did wait for her March 2006 she graduated. I knew in my heart how much I loved her and what I had to do. I was scared but I did it. I went and applied for my passport, and bought a plane ticket to Manila. I went to see her August 18th 2006. I’ve never been outside of the United States, and that was my 1st time on a plane, 17 hours to a foreign country, led by the love I have for my fiancée and all my fears were gone. I couldn’t think of anything but her, she was waiting outside in a crowd when I arrived and I couldn’t see her at first. She spotted me first and ran to me from behind. I thought security changed their mind and wanted to mess with me or get some money out of me, but this was not the case with her. I never smiled so big when I first saw her. I wanted to cry but I had to be tough, she was crying and so happy. We spent a few weeks together. We enjoyed my birthday together Sept. 2, 2006; also, that’s the date I asked her to be my wife at the Bay Walk in Manila and she accepted. She asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I told her I wanted her to be my wife, and nothing more. I had to leave early because of a situation back home and promised her I would return. I returned home on Sept. 7th 2006. I was upset because her birthday was Sept. 10th and that was the last day immigration gave me to be there. In May 2007, she went to Saudi Arabia to work as a nurse. She signed a contract to work there for 2 years. She started having problems and was being mistreated and cheated in Saudi Arabia within 4 months. So, I told her to go back to Philippines. They made it hard and expensive to get her back home, but the courage, love and strength I have for her would not let me give up and leave her there. I finally got her back to Philippines Dec. 2007. i immediatly filed my k1 visa. we shipped to uscis feb 1 2008. hopefully ill have her in my arms again starting a new life by october 08

Great story.. me and my husband also met in the Middle East, but Kuwait is completely different in Saudi Arabia.. I wish everything will work out great for both of you.

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif