israel0218

RFE after 11 monts of Biometrics

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, this is my first post on the forum, nice forum :)

Well like topic says I got an I-797, notice of action RFE on 06/11/08, I had my biometrics done 07/06/07 and my 1 year extension expires on 08/18/08, I already sent the info which is nothing really new, is just updated bills, tax returns etc, etc then what i had already summited with my I-751.

My case started at the Saint Louis MO office, then I moved to SW Missouri so the closest office was Fort Smith AR where I had the bio done, then my case got transferred to the California service center.

On the RFE that I got my ticket number is not the same and when I called to kind of ask why they needed more info and why the ticket was different, the person said that my case was at a different level and they assigned another ticket number and that they needed the information updated. Since my 1 year extension is about to expire I asked the person what I needed to do, and he said that I didn't need an extension since my case is pending, well I didn't listen to him and made an appointment any way to get an extension.

I have 2 questions for you guys...

1.- On the letter that I got saying my case was transferred to the CSC where says "CASE TYPE" it says "CRI89 APPROVED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (I89)" does it mean my case was approved?

2.- How long do they normally take after the information was received?

Thanks a lot I will keep this updated.

israel

So, on top of the I-797-approved but in the body of the letter-they need more evidence? When you talked-they said they need more docs or you were approved?

I think it could be anything-RFE or approved. I wonder if anybody on this forum knows how they create forms/letters in computer? The officer might just selected wrong menu while creating I-797. I would say that top/tables on top of I-797 is the way it is going to get processed (just a guess). My bet is that "card production" e-mail should be next.

Hello, this is my first post on the forum, nice forum :)

Well like topic says I got an I-797, notice of action RFE on 06/11/08, I had my biometrics done 07/06/07 and my 1 year extension expires on 08/18/08, I already sent the info which is nothing really new, is just updated bills, tax returns etc, etc then what i had already summited with my I-751.

My case started at the Saint Louis MO office, then I moved to SW Missouri so the closest office was Fort Smith AR where I had the bio done, then my case got transferred to the California service center.

On the RFE that I got my ticket number is not the same and when I called to kind of ask why they needed more info and why the ticket was different, the person said that my case was at a different level and they assigned another ticket number and that they needed the information updated. Since my 1 year extension is about to expire I asked the person what I needed to do, and he said that I didn't need an extension since my case is pending, well I didn't listen to him and made an appointment any way to get an extension.

I have 2 questions for you guys...

1.- On the letter that I got saying my case was transferred to the CSC where says "CASE TYPE" it says "CRI89 APPROVED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (I89)" does it mean my case was approved?

2.- How long do they normally take after the information was received?

Thanks a lot I will keep this updated.

israel

Karina and Tomy

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

the letter i got saying that my case was transferred to CSC is the one that says on the top right corner "case type CRI89" below that line "approved removal of conditions (I89)".

then in the same letter they tell me that the case was transferred to CSC, that was the last letter i got before the RFE asking for more evidence of joint residence, since i have been married for less then 2 years when i started the process.

sorry for the confussion

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There was a post on this forum a while back addressing the confusion of that wording - apparently, there are different internal stages for the Removal of Conditions which have different case processing numbers. I don't recall the details, but apparently the 'approved CR189' statement does not refer to an approval for the whole 'Removal of Conditions' application, but for a successful processing of one of their internal parts of the process. I think there was reference to them working on rewording those letters to be less confusing but as I said, I don't recall the details. Regardless, you are still in the processing stage. (The CR189 status number, btw, is the one that we are able to search for case status updates on line and not the first receipt number that is written on the back of the cheque and often the first NOA.)

CSC is working pretty quickly on cases. I suspect that once you respond to the RFE your case will be approved fairly quickly. A number of others who submitted their I-751s going on a year or so now have also received RFEs and once they submitted the requested information their cases were generally approved within a few weeks. I suspect that will happen in your case as well.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.