Rama

K1 rejected at Chennai Consulate

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone, I am new member to VJ

We applied for 1-129F @ California service center on December 18, 08 and got the interview date for June 26, 2008 for K1 visa @ Chennai consulate. In my case my fiancée is pregnant. After three people interviewed and grilled her and a long wait from 8:am to 5:pm (9HOURS) they made her sign a sworn statement stating that we are already married and that she is withdrawing the K1 petition. CO issued a white 221G form stating the file will be sent back to USCIS for the final disposition.

Prior to applying I-129F we had a religious wedding ceremony in India but we never did a legal nor registered marriage. We did not provide any of those photos in the original application nor at the time of the interview. I think they had suspected that we were married because of the pregnancy.

Can you please let me know what to expect next?

Did we commit a fraud?

Will USCIS send me any letter? And if they do, what should I expect to see on it?

Should we wait to hear something from USCIS, about their final disposition, before applying for K3 (1-130)?

Is applying K3 the only option left?

What should I expect at the K-3 interview in reference to the k1 denial?

How long you think is the wait for the K-3 interview if applied today

any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We applied for 1-129F @ California service center on December 18, 08 and got the interview date for June 26, 2008 for K1 visa @ Chennai consulate. In my case my fiancée is pregnant. After three people interviewed and grilled her and a long wait from 8:am to 5:pm (9HOURS) they made her sign a sworn statement stating that we are already married and that she is withdrawing the K1 petition. CO issued a white 221G form stating the file will be sent back to USCIS for the final disposition.

Prior to applying I-129F we had a religious wedding ceremony in India but we never did a legal nor registered marriage. We did not provide any of those photos in the original application nor at the time of the interview. I think they had suspected that we were married because of the pregnancy.

Did we commit a fraud?

Will USCIS send me any letter? And if they do, what should I expect to see on it?

Should we wait to hear something from USCIS, about their final disposition, before applying for K3 (1-130)?

Thanks!

Hi Rama .. welcome aboard, I'm brand new here myself.

Unfortunately I can't answer your questions. I do hope that all goes well for you and you get your family reunited quickly. I'm responding here because just moments ago I posted - hypothetically - about the very case you are describing is actually happening to you. Namely - what are the consequences of a K1 rejection due to a religious marriage ceremony. Is K3 the relevant option? What risks are being run here? You can see my post at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2024630

I suggest we each monitor the responses to both threads, since they are likely to be of relevance in both our cases.

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Did we commit a fraud?

Thanks!

Hi Rama .. welcome aboard, I'm brand new here myself.

Unfortunately I can't answer your questions. I do hope that all goes well for you and you get your family reunited quickly. I'm responding here because just moments ago I posted - hypothetically - about the very case you are describing is actually happening to you. Namely - what are the consequences of a K1 rejection due to a religious marriage ceremony. Is K3 the relevant option? What risks are being run here? You can see my post at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2024630

I suggest we each monitor the responses to both threads, since they are likely to be of relevance in both our cases.

Good luck!

I will, Thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Sorry to hear your news. Unfortunately this is becoming all too common...or at least we're hearing about it more and more. :(

If you are certain you are not legally married then hire an attorney and do everything you can to keep your petition at the Consulate and not sent back to the uscis. This is your first step and it is most important. If you can keep it there, a higher official 'can' have another look and overturn the ruling. Chances are this wont happen without a fight on your part.

There are several cases of this happening on VJ ..some have happy endings... some do not. I can't advise you on India but perhaps if you do a search you can find some answers.

If filing for a K3 is your only other option then you begin the process and wait just like you did for the K1... right now longer. :(

I would try to fight it if I could and get them to hold it at the Embassy.

good luck!

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.